Ohmforce

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LeVzi wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:48 am This company seems completely stagnated to me, they never seem to offer anything new, nothing in terms of updates, I only own one plugin of theirs Ohmicide, and I can't remember the last time it got an update.
I own the All All collection, and yeah it's annoying that Ohm Force have such terrible small GUIs and haven't updated in years.

Ohm Force are marketing their collaberative software they use for Ohm Studio to other business's. I kind of had a feeling they were going to go all in on that. It's no mystery that developers are going to chase big money if they can.
Flip:
https://irisate.com

If you visit the site it looks like they just started selling it, and claim that Ohm Studio has 150K users. Not a bad amount for a DAW no one here uses.

They should hire some hip young designer to give us a new round of 'Funky Skins' for an overhaul of their old line up.
ImageImageImageImage

Well I installed a Mojave installation in parallels VM and then tried to run the setup files so I could use Ohmicide but that didn't work.

I'm going to just give on it. It was a fun plugin while it lasted.

Thread should be retitled "Ohmforce RIP?"
:borg:

highkoo wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:41 am They should hire some hip young designer to give us a new round of 'Funky Skins' for an overhaul of their old line up.
Their new delay is decent enough, just copy FabFilter or even Arturia's FX plug ins if they need to do skeuomorphism. I would use them again if they did. :shrug:

IIRC They used to post on here, at least had a presence on here. Hopefully they'll see this n reply as to why they don't seem to care anymore about their current plugins.

There are a lot of positive comments here, surely they'd wanna keep it going.

Ohmicide's preset section needs fixing, I am not a fan of the way the preset system works tbh, I am not fussed on distortion options being changed via midi on the fly, it's not how I use distortion plugins.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:39 am Ohmicide's preset section needs fixing, I am not a fan of the way the preset system works tbh, I am not fussed on distortion options being changed via midi on the fly, it's not how I use distortion plugins.
They do need a better method for loading presets.
I really like the ability to trigger morphing between sounds on the fly by sending MIDI notes to it. If you toggle back and forth between two notes or cycle through more it's like having an LFO assigned to all parameters at once to create a pulsing distortion.

Ohmforce is alive, they reply to my facebook message.check their blog, they show the new infinity GUI !

hivkorn wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:14 pm Ohmforce is alive, they reply to my facebook message.check their blog, they show the new infinity GUI !
link to blog? all i see is this and it's from 2018

https://blog.ohmforce.com/category/desi ... dio-notes/

First screenshot of the coming ohmboyz infinity ;)

Reminds me a tiny bit of CamelSpace but with a more modern touch. This could become a Goodie for sure!
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

hivkorn wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:29 pm Image

First screenshot of the coming ohmboyz infinity ;)
Looks like they’re struggling with rejecting the flat fad, so they went with a little of both (flat and actual depth-cued shapes), and tried to unify it all with “mainstream minimalism”... The knobs on the left remind me of mint Lifesavers for some reason. I wonder if they’ll spark when hit with a hammer (pro tip: do not hit your screen with a hammer).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Seems they are alive, and they are going to release a bunch of new plug-ins and dump the old ones. "originals"

If there is a Ohmicide 2, I'd be down for that, interesting to see how it pans out, but they should have had more sales by now for the likes of Quadfromage still at 99 Euros...

Bring people in so they'll upgrade.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Blimey! They might just pull it back, after all.

Looks stunning. And as someone who always used Ohmboyz with the funky skin, I'm glad they've payed a little homage to it's character (What a beautiful design element).

While it still annoys me that they just decided on total radio-silence, after the initial promotion, their latest blog-post is a decent explanation and statement-of-intent; enough to engender some new trust/faith.

Wishing them success :tu:

Damn, I’m looking forward to that! That early access may have paid off after all.

Return to “Effects”