Ohmforce

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This company seems completely stagnated to me, they never seem to offer anything new, nothing in terms of updates, I only own one plugin of theirs Ohmicide, and I can't remember the last time it got an update. I mean surely there could be optimizing updates, compatibility updates, and just upgrades to improve it, one thing they could do is fix the preset path problem , it never remembers where it stores it's presets. It could also do with a whole heap of more presets added.

Infinity seems to be the last thing they released. Quadfromage is still 99 Euros which I find a high price for a filterbank.

Predatohm will probably be the only one I wanna get with Quadfromage at some point but the GUI's really do put me off.

Anyway, rant over, I like Ohmicide, still gets a lot of use, even if I struggle to understand how it completely works lol
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I totally hear you, these guys were pretty unique back in the day. Now a days there stuff has been left behind in the DSP arms race, but Ohmicide still stands out as a pretty good digital distortion FSU unit.

I also own a licence of Ohmicide, and It seems kind of buggy to use so I haven't been really using it as much as I would like.

I'm going to assume that most of the Ohm plugs work great on Windows systems and probably not as great on the latest Mac systems. I made the mistake of updating to Catalina, so I'm not even sure if this will load (I haven't tested this yet).

As for understanding the plugin, I found the manual pretty helpful.

I think the Midi controlled patch changing is one thing that is still unique. I don't know of any other multi-band distortion plugins that do that.

***Update**** -- Turns out I can't even install Ohmicide because they haven't updated their installers to work with Catalina. Going to test out a VM solution...
:borg:

shit, I know wha-ya-mean. Ohmicide isn't compatible with Ableton 10. At least they're kind enough to give us refunds.

Back in the day these guys were producing some great stuff.

Now it's all abandon wear... buyer beware. Shame.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Really does seem a shame they aren't trying to improve and release new stuff, the Ohmicide plugin is pretty unique and a really decent distortion plugin, I should read the manual again , slower this time. lol

Now I hear their stuff doesn't even work on certain systems, they will refund but not fix their plugins.

Real shame, i'd love to see updated versions and more enhancements.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Ohmicide is still my favorite distortion. But I really hate the preset selection system. I wish there was a browser. I'd pay for an upgrade with that.

They put a lot of work into this, which never took off:

https://www.ohmforce.com/OhmStudio.do

Seems like they caught a case of the 2010's "the cloud is where it's at", in an area where it doesn't really apply (whenever I see the words "artists" and "collaborate" in the same marketing, I typically run.

They're one of the developers I fondly remember from the days I got a lot of my kit from CM mag. Like Voxengo (though they've done a few new things of late, if I'm not mistaken)

i'd happily pay for updates to all the ohmforce plugs i own... which is i think all of them. they still sound good imo but need gui refreshes and better preset selection.

They do need better GUIs though. I remember I actually needed to look at a piece of cheese and understand where the knob is. Reminds me of Sierra adventure games of the early 90s.

Seems like they fell off once all their focus went into making that collaborative DAW, Ohm Studio. Ohmicide was one the first plugins I ever purchased back in 2007, and still one of the most satisfying distortion vsts I own.

i recently sold quadfrohmage here for 20€ (transfered my account ) also mailed them but zero reaction.
i'd watch out when buying something new from them...

The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long. :ud:
JoeCat wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:33 pm They put a lot of work into this, which never took off:

https://www.ohmforce.com/OhmStudio.do
Yep.
They were ahead of their time in a lot of ways.
I think they were way ahead on that one, and they put a lot of their stored potential and kinetic energies into it.
It takes a lot to create a whole technology based ecosystem and convince people to use it before they even realize they want it.
ImageImageImageImage

JoeCat wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:33 pmThey're one of the developers I fondly remember from the days I got a lot of my kit from CM mag. Like Voxengo (though they've done a few new things of late, if I'm not mistaken)
Yup, 'tis a pity. They were pioneers in the VST game.
A well-behaved signature.

robindrieghe wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:35 pm i recently sold quadfrohmage here for 20€ (transfered my account ) also mailed them but zero reaction.
i'd watch out when buying something new from them...
I contacted them a year ago and they more or less told me I couldn't sell the stuff - I had the complete instrument and FX bundle thingey, and then added Ohmiscide.

Didn't they bring out a new delay a couple of years ago which was quite expensive and a hard sell in the world of Replika etc?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I still use Ohmboys all the time. It’s like a much dirtier version of sandman. And Ohmicide is still my goto for completely insane distortion.

I’m pretty sure they dropped the ball when they tried to develop that cooperative host all on their own. It took way longer than they first announced, and then was kind of ignored when it was released. I would love to see them put all their original fx into a modular box like mxxx or the soundtoys rack and include the full per parameter mod system and morphing. I’d pay a couple hundred bucks for that. All their stuff still sounds great and performs incredibly well on modern systems.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”