IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:52 pm
JJ_Jettflow wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:24 pm
Neither of these seems to work. :neutral:
This doesn't work either;

You can also show off your chops for a chance to win our guitar recording studio suite of products.

No matter though, given that I am the king of widdle, no one would stand a chance.
+ added grimness ...
:tu:

Forgotten wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:21 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:11 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:52 pm
JJ_Jettflow wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:24 pm
Neither of these seems to work. :neutral:
This doesn't work either;

You can also show off your chops for a chance to win our guitar recording studio suite of products.

No matter though, given that I am the king of widdle, no one would stand a chance.
pissing yourself in a taxi home from a works party can win you gear?
Probably not or I would have more hardware than the Behringer factory by now...
:hihi:

Ryan_IK wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 pm You can also show off your chops for a chance to win our guitar recording studio suite of products.

Cast your vote now and more importantly tell us why you picked your selections!

Amplifiers

Marshall JVM
Marshall Super Lead
Peavey 5150
Roland JC120
Marshall 6100
Scholz Rockman

Stomp FX

Chandler Tube Driver
BOSS DS-1
BOSS OD-1
Vox Wah
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Dunlop 535 Wah
Echoplex
Eventide 949
Digitech Ultra Harmonizer

Cast your vote below, and check back January 16th to see what gear will be included in AmpliTube Joe Satriani.

VOTE NOW!

Click here to read more on AmpliTube
Sorry guys! Links are all fixed. See above.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

imrae wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:08 pm An updated 5150 would be nice, the current one is still gen 3 I think? OD-1 would also be good, could use more mild overdrive flavours. Come to that, where's the Klon? (Probably not Satch-related I know...)
They definitely need to have a pack emulating the gear of someone who plays a Klon. Maybe someone who also plays a Z-Vex fuzz factory as well.

Yeah, sorry but that's a very generic list. There's a LOT of rare, vintage, (and horribly expensive), gear out there I'd like to see emulated before most of the stuff on this list.
Not even terribly enthused about the Rockman. I knew a guy that played them through JC-120's back in the day. Great player but, to me anyway, his tone sounded like a hive of angry bees in a coke can. :lol:
But also, Peavey no longer owns Revalver so there's also that
That's entirely incorrect. They simply rebranded it to AMR, (Audio Media Research), which has been a division of Peavey for DECADES. This move was simply to differentiate ReValver from other modeling projects being developed under the main Peavey brand name.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

MODO GUITARS...modeling the actual guitars as well as the amps would be seriously cool!
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:31 am MODO GUITARS...modeling the actual guitars as well as the amps would be seriously cool!
I'm sure Joe's Ibanez models would be cool to have modeled, and personally (and this does not have anything to do with an upcoming product in any way) I'd be more interested in the more complex modeling of acoustic guitars as I'm playing much more acoustic in my old age but don't have endless cash on hand for some of the amazing acoustic guitars I'd love to play.

Only a couple of days until the gear in AmpliTube Joe Satriani is announced, too, by the way.

I had the Satriani signature head - the Marshall JVM 410 HJS. Amazing amp! Could basically do everything from sparkling cleans to crushing high gain. What I liked the most about it was the pick attack in the orange OD channel - super tight and percussive. Overall less compressed than the regular JVM and much better cleans.

I sold the head last year to buy a Framus Cobra instead. The Cobra died after just a couple of weeks and now I miss the HJS. I wish I never sold it.

I really hope you model the HJS signature JVM for the plugin.

benjamind wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:31 am MODO GUITARS...modeling the actual guitars as well as the amps would be seriously cool!
Amplitube 5 before please

Marshall JVM 410 HJS all the way. One of the best Marshalls in the last few decades. Full of character and soooo much flexibility.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

no Amplitube 5 'til Amplitube David Gilmour. I don't wanna hear it. Just do it. It's long overdue.

before your move to Satch, there's Gilmour and EVH to do first. Alex Lifeson too. you really jumped the shark there.

just don't do Vai. his tone is as bad as Satch's, worse even.

still bummed Joe didn't add his Vox Time Machine delay to the gear list.

and his Univibe pedals.

tad underwhelmed to see the final rooster, but glad Marshall JVM and Tube Driver were chosen. Boss dirt pedals were crap choices. rather see his Vox dist and drive pedals.

Fulltone Octave kinda nice. Sounds like Hendrix Octavio, actually.

You have to wonder how much of a "survey" this really was since the final list of gear was announced like immediately after the poll closed. I was glad to see the 5150 and the Rockman (the 5150 currently in Amplitube 4 is the same one from version 3, and it is not very convincing these days). But I was bummed to see them opting for bog standard Boss pedals that no one really cares about and clearly ignoring the cool shit that no one else has modeled (ultra harmonizer and Eventide 949, especially). Something tells me they never had any intention of trying to model those--just wanted the publicity of the survey.

escalona wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:57 pm Marshall JVM 410 HJS all the way. One of the best Marshalls in the last few decades. Full of character and soooo much flexibility.
You got your wish: AmpliTube Joe Satriani

imrae wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:08 pm An updated 5150 would be nice, the current one is still gen 3 I think?
You've never tried TSE X50II?
https://www.tseaudio.com/home
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Effects”