IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Joe's given us his list of top gear.

Vote for the gear you want to see in AmpliTube Joe Satriani next year.

Guitar legend Joe Satriani knows gear. For 30 years he's used a massive collection of dream gear to create some of the most iconic guitar recordings of all time. From the wah-sculpted leads of Surfing with the Alien to the stripped-down rock of his work in Chickenfoot, he's one of an elite few guitarists with not just one signature sound, but dozens.

So when we approached him about doing a signature AmpliTube collection, he was in. The only question? What gear to model.

That's where you come in. Let us know what gear you'd like to see in the next AmpliTube. Vote daily here and you could win.

You can also show off your chops for a chance to win our guitar recording studio suite of products.

Cast your vote now and more importantly tell us why you picked your selections!

Amplifiers

Marshall JVM
Marshall Super Lead
Peavey 5150
Roland JC120
Marshall 6100
Scholz Rockman

Stomp FX

Chandler Tube Driver
BOSS DS-1
BOSS OD-1
Vox Wah
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Dunlop 535 Wah
Echoplex
Eventide 949
Digitech Ultra Harmonizer

Cast your vote below, and check back January 16th to see what gear will be included in AmpliTube Joe Satriani.

VOTE NOW!

Click here to read more on AmpliTube
Last edited by Ryan_IK on Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

I always loved the JSX head but he's not with Peavey anymore so there's that. But also, Peavey no longer owns Revalver so there's also that :hihi:

What's the deal with ARC System on Catalina?

ARC is conspicuously missing from IK's Catalina product schedule.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=8888

It's not even listed under "Pending further review."
Are ARC users getting shafted?

Shouldn't customers be informed that it isn't going to work on the current version of MacOS before throwing away money for it?

I was looking to buy it during the sale, but not if it's not going to work on my computer!

The sale price isn't such a good deal after all, if the software is obsolete abandonware.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

TBH, I never paid attention to his tone. It's just some tone, whatever. It's the playing that's spectacular.

Arp_ wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:40 am TBH, I never paid attention to his tone. It's just some tone, whatever. It's the playing that's spectacular.
I agree with you, it's a strange choice as its sound is so easy to get your head around

Amplifiers

Marshall JVM - No
Marshall Super Lead -No
Peavey 5150 - Maybe
Roland JC120 - Updated JC120 yes please
Marshall 6100 - No
Scholz Rockman - Could be interesting.

Stomp FX

Chandler Tube Driver - Yes
BOSS DS-1- Yes
BOSS OD-1- Yes
Vox Wah- Yes
Fulltone Ultimate Octave- Yes
Dunlop 535 Wah- Yes
Echoplex- Yes
Eventide 949- Yes
Digitech Ultra Harmonizer- Yes

So more effects please, not too bothered by more amps, I usually use S-Gear for that.

Wouldn't look to Satch for tone, but would like a Chandler Tube Driver and a (badly needed) update for the 5150. Rockman would be fun. Tube Driver for Eric Johnson and David Gilmour type tones and 5150 for EVH and metal.

Don't know why they would offer JC120 as I believe there are already 2 or 3 versions of it available in Amplitube.
Last edited by Angle Loss on Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a true gentleman removes his headwear indoors. 🧐

Peter, is that Vox wah his signature Vox Big Bad Wah or different?
Last edited by Stringzy on Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stringzy wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:14 pm Peter, is that Vox wah his signature Vox Big Bad Wah or different?
It is! We will use his actual Big Bad Wah.

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I dont think the sholz Rockman has been emulated anywhere else, or its extremely rare if it has, that’d be cool to have.

ShawnG wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:04 pm I dont think the sholz Rockman has been emulated anywhere else, or its extremely rare if it has, that’d be cool to have.
I've been asking for this for years. Sure, I could pick one up somewhere but I'd like to have a virtual version. It was my early high school setup through two fairly crappy Peaveys. I didn't lose (or maybe sell?) my Rockman when I picked up a nice 80s JCM800 soon after, but it got lost or sold somewhere along the way and I never got to replace it.

A few of us from IK in the US went to see Def Leppard earlier this year, which sparked the old stories about them recording almost an entire album with Rockman units as well as the "chords recorded one string at a time" anecdote but that story grew legs since it was apparently only one smaller section of the title song of said album.

Joe's Time Machine delay is awesome, shame he didn't throw it in as well.

The mighty Turtle Head also hid his awesome Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe, a cheap old c*nt he is.

I must agree, though, I don't care for his tone either.

Tube Driver is the only thing I really want from Joe's list.

How many times you did that tired JC120 already? You just did it for Dimebag Collection, it's been fairly enough.

Joe is the main driver of what gear we should consider modeling for his AmpliTube collection.

Return to “Effects”