Whats your favorite "sub" adding plugin (bx_subsynth, lo-air, Submarine etc..) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ploki wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:56 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:43 pm Highpass the synth and add a low octave of sine pulse or triangle wave with other synth
sure works well for audio
As a matter of fact it does, you just have to add midi notes according the audio. You cant really add whats not really there. Those harmonics enchancers add they are from same source material that you are trying to work on.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:00 pm
Ploki wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:56 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:43 pm Highpass the synth and add a low octave of sine pulse or triangle wave with other synth
sure works well for audio
As a matter of fact it does, you just have to add midi notes according the audio. You cant really add whats not really there. Those harmonics enchancers add they are from same source material that you are trying to work on.
"just create midi notes according to audio" is not always feasible, fast, or effective, and point of sub-synths is that they do make a false low frequency.
Also, there's SFX and kicks and stuff where it's simply easier to work with that than recreating it from screatch and adding it phase coherently.

etc.
they have their use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ya, some of these things actually add/enhance low end. Some just add upper harmonics.
I am usually using Waves MaxxBass and it allows you to balance the dry low end and wet hi end.
ImageImageImageImage

Ploki wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:54 pm
escalona wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:22 pm
I´m selling my bx_subsynth for $29. I´m ok just with Ren Bass and LoAir.
doens't rbass add upper harmonics, not subs? so, the opposite of sub enhancer
Yes it does
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

For non Waves, definitely check out some of the AirWindows tools.

I started using Scheps Particles and I think that's as far as I want to go with sub artificial enhancement. The Pusher plugin also has bass enhancement.

I also think that the CLA Signature Series uses some type of low-end enhancement at least in the bass plugin.

Anyone using Izotope's multiband exciter to add low end harmonics, or do you think its limited?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

the question you have to ask yourself is, is your sausage fat enough?

Ploki wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:54 pm
escalona wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:22 pm
I´m selling my bx_subsynth for $29. I´m ok just with Ren Bass and LoAir.
doens't rbass add upper harmonics, not subs? so, the opposite of sub enhancer
For my purposes (the music I work with) I seldom have any need of sub-harmonics. If at all, I work with Wavesfactory Spectre if I need to tickle really low areas. Sometimes I feel tempted to do just like in the 60s and cut off everything below 80, just like the Beatles, in the most disrespectful way...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:17 pm
For my purposes (the music I work with) I seldom have any need of sub-harmonics. If at all, I work with Wavesfactory Spectre if I need to tickle really low areas. Sometimes I feel tempted to do just like in the 60s and cut off everything below 80, just like the Beatles, in the most disrespectful way...
lol love it. also, i just bought spectre on bf - great on beefing up low ends
Septimon wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:34 pm
Yes it does
really? i thought it's just a variation of MaxxBass, that just adds harmonic content so the bass are felt better, not actually making false lows. LoAir however is a sub-synth

Waves CLA Bass adds some sub very easy. just picked it up. Also use Lo-Air and BX-Subsynth
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I prefer sublimate subs.

Calenberger wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:30 pm I prefer sublimate subs.
? ? ?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:37 am
Calenberger wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:30 pm I prefer sublimate subs.
? ? ?
That's sublime... :tu:

still using the old PSP Mixsaturator (...as well as MixTrebble for hi-end)

I have renBass and Maxxbass , and i've been using Maxxbass a lot more recently. I use some of the presets and i've been very happy with the results.

When I put my own sub in, I will normally reach for renBass just to give it a bit more "feel"
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Effects”