Zenith by Audiaire

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zenith

David wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:14 pm
mtamayo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:28 pm
I highly recommend anyone that is interested in the modulation possibilities of this plugin to check out Bitwig Studio. …
Very cool, indeed; I've just gotten BW3 , but haven't yet really dug in…dunno what's keeping me!:)

Do you think one could as easily set up and save multi-modulator templates in Bitwig that any plugins could be dropped into? I assume you could build unique, complex systems around each of your favorite synths as tracks, and just call these up everytime… Or maybe there's some better way? Can modulator Grids be made?

And ergonomically, how would the BW interface with, say, 10-15 modulators active, compare to the elegant Zenith gui with the same number?

Once you'd figured out how to map BW modulators to Z knobs, I guess you could easily create a handful of Zenith tracks to make the best of both BW and Z at the same time, each saved for easy deployment…

Fun to fantasize; I wonder if setups like these would be as fun to actually use…?
You could save modulator templates. Just save a Grid with all your modulators as a preset. And in the FX Grid you can set up your GUI however you'd like. For the Grid GUI, you could minimize the Device Panel, Inspector Panel, and Browser Panels to have the Grid take up the whole screen. Similar to how Zenith allows you to create knobs and sliders, you can set up knobs, buttons and sliders (via the XY pad module) in the Grid and place them to your preferences. You could even arrange all the step sequencers how you'd like. Only downside to the BW step sequencer/modulator is that they don't have the steps numbered like in Zenith for easy comparison between multiple sequences. I put in a feature request with BW to add numbers or markers to help with this especially when you get up to large number of steps (up to 64 steps can be harder to discern sometimes), but who knows if they'll add that.

UlasK wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:13 pm
mtamayo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 pm Has anyone tried out the demo for Zenith with hardware? I tried the demo out yesterday with software and it was a big headache trying to get it set up correctly because of missing / incorrect MIDI mapping files (they were missing because they're not included in the demo and after looking at videos, reading through the manual, and poking around in the software, it was finally revealed by support that they didn't include the necessary files in the demo). Then after receiving the MIDI mapping files from support via email, they still didn't work because they're not in the correct format for the software ( I tried it out on several Arturia soft synths).
I believe I was the one that sent you the correct MIDI maps later on. We fixed the issues with all the Arturia maps and actually included them in an updated installer which you can get at: http://www.audiaire.com/getzenith
Yes, I did get the updated MIDI maps, so thank you for that! I had posted that before you had replied back to me. They work great now. Appreciate your help!

the best of both worlds
Me, too. And I'd LOVE to hear more detail about how you use them together; that's my plan, too—along with Logic of course, where the AU MIDI FX particularly shine.

(In fact, I mostly use my other DAWs to send THEIR MIDI FX into Logic for recording and further tweaking with its MIDI FX.)

One of the things I like best about Zenith (and have the highest hopes for in terms of added features, as above) is how it combines AND separates the pitch/gate and the modulation aspects of MIDI manipulation. I want to be able to combine and separate ALL my MIDI FX in that way, along with modulating the pitch/gate part, as well, of course…which I don't yet see Zenith addressing…
Last edited by David on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtamayo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:38 pm
I highly recommend anyone that is interested in the modulation possibilities of this plugin to check out Bitwig Studio. …
Very cool, indeed; I've just gotten BW3 , but haven't yet really dug in…dunno what's keeping me!:)

Do you think …

Fun to fantasize; I wonder if setups like these would be as fun to actually use…?
You could save modulator templates. Just save a Grid with all your modulators as a preset. And in the FX Grid you can set up your GUI however you'd like. For the Grid GUI, you could minimize the Device Panel, Inspector Panel, and Browser Panels to have the Grid take up the whole screen. Similar to how Zenith allows you to create knobs and sliders, you can set up knobs, buttons and sliders (via the XY pad module) in the Grid and place them to your preferences. You could even arrange all the step sequencers how you'd like. Only downside to the BW step sequencer/modulator is that they don't have the steps numbered like in Zenith for easy comparison between multiple sequences. I put in a feature request with BW to add numbers or markers to help with this especially when you get up to large number of steps (up to 64 steps can be harder to discern sometimes), but who knows if they'll add that.
Excellent, thank you! Even though so far I can barely manage to say much more than "Go!" and "Stop!" in Bitwiggian, it's definitely a lovely language to listen to even without understanding much, so please go on:)

And if you ever do set up some things in it like you describe, I'd dearly love to see at least a screen grab or two!

David wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:06 am
mtamayo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:38 pm

Do you think …

Excellent, thank you! Even though so far I can barely manage to say much more than "Go!" and "Stop!" in Bitwiggian, it's definitely a lovely language to listen to even without understanding much, so please go on:)

And if you ever do set up some things in it like you describe, I'd dearly love to see at least a screen grab or two!
Cool, no prob. Once I get around to it, I'll start a different thread regarding this topic and might do some video tutorials. I'm new to KVR so I'll poke around to see where to start.

enCiphered wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 pm It´s really a strange attitude to come to an official thread of a developer trying to present his new product, point to other software products and post workarounds how something could be achieved without it.
One would hope that people wouldn't be rude, but this is a forum where we give and get feedback on all sorts of products. I expect people to bring in comparisons and help us judge the plug-in's worth. Plenty of plug-ins have measured up here, and I'm thinking Zenith will, as well.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Thanks, mtamayo, looking forward to whatever you do:)

Just to be clear, though, for anyone else, and esp. for the Audiaire posters here, MY main interest has always been, and remains, how best to use (and hopefully improve!) Zenith, in whatever hosts, as I'm most interested in cross-DAW applications, and much more interested in how Zenith could interact with other plugins than in how to replace or skip it. I'm sort of a MIDI FX extremist, and Zenith's currently the most interesting thing I'm seeing in that realm.

It's because I already have so many other MIDI FX, and love many of them, that I'm mainly concerned about the synergies possible amongst them, rather than simply in what Zenith can do by itself.

sureno wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:31 pm on a side note, think I found a super small bug, just visual really but it eats at my OCD lol

when you are synced with host the tempo isn't reflected nor does it behave the same way it does in zone. its actually in tempo but just doesn't adjust
Got it, thanks! Will be fixed soon

Our Black Friday sale is here! You can use the code FRIDAY25 to get 25% off on the checkout.

Ya, excluding Zenith.

^^^
Which is already discounted.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:59 am Ya, excluding Zenith.
David wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:25 am ^^^
Which is already discounted.
Thanks David! Dirtgrain the current price of Zenith is already discounted for the holidays, that is why the code won't work on it.

Ya, just pointing it out, the fine print, as this is a thread about Zenith. Did not mean to cause confusion.

David wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:55 pm I REALLY hope Zenith and Audiaire fully rise to the challenge by acknowledging that there are other modulation tools already out there that do equally if not even more fascinating things, and the Zenith COULD be the one that Rules them All.

Come ON, Audiaire, you're SO close—just a LITTLE more work and you're THERE!!
As somebody who is looking for a dope midi device like this, what else is out there that’s better?

thagreatbelow wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:58 am
As somebody who is looking for a dope midi device like this, what else is out there that’s better?
Setting aside DAWs and unique built-in-DAW devices like M4L or Logic's MIDI FX, and modular building environments such as Max, Bidule, and Reaktor (and any others I don't know, like Mux or Hollyhock or Architect or MIDI Lab or…?) where you could patch up most (maybe all) of the functions of Zenith and go on to customize your creations in ways that would take them beyond Zenith, once you learn how to do that, I can only think of two plugins that come close, but of course don't exactly match the feature set of Zenith, or each other, other than both being weighted more to pitch/gate/velocity sequencing than to MIDI CC modulation, unlike Zenith which is lighter on note stuff compared to CC modulation. Up to you whether they're "better". (Neither offer MIDI maps for specific devices, or configurable GUIs, or modulation-pattern presets…but they do both offer MIDI Thru!)

Hy-Plugin's Sequencer Collection has, obviously, a range of different pitch/gate/velocity sequencers, plus a bunch of different modulation tools that can both target internal sequencer parameters and be sent out via multiple MIDI CCs to other devices.

Five12's Numerology (Mac only) is a modular environment, but it has at least one ready-made module that does both pitch/gate/velocity sequencing and modulation out via MIDI CCs.

There certainly are other sequencers that have a few CC lanes, but none others that I know of that let you decide how many of these you want, like Zenith, HY, and Numerology do.

Only the HY device comes close to being as elegant as Zenith, IMO. And I'd love to be able to use them together if/when Zenith becomes more "modular" with MIDI Thru:)

Return to “Effects”