Zenith by Audiaire

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zenith

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 pm I like working with midi so Zenith is on my buy list!
I had it figured at $79 -30% so $55.
Perhaps a BF/CM sale?
No further Zenith reduction planned at this point, sorry. $79 is the intro price with 30% off already. It took over a year to develop with an extensive team. This is the lowest we could price Zenith while making sure everyone involved was fairly compensated.

Sharooz wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:11 pm Hardware operation is incredibly straight forward. 99.9% of CC controllable hardware devices don’t need MIDI maps in our experience. I remember emailing with you yesterday. I believe your Arturia Collection is a different version to that which we designed the MIDI maps on hence the lack of compatibility on those 4/5 presets you’ve highlighted. We are updating maps today to the most current version and shipping those with the demo. It takes about 20mins to do on our end. Not particularly cumbersome in my opinion.
Ah ok, I think I'll go ahead and give the hardware a try sometime tomorrow. I think I'm going to end up purchasing this since you sound like you're working on fixing the presets and I read you are working on new preset additions, plus the potential of this plugin is very promising. Thanks for the update

Sharooz wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:20 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 pm I like working with midi so Zenith is on my buy list!
I had it figured at $79 -30% so $55.
Perhaps a BF/CM sale?
No further Zenith reduction planned at this point, sorry. $79 is the intro price with 30% off already. It took over a year to develop with an extensive team. This is the lowest we could price Zenith while making sure everyone involved was fairly compensated.
I am sure you figured out the price of Zenith that gives you the most profit.
I wish you success with what seems to be a really fine plugin. :tu:
Tempted to get it even at that price. :)

This plugin is lots of fun but even for a guy with 20/20 vision, you almost need a magnifying glass to read most of the parameters, esp the sequencer lanes. I might be missing it but an option for larger GUI/Text would be welcome.

EDIT: Yes, I missed the obvious option they included to increase the GUI size to 200%. Top right of the plugin.
Last edited by Raddler1 on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Very easy to boost the GUI to 200% in 25% increments. It’s on the top right menu where it says SIZE. Mentioned in all our marketing, videos, social media, manuals, user posts, tweets, FAQs, stickies and frequent tech support emails :tu:
Last edited by Sharooz on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sharooz wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:20 am Very easy to boost the GUI to 200% in 25% increments. It’s on the top right menu where it says SIZE. Mentioned in all our marketing, videos, social media, manuals, user posts, tweets, FAQs, stickies and frequent tech support emails
I'm terribly sorry :roll:
I completely missed that. I had been looking to find the option in the preferences tab. My bad. Working perfect now. :tu:
Last edited by Raddler1 on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted post.

Raddler1 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:23 am
Sharooz wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:20 am Very easy to boost the GUI to 200% in 25% increments. It’s on the top right menu where it says SIZE. Mentioned in all our marketing, videos, social media, manuals, user posts, tweets, FAQs, stickies and frequent tech support emails
I'm terribly sorry :roll:
I completely missed that. I had been looking to find the option in the preferences tab. My bad. Working perfect now. :tu:
Haha glad to hear it!

I had a play with the demo last night, It works really well with my Shruthi-1, Nord Lead 2 and Monologue.
If you fancy adding templates for the Prophet 12 and Modor NF1 then that's me sorted :wink:

It really easy to set up and was a lot of fun so I will probably grab it today.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

While we are making requests

Nord lead 4
DSI rev2
DSI evolver
Polyend Medussa
Moog Sirin
???Novation Peak??? Can see the template but not the preset
Last edited by sureno on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

for this intro price I am out

Just had a fiddle with the demo in Logic and am very impressed…with the potential here. I hadn't realized how strong the MIDI sequencing features were in addition to the CC stuff, and was delighted to see that you can, with some effort, actually assign outside modulators to the mod knobs in Zenith, and not just the sequencer lanes, LFOs, and Envelopes inside Zenith.

SO far, though, this ability is NOT supported by a MIDI Learn function, which is weird, but I guess the assumption is that Host Automation is what most users might want to do with these knobs if not internally modulating them, and it's only because automation is enabled for them that e.g., the Modulator MIDI FX in Logic can be assigned to them. To add modulation from some other MIDI FX, I had to use the Modifer MIDI FX in Logic, which can also target Zenith's knobs AND will pass MIDI messages coming into it on to Zenith. So, I'm assuming that any similar functionality in other DAWs will work similarly…and that ALL DAWs and users will greatly benefit from MIDI Learn being added to Zenith's controls to eliminate the need for such workarounds—I certainly hope so!!

Unfortunately, even with a year's worth of development, Audiaire didn't think, or see fit, to add MIDI THRU, either, which is a total shame, also I hope soon rectified.

I'd assumed at first that this was built in to the various Seq modes, but no…
The only way I can get another MIDI FX above Zenith in the Logic MIDI FX rack (or anywhere else where you can stack up MIDI FX) to send CC data to the instrument is to turn Zenith completely OFF. Why doesn't, for example, a setting of NOTE in Z's Seq Settings allow Parameter mods from another FX above it to pass thru!? Or a setting of PARAM allow MIDI note data from other arps and sequencers to come through while Zenith does it's CC magic?? Until this is fixed, Zenith isn't playing well with others and it isn't much use to me.

Once these two things are added, tho, I'd have no hesitation is considering Zenith a fabulous new tool, basically a Grand Central switching station for building and saving really robust MIDI modulation networks, something I've been trying to accomplish with big collections of MIDI FX parts and tools for a LONG time. I REALLY hope Zenith and Audiaire fully rise to the challenge by acknowledging that there are other modulation tools already out there that do equally if not even more fascinating things, and the Zenith COULD be the one that Rules them All.

Come ON, Audiaire, you're SO close—just a LITTLE more work and you're THERE!!

Also pleased to note that Audiaire plans to add Rent-To-Own access to Zenith, as they already have done with their other products, at Splice. I'm personally a big fan of this option, and will happily wait for this sale to be over, and sign up for this.

---
Last edited by mtamayo on Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

In this DAW, you can modulate just about any parameter in any instruments and effects (software or hardware), which is vastly more extensive than the options of this plugin.
This is not true. Such statements are very misleading. With M4L in Ableton you can modulate the same amount of paramaters. Nothing more, nothing less.
What would really be an innovation is the ability to midi-learn, map and modulate ANY visible parameter, knob or slider a plugin has to offer. Every plugin is different in this regard. This is why I came with my example above. If the dev didn´t program a specific paramater of his plugin to be midi-learnable and thus modulatable then there is no way at all to do it. Not with Bitwig, not with Ableton or other DAWS.

Return to “Effects”