E-Phonic XPressor v1.05 (free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The OSX version is back up. (v1.0.3 beta)
The plugin should load the UI now on OSX where it didn't before. There still is an issue with the UI in Studio One (only retina) where the plugin shows up 2 times the actual size. This also happens with the example projects from the latest VST3 SDK. So, the issue seems to be in the SDK or Studio One.

http://www.e-phonic.com/xpressor.html

thank you! on it

[edit] crashes every DAW i have, sorry to report
Cubase v9.5 and Studio One v3
OSX10.9.5

sqigls wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:09 pm thank you! on it

[edit] crashes every DAW i have, sorry to report
:o

What DAWs did you test?
Did you remove the old version before installing?

I've tested it here to work perfectly on every host I have both WIN & OSX.
- Ableton Live 10 (WIN/OSX)
- FL Studio 20 (WIN/OSX)
- Studio One 3/4 (WIN/OSX)
- Reaper 5.x (WIN/OSX)
- BitWig Studio (WIN/OSX)
- Element LT (OSX)
- SaviHost (WIN)

EDIT: also tested it here in Studio One 3 on OSX10.15. Can you try to rescan the plugins?

uninstalled everything i could find...
rescan, crashes the same as the original beta. sorry to say

Hmmm... the deployment target was set to OSX 10.10. I've now recompiled for OSX 10.9.
Can you try to download again? Sorry for the hassle!

Crashes Studio One v3
Crashes Cubase v9.5

@sqigls
Thanks for testing!
I guess I need to find a way to reproduce this issue somehow. Like I said, it's running fine here on any mac / DAW combination I can get my hands on so it's nearly impossible for me to debug it.
I'll let you know when I know more!

PJ

U-o wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:18 pm
sinkmusic wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:25 pm
e-phonic wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:43 pm
@e-phonic: That means you have to port the plugins to VST3?
What are your priorities?
XPressor, Drumatic 4 and Retro Delay would be cool.
XPressor for now :-)
By the way, didn't you work on a MS20 emulation at somepoint, a couple years ago ? I think I remember reading (on Twitter ? or FB ?) about a synth named "invader" (or something like that...).
Is it still a project you're working on ?
Do you mean this one?

If so, I still hope, that this one will be realeased (64bit) even if it will be payware.
May I ask where you got that classy GUI fot Invader? It's been a very long time since I used Invader, but if I remember correctly it had a much smaller GUI than what's in your picture and it was white with shiny (silver? blue?) knobs.

e-phonic wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:56 am
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:26 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:19 pm
Turello wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:14 pm 32 bit please!!!

:pray: :help:
Yes please.
+1 Another vote for a 32bit version. :D
About 32-bit. Since the last version of OSX we can no longer publish 32-bit apps. I was assuming most people use 64 bit these days. Aren't nearly all plugins and DAWs 64 bit compatible?

About VST2. Due to the strict policy that Steinberg has on the distribution of VST2 plugins, I'm not allowed to distribute any new plugins in the VST2 format. Steinberg has removed the VST2 SDK and stopped licensing any new VST2 developers after October 2018. I do have a licence for VST3 so that's what I'm stuck with now.
Thanks for the reply, e-phonic. Yes, most plugins and DAWs are, but FL Studio uses jbridge and it doesn't get along well with ny system for whatever reason. 64bit plugins' knobs load up automatically "frozen", rendering them all but useless for me. I have and use other DAWs that have no issues with 64bit plugs, but FL is my main DAW.

If you find the time, would you at least be able and willing to produce a 32bit VST3 version? Or am I misunderstanding your post? It reads as though it's possible for you to create VST3 32bit, just not the VST2. Judging by some other posts in this thread, I'm not the only e-phonic fan who would still be interested in 32bit versions of your plugs. :D

Sorry if I'm asking too much, e-phonic. I appreciate your work and I thank you for providing the music production community with high quality instruments and effects for many years. :hail:

e-phonic wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:25 am @sqigls
Thanks for testing!
I guess I need to find a way to reproduce this issue somehow. Like I said, it's running fine here on any mac / DAW combination I can get my hands on so it's nearly impossible for me to debug it.

PJ
Are you perhaps using absolute file paths for the plug-in resources? Or do you use any paths in the User Space?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:34 am
e-phonic wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:25 am @sqigls
Thanks for testing!

PJ
Are you perhaps using absolute file paths for the plug-in resources? Or do you use any paths in the User Space?
Thanks for thinking with me. But that cannot be the issue unfortunately.
The strange thing is that the plugin seems to work fine for a lot of people on exactly the same OS / DAW. So, the paths must be ok. And for me, whatever / where ever I test just works. Also on different machines.

VST3 has been a pain so far. Even compiled, unaltered examples from the SDK have issues. :cry:

If you like, here's the again example from the SDK.
Maybe someone on OSX where XPressor doesn't work could try this one to see if it works.
http://e-phonic.com/download/again.vst3.zip

PJ

Testing is my middle name...

Well that one loads into the effect slot, and doesn't crash Cubase, but the GUI refuses to open, not even a generic Cubase one... Cubase stays open and i can click stuff, but it's acting weird. Can't then remove the plugin from the slot. The plugin menu doesn't open. Strange. But at least it doesn't make the program vanish.

[edit] crashes Studio One though
and in Studio one there's 2 plugins showing... again.vst3 (i think) and again sidechain.vst3

sqigls wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:25 am Testing is my middle name...

Well that one loads into the effect slot, and doesn't crash Cubase, but the GUI refuses to open, not even a generic Cubase one... Cubase stays open and i can click stuff, but it's acting weird. Can't then remove the plugin from the slot. The plugin menu doesn't open. Strange. But at least it doesn't make the program vanish.

[edit] crashes Studio One though
and in Studio one there's 2 plugins showing... again.vst3 (i think) and again sidechain.vst3
Thanks so much for helping me!
Well, if the VST3 SDK examples crash too, I'm not sure what I can do to fix this at this point.
I'll post something on the VST SDK forum to see if these are known issues.

Does anyone other than sqigls has this crash happening too?

Thanks again,
PJ

It’s running great on OS X LIVE combo thank you
e-phonic wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:01 pm The OSX version is back up. (v1.0.3 beta)
The plugin should load the UI now on OSX where it didn't before. There still is an issue with the UI in Studio One (only retina) where the plugin shows up 2 times the actual size. This also happens with the example projects from the latest VST3 SDK. So, the issue seems to be in the SDK or Studio One.

Return to “Effects”