Waves announce V11...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simon.a.billington wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:06 pm
thejonsolo wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:27 am My non-v10, v11 plugins have disappeared. The v9 licenses show up, but I can find the products no where in Nuendo.
Did you update anything recently?? Nuendo, Waves, OS??
Waves did its usual update of Waves Central. Little did I know that it removed all of my old pre-V11 plugs (and it DID do that because everything was normal before it self-installed). I have not wupped some of the older plugins because there is nothing new in them and I have no desire to get rid of them.

I had to research online just to discover that there is something called Waves Central L. The L at the end means Legacy. So V10 and backwards seem to require it. So now I have two different versions of Waves Central on my computer so I can enjoy all of the glorious Waves experience. :P

It is a frustration, but whatever.

Waves:

I lately replaced all relevant plugins from Waves by fantastic plugins from other companies and de-signed the newsletter. I won´t use any Waves-stuff any more due to the fact that I highly despice your companys philosophy including your fake-spam-behavoir with sales-mails, DRM, licenses-management and showing famous guys act like puppets, hyping your plugins or your plugins with their name on it, as well as having ages old coded plugins with small GUIs and lousy reactions and non state-of the art emulations.

The awesome thing doing this progress for me is I discovered in comparison how thin and characterless many of your plugins actual sound...but we got used to that sound and got told 1.000 times how good they are. They arent.

The most awesome thing is I learned about several server-response-free Plugins from fantastic developers who emulate every grain of a hardware unit, including in- and output stages plus all the interactive values-behavoir, plus saturation-stages of all the included transformers and valves and whatnot. And that all with a sound that blows the Waves-stuff out of the room for once and forever.

No tears. Just glad to finally made that step.

Thank you Waves for that experience. If you weren´t so annoying and non-user-friendly who knows for how long I further would have hung on your rope and what I would have missed without knowing. Good bye :)

nichttuntun wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:24 pm Waves:

I lately replaced all relevant plugins from Waves by fantastic plugins from other companies and de-signed the newsletter. I won´t use any Waves-stuff any more due to the fact that I highly despice your companys philosophy including your fake-spam-behavoir with sales-mails, DRM, licenses-management and showing famous guys act like puppets, hyping your plugins or your plugins with their name on it, as well as having ages old coded plugins with small GUIs and lousy reactions and non state-of the art emulations.

The awesome thing doing this progress for me is I discovered in comparison how thin and characterless many of your plugins actual sound...but we got used to that sound and got told 1.000 times how good they are. They arent.

The most awesome thing is I learned about several server-response-free Plugins from fantastic developers who emulate every grain of a hardware unit, including in- and output stages plus all the interactive values-behavoir, plus saturation-stages of all the included transformers and valves and whatnot. And that all with a sound that blows the Waves-stuff out of the room for once and forever.

Thank you Waves for that experience. If you weren´t so annoying and non-user-friendly who knows for how long I further would have hung on your rope and what I would have missed without knowing. Good bye :)
Out of curiosity - can you share which companies and products you've chosen to replace products? And which plugins they replace from waves - thanks!

Its obvious, that the last two version updates of Waves have generated plenty of bad will for Waves.
Waves believes, that they can overcome people, again and again, by offering pretty good plugins in the low price, even free of charge.
I think this is a misscalculation: many of us have reached the point, where we don't have time, energy and patience to risk our DAW, with these Waves user-unfriendly installers.
My guess is, that we will see massive campaigns by the Waves, in the near future, where they push record-low-price plugins to market, to get people to install the V11, but more and more people will stay in V10.
Finally Waves may try to make the life of V10 DAWs difficult, in different ways.

Prophet Harry_HH.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

For anyone dealing with deleted pre-V11 installations, I found out if you download the legacy pack, then you can in the V11 License Central click on "Browse Offilne Installer" and guide it to the "Installations" folder of that pack, it actually accepts it as offline installation pack and it will let you choose and install V9 or V10 plugins without the need of installing the older License Central. ...makes it easier to fix the issue. But it's still not ideal. I raged out in another topic before finding this one ... but I share your frustration people.

I'm already too poor to buy alternatives this Black Friday, but I will obstain from buying new Waves stuff in the future unless they release something I can't find an alternative to. I do not support this bussiness model. I would be willing to accept paid skin upgrades, but some of the plugins haven't changed at all and they ask money for them. I don't like that.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

You've got to be f*cking kidding me
waveshell_WTF.PNG
I was actually excited about the new Berzerk plugin. But just after aggregating all current plugins into a single v11 shell, they now start fragmenting it all over again :clap:

0degree wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:30 pm

Out of curiosity - can you share which companies and products you've chosen to replace products? And which plugins they replace from waves - thanks!
Hi...difficult question. Many plugins I used long time before jumping on the Waves wagon. I´ll try but there is no warranty for completition...of course I use more but these all are complete DRM-free to use with no restrictions or installation limitation.

The Vari-MU Compressors:
Klanghelm - MJUC
Fuse Audio Labs - VCL-864U
Fuse Audio Labs - VCL-25A

The Opto Compressors:
Black Rooster - VLA-2A and 3A
Fuse Audio Labs - VCL-4

FET Compressors:
Black Rooster - VLA-FET

VCA Compressors
Black Rooster - Blueface SC5

Additional multi-function Compressors:
MeldaProductions - MTurbo-Comp (a deep monster)
U-He - Presswerk (so versatile)
BOZ - Manic Compressor
Tokyo Dawn Records
Klanghelm - DC8C

Tape:
U-He Satin (search no more with this)

Pul-Tec Stuff:
NoiseAsh - RuleTec Heritage Pro
Overtone

General tool boxes:
- Melda-Production Complete Bundle:
Replaces everything Waves ever offered in there digital tools-range and much much much more and in a deeper, more versatile way.
- FabFilter

Synth / Granular / Sound-Tools:
Tone2 - everything
U-he - everything
GForce - Oddity2 / M-TronPro
Sugar - Bytes
MSoundFactory
Glitchmachines - everything
AccSone (not 100% sure about DRM here)
Madrona Labs - everything

EQs/Pre-amps etc
NoiseAsh
BOZ
TDR
Fuse Audio Labs
ToneEmpire

Reverbs, Springs, Plates, Delays
U-He
Vallhala DSP
MeldaProduction
United Plugins

...list completely incomplete... :hihi: ...

nichttuntun wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:33 am (...)
Nice one - thanks! :)

0degree wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:37 am
nichttuntun wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:33 am (...)
Nice one - thanks! :)
You're welcome :)

I just created a support ticket out of curiosity
Dear Waves Team,

is there any chance the WUP system will be adjusted in regards of the constant 29$ sales? Because right now there is absolutely no incentive for me to renew WUP on single plugins with an MSRP above 199$. Here's some real world examples:

eMo D5: 26,91 WUP vs. currently on sale for 29,99
NLS: 26,91 WUP vs. currently on sale for 29,99
WLM Plus: 35,91 WUP vs. currently on sale for 39,99
H-Reverb: 31,43 WUP vs. currently on sale for 29,99
PuigTec EQs: 26,91 WUP vs. currently on sale for 29,99
WNS: 44,91 WUP vs. currently on sale for 34,99

I absolutely don't mind paying for an optional support plan, you folks have to pay bills, too.
But when I'm constantly offered nearly every single plugin for 29$ or below, I simply don't get why I should pay up to 45$ for a renewal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The WUP vouchers are a nice idea, but because of all the restrictions there aren't many real world scenarios left, where they provide much value for a hobbyist like me.
Here's a crazy idea that would probably make lots of hobbyists & aspiring producers happy:
make WUP vouchers also count towards up to 50% off WUP renewals and people still get a voucher for the remaining balance. Bam. Problem solved, everybody happy and the amount of "Waves is the devil!!!!"-posts at kvraudio would probably drop by 60%.

Best regards,
Also, here are my picks for some Waves alternatives I'm using for voiceovers/podcasts

Dynamic EQ: McDSP AE400
Transparent compression: TDR Kotelnikov GE
True Peak Limiter: iZotope Ozone Elements
Loudness Meter: Signum Audio Bute Loudness Analyzer
Noise Reduction: iZotope RX Dialogue DeNoise (RX 4+ standard/RX plugin pack/RX 6+ elements)
Analog Style EQ: Harrison AVA LegacyQ

Did not think it will happen this year but could not resist the current Waves offer to upgrade my Gold and RenMaxx bundles to Gold+RenMaxx for 21$. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Fired up Central, let it update and then used the uninstall option to remove all V9 plugins. Then activated and installed the new Gold+RenMaxx bundle and the Waves Wetter freebie I had forgot I picked up recently. Then used the offline installer to reinstall plugins I still have on V9. Did a new plugin scan in FL Studio and Cakewalk everything showed up as it was before. Even have couple of new plugins now, of which Vitamin is the only one I actually care about. Everything went smooth and now about 2/3 of my most used Waves plugins are on V11.

So I really do not understand what's the fuzz is about with Waves installation. Never had a problem activating and installing Waves plugins. Maybe it's kind of IQ test? Which I have yet to fail, just saying. :shrug:

New GUI on RenMaxx plugins is a great improvement. Also the frequency analyzer in RenEQ and RenChannel is very nice quality of life update, as is the revamped interface of RenChannel. All those plugins are still very usable, and now even more so.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:56 pm So I really do not understand what's the fuzz is about with Waves installation. Never had a problem activating and installing Waves plugins. Maybe it's kind of IQ test? Which I have yet to fail, just saying. :shrug:
Probably not an IQ thing, just a reading comprehension problem. Try making yourself a cup of coffee then read the dozens of pages on this forum in which users detail the many ways in which the Waves Central and Waves' approach to business have failed them. Just because something worked for you once doesn't mean it works for everyone all the time.

I think you can figure this out. I have faith in you.

Wasn’t it Lincoln who said:

”Waves plugins can be installed succesfully by some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but these damn plugins and the bloody Waves Central can’t get working by all the people all of the time.”

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:47 pm Wasn’t it Lincoln who said:

”Waves plugins can be installed succesfully by some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but these damn plugins and the bloody Waves Central can’t get working by all the people all of the time.”
:hihi:
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”