Waves announce V11...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the only thing i want from waves is the ability to have 2 authorizations so i don't have to move licenses around between the desktop/laptop. it's annoying and there's no need for it. it's a cumbersome thing that interrupts workflow and wastes time. i find i use their plug ins less often because of this.

dayjob wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 pm the only thing i want from waves is the ability to have 2 authorizations so i don't have to move licenses around between the desktop/laptop. it's annoying and there's no need for it.
The only two things I wanted from waves were 2 authorizations and scalable GUI on the RenMax plugins.

I'm not a Waves hater. In fact, they have many plugins I love and consider go-to's but I really don't feel they give two SH%Ts about the customer.

Patapoo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:24 pm
dayjob wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 pm the only thing i want from waves is the ability to have 2 authorizations so i don't have to move licenses around between the desktop/laptop. it's annoying and there's no need for it.
The only two things I wanted from waves were 2 authorizations and scalable GUI on the RenMax plugins.

I'm not a Waves hater. In fact, they have many plugins I love and consider go-to's but I really don't feel they give two SH%Ts about the customer.
scalable UI would be nice too.

Bring back iLok.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I use a USB thumb drive to authorize waves.
I put the thumb drive in a small powered USB hub along with a iLock and eLicense dongle for other software I use. I can move the hub from PC to PC to use software on other computers.

raintalk wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:06 am I use a USB thumb drive to authorize waves.
I put the thumb drive in a small powered USB hub along with a iLock and eLicense dongle for other software I use. I can move the hub from PC to PC to use software on other computers.
traveling w/all that is annoying and working in different places on a laptop w/all that is just silly. have you ever left a USB stick somewhere? hotel room, parents house when visiting for the holidays? ever tried setting up on a train or plane for long trip w/a bunch of crap hanging off the end/side of your laptop? if anything it just deters me from using their plug ins or only using them on the desktop.

at this point there's no good reason to not give people 2 authorizations. it would in no way affect people who want to auth to USB stick and move between computers that way. it only adds benefit to people who have 2 systems and switch often between them.

edit: harrumph. :ud:

Same for me, RE: 2 authorizations
I just accepted it's not going on my laptop. I use the laptop for tracking (occasionally), so took some time to figure out a workflow with the plugins available and just accepted to not have my Waves plugins there.

On the plus side, the situation reacquainted me with the Fat Channel XT in S1. I would not prefer it to have to rely on that GUI for all needs (the visual eq screen is pretty small), but it's a killer solution to have built into the DAW. Low-ish CPU, 0 latency, 3 comp options (4 now since the freebie). So I just use that for tracking vocals, plus a cheap reverb (it's not like it's even possible to use H-verb for tracking at low samples).

NO. MORE. WUP.

BERFAB wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:50 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:26 am Same here, I upgraded the plugins which were still under WUP to V11 via the website, and left the expired ones at V10. I installed the latest Waves Central and within a minuter or two, it had automatically removed the V10 versions of the updated plugins and installed the V11 versions, while leaving the remaining V10 plugins completely intact and functional.
My experience was a bit different. I acquired the Metafilter freebie awhile ago, but never installed/registered it. Figured this would be a good time to do it, so I installed Waves Central, and off I go. Piece of cake.

Except...all my other plugs [30 or so including a few signature bundles] are V. 9. Waves Central deleted them all with the Metafilter installation. So...re-downloaded V.9 and then used the Waves Central offline protocol to re-install my plugs from the V. 9 list. A PITA to be sure, but everything went smoothly. All my plugs are now back in my DAW, and I don't see a need to update/upgrade. Yet.
Yeah, using V9 with either V10 or V11 still requires the offline installers for V9 plugins. The only V9 plugin I have is OneKnob Louder so not bothering with that...

At least they didn't remove V10 support from the new Waves Central, which was a nice change from the V9 to V10 transition.

I uninstalled my Waves plugins this weekend. All 125+ of them

Found better quality substitutes from developers I like a lot, and am now free of Waves-related DAW crashes + WUP hassles, not to mention their constant stream of new/updated/'improved' reasons to spend money :borg:

Onward and upward :phones: :party:

The only way is up for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOMvs_1UFCk
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Had everything running great on Windows 7 these last few years with Waves...... now Waves 11 right after putting out 10... but now no support for Windows 7 with version 11???????? What gives man????? Not cool!!!!!!! :(

And I have a lot of their plugins.... but I think it's over now Waves. Gonna stick with what I have and will start looking to other software developers who actually give a rat's bum. I recommend people buy from other companies. Waves clearly shows they don't care about their customers.
It's a nice day for a melody.

The positive experiences with the installer gave me strength to try it today. I have to report it was the weirdest thing: everything worked like it says on the tin.

Nothing broke. Just a few clicks, and my V10 and upgraded V11 plugins were in Waves Central ready for an easy install. Then checked with my DAWs and opened an existing session. Even tried to smell for smoke, but nothing out of place.

I hope it stays this way. Waves Central was a huge pain point for me, glad to see they've put in the effort to improve it. Here's hoping we won't have to see v12 anytime soon.

BTW, just bought Scheps Particles with a $20 coupon they sent me. Just can't help myself. I need someone to come change my computer's password ;)

It’s “chicago”, jo ;)

liquid light wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:18 am Had everything running great on Windows 7 these last few years with Waves...... now Waves 11 right after putting out 10... but now no support for Windows 7 with version 11???????? What gives man????? Not cool!!!!!!! :(
Windows 7 will be generally out of support beginning next year. So it's kind of makes sense. Many other developers have dropped support for Windows 7 for quite some time ago.
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”