Waves announce V11...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.waves.com/introducing-waves-v11

Doesnt seem that long ago V10 came out and nothing changed with that, now V11, forcing more WUP purchases to upgrade, but I ask why ? What will change.

I love my Waves plugins but I do not like this business model, of this WUP and version updates for nothing. I question Waves reasons for this tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Damn!.
Just damn.
I didn't upgrade to V10 cause for me it offered nothing and quite frankly left me very disappointed in waves. This move even more so.
rsp
sound sculptist

Link tells exactly what benefits. They had quite a lot of work. Including macOS Catalina support.

But no one forces you (like always) to WUP in most personal scenarios.

I don't see a reason why i should not go on using the V10 (and V9) plugins here.

In my opinion, these waves are getting worse and worse. Can update be defined as adding a new skin to existing plugins? correct bugs that should be already repaired? .Sincerely I am very disappointed. Waves was a leading company at the time, plugins like l1 or l2 and its compressor and eq were a top quality exponent, in fact I loved this company.But as I say I am very disappointed, I still expect things that other developers have more than implemented, such as oversampling and reduction of aliasing in many of their plugs. Lately they only offer us "refrites" (2 or more old plugins together with a new skin) of their algorithms a few years ago, (which does not mean that they are bad algorithms). But I think in the year we are in and what has been advanced in DSP is time to offer more interesting material.

Wasn't it about 6 years between 9 & 10, and now just over a year between 10 & 11. Seems like a money grab, worse than iZotope. Could have at least updated the GUIs across all products for v11.

Im very happy to see Renaissance plugins have been updated

So far all I see is the renaissance plugins reskinned. They need to reskin ALL Their older ones.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:20 pm Im very happy to see Renaissance plugins have been updated
Updated? :o Or "reskinned"? :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

LeVzi wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:22 pm So far all I see is the renaissance plugins reskinned. They need to reskin ALL Their older ones.
Well, if it's to have everything looking like the Renaissance, they better NOT :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:24 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:20 pm Im very happy to see Renaissance plugins have been updated
Since when adding a new skin is not an update?

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:26 pm
fmr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:24 pm
Since when adding a new skin is not an update?
:lol:

After looking at the new skins, I'd say it's a "downdate"... :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

As long as v9 and v10 plugins still work there’s no reason to update.

I have to be honest the new skins arent the greatest by any means.

db3 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:19 pm Wasn't it about 6 years between 9 & 10, and now just over a year between 10 & 11. Seems like a money grab, worse than iZotope. Could have at least updated the GUIs across all products for v11.

This is how I feel.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”