McDSP 6050 on sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah there are a few things in modern plugins hat I've grown used to that I would like to have. Most notably some basic side-chain tweaking, a mix knob and also very importantly a stereo-(un)link feature for the compressors on a bus. No mid-side tools either. So as a "channel strip" something futuristic like the Scheps Omni blows it out of the water in terms of being able to handle all sorts of advanced scenarios.

But for 80% of the straight-forward track work this thing is spot on. Being able to switch between 10 different compressors, I cannot overstate how effective this is. At a track level there's nothing you can't compress with 6050.

And the 3 saturators/drive alone are worth the ticket price here.

But the main reason this is my go-to is the super low CPU. I feel like I couldn't mix drums without it. For instance I can't use CLA Mixhub on my drums, because 5-6 instances and my PC is on it's knees. So my drum chain is like ten 6050s using nearly no CPU total. I don't know what I would do without the 6050, I don't even want to think about it. Maybe use a stock gate and compressor, like a peasant :lol:

The 6050 is great. I have it and although I've tried the 6060, it's not much difference.

The eq's are great, the comps are nice and the convenience is nice as well. If you don't have an equivalent, then I suggest it.

Raddler1 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:40 pm
escalona wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:05 am 6050 is a wonderful tool. I also have the 6060 and it feels overkill almost. And in all honesty, for me personally anything McDsp just sounds so good... my go-to HPF/LPF is still the F202 and it's one of the oldest plugins I can remember... (was it even before the year 2000?)
The fact that you can load the 6060 with every imaginable combination of compressor, EQ, tape, saturation and more... split the signal and still hit less than 1% cpu is amazing to me (and of course, at an amazing quality the sound). :tu:
Would you compare the quality to some big name? UAD, PA ??
I used to have some UAD plugins (came with my interface) and liked them quite a bit, but went away from them for different reasons (different gear mostly). I don't consider PA a big name at all. I like some of their plugins, I think they are rather usable, but for the most part, they are not really that attractive to me.
McDSP tools are of great quality, awesome coding, great sounding and super efficient, pragmatic plugins. I really don't have any complains at all about them (and I own most of them, there's only a few I don't have). Now, having said that, I don't use them exclusively at all, I always combine different developers depending on what I'm looking for.
In general, for me personally, McDsp is up there with DMG, Toneboosters, Acustica, Slate...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

sacer wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:47 am what are upgrade prices to 6060 ?
I emailed them about this way back when I demoed this and they said upgrading between them isnt possible. I thought that was a little un-modern approach so even though I want to like McDSP I'll stay out and use other tools.

$42 for 6050? Yes! Yes!Yes! :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

also have done the demo, no presets, no sidechain.
the v6 seems to be like the v10 from waves, so that you have to update your plugin on a different way.
So 6050 v6 to V7 with no significant changes instead of 6050 to 6060

I'am out

sacer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:14 am no presets
There's actually a ton of presets :roll:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:51 pm
sacer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:14 am no presets
There's actually a ton of presets :roll:
There are a lot of presets for the 6050 but some reason on my install there seem to be far less for the 6060. Did I do something wrong??

from their FAQ

Since we only recently released VST2 presets, they are not currently included in the plugins. Please download them here:

http://downloads.mcdsp.com/v6/VST_prese ... resets.zip
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

If the sidechain on your 6050 is not working, make sure you install the latest version of the plugin:
https://www.mcdsp.com/downloads/plugin-downloads/

When was the last update ?

Digivolt wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:35 pm When was the last update ?
I spoke about this year's updates here:
viewtopic.php?t=527017

Since I couldn't find any documentation, best I can figure is that the final update that solved the sidechain for Windows happened at some point after mid-June this year. I discovered it last month.

Ah I'll give it a demo then, was planning on getting trackcomp at some point but I guess getting this is the better deal ?

How do you judge McDSP compared with Plugin Alliance stuff?

Both are fine. You'll get the job done with either. I got mine for 50 bucks so I pounced on it. TBH, I use Slate more than I do this.

Return to “Effects”