Coming Soon: Izotope Ozone 9

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 11 Advanced

Here's 8 on top, 9 on the bottom. The offending mono button is bottom right hand side of 8.

http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

It's the next line down on my GUI:

EDIT: Ooooh, sorry - you mean the individual module rather than the Ozone 'package'. Gotcha, I've never actually used Ozone that way - Always just Ozone as a complete 'unit'
Last edited by mcbpete on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mcbpete wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:44 pm Just ran Ozone 9 Adv in standalone mode and booted up a copy of Reaper running an instance of Insight 2 (tried both VST2 & VST3 versions) and all is still resizable here.
Thanks for checking, but don't run Insight 2 in Reaper - run it in Ozone 9 Advanced standalone as a plugin module.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Yep, that's a definite bug there. Not just with Insight 2 either - Just tried AudioDamage Grind (also has a manually scaling GUI) and the scaling goes really really badly and if you resize the GUI below 100% then the resize tool completely vanishes

mcbpete wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm Yep, that's a definite bug there. Not just with Insight 2 either - Just tried AudioDamage Grind (also has a manually scaling GUI) and the scaling goes really really badly and if you resize the GUI below 100% then the resize tool completely vanishes
Well crap - this sucks. Thanks for confirming though!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

adl wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:41 am So I upgraded to Ozone 8 Advanced from a very old Ozone Elements during those sales/promo in august and further upgraded to Music Production Suite 2.1 (again during the sale). I reached out to the support and it turns out, that I am eligible for MPS 3 for free, as I registered MPS 2.1 within the last 2 month. So, if you did buy and register your Ozone or anything else during this promo / sale in august make sure to hit up the support! Got a serial for MPS 3 within 2 days and iLok serials for Nimbus and R4 after asking for those two specific within hours.
Anybody know what iZotope's response time is right now? They have a message saying they're experiencing high volumes.

I sure hope this is true for everyone that upgraded to 2.1 in the last two months! I submitted my request yesterday morning but have not heard back yet.
Blue Phase Music

Blue Phase Music wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:32 pm
adl wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:41 am So I upgraded to Ozone 8 Advanced from a very old Ozone Elements during those sales/promo in august and further upgraded to Music Production Suite 2.1 (again during the sale). I reached out to the support and it turns out, that I am eligible for MPS 3 for free, as I registered MPS 2.1 within the last 2 month. So, if you did buy and register your Ozone or anything else during this promo / sale in august make sure to hit up the support! Got a serial for MPS 3 within 2 days and iLok serials for Nimbus and R4 after asking for those two specific within hours.
Anybody know what iZotope's response time is right now? They have a message saying they're experiencing high volumes.

I sure hope this is true for everyone that upgraded to 2.1 in the last two months! I submitted my request yesterday morning but have not heard back yet.
I am in the same boat, but just received a reply that I can upgrade to MPS3 for USD 199... So would love an explanation.
Last edited by AuralBee on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Phase Music wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:32 pm Anybody know what iZotope's response time is right now? They have a message saying they're experiencing high volumes.
Quite good I would say:
had a problem with
missing MPS 3 in my account after buying it at JRR and activating and
missing the Groove3 code in my account.
Solved within a working day.
:tu: :clap:

i guess time to upgrade yo

I received a response from Izotope support in about 48 hours of sending them email. They said their grace period is actually 30 days, anyone who purchased O8 or MPS 2.1 within that time is eligible for a free upgrade to the current version if you contact support. So I just got my upgrade. But even if you're a little shy of the grace period it's worth hitting them with an email to see what they say.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I contacted Izotope twice in the last 2 months. Both times service was excellent and replied within 2 business days.

Same here. Swift response within a day.
As for the O9A GUI, I’m not sure I’d prefer it to its predecessor, as I kind of liked the way detailed information was given at the bottom of my O8A screen.

Correction: there’s a toggle switch in the left upper corner to get that information back down there.
Last edited by Fleer on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I also asked for Grace Period. I bought Music Production Suite on 12th August and got from Izotope the answer that i don't qualify. But wasn't it at first 2 months ? A read from some other users on gearslutz that they registered music production suite 2.1 on 24th august and received V3 update for free.
Have they changed to one month, is there a official statement ???

Someday they'll make a UI worth using again.

sacer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:08 am I also asked for Grace Period. I bought Music Production Suite on 12th August and got from Izotope the answer that i don't qualify. But wasn't it at first 2 months ? A read from some other users on gearslutz that they registered music production suite 2.1 on 24th august and received V3 update for free.
Have they changed to one month, is there a official statement ???
I'll need to check again, but I'm pretty sure I saw someone that purchased on the 9th of August and got the free upgrade.

Like you, I purchased on the 12th, so I'm pretty sure they'll deny me. :scared:
Blue Phase Music

Return to “Effects”