Coming Soon: Izotope Ozone 9

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 11 Advanced

Not had enough time to use Ozone 8 but Ozone 9 is coming soon! With new tools to rebalance to your music with never-before seen processing for low end, real-time instrument separation, and lightning-fast workflows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr6qqFcg6hU

Edit: It's out now

Master Rebalance

Master Rebalance gives you the final say in a mix, letting you correct and change the levels of instruments without the need for the original tracks. Give your vocals a boost to add presence without affecting the midrange, eliminate muddy low end by slightly lowering the bass guitar, or correct weak-sounding drums with one small boost that can save you from hours of tedious EQ surgery.

You can even automate the desired source gain in your DAW of choice, this means amplifying vocals only during your hook, or making sure the bass really drops when it’s time to drop.

Low End Focus

Low End Focus is your first line of defense against a muddy or blurry low end in a mix. This industry-first bass-shaping tool is designed to enhance bass sounds, and bring clarity to your low end without incurring artifacts.

With one move on the Punchy setting, we can immediately boost the transient power of a drum kit. Or, with the Smooth setting engaged, you can easily bring a hidden bass guitar into view, adding warmth and definition to the low end.

Go in-depth with surgical controls that let you shape your tone and timbre, and bring out the best in your low end. It’s the fastest way to a punchy, hard-hitting final master.

Find the perfect vibe with an expanded Master Assistant

Whether you want warm analog character or transparent loudness for streaming, the improved Master Assistant uses machine learning to generate a custom preset in seconds. Use the new Vintage mode to quickly add the right combination of color and character, with automatic adjustments for Vintage Compressor, EQ, and more.

Master Assistant also has an updated interface, with new adjustable intensity settings for streaming and CD. Or, have Master Assistant automatically fit your track to your favorite reference track with Reference Mode.

Increased Tonal Balance Control functionality

We’ve added even more functionality to Tonal Balance Control which puts decades of mastering expertise in your hands, letting you adjust your tracks to reference targets based on thousands of professional masters. We’ve updated Tonal Balance Control with new genre-specific reference targets. Don’t forget, you can always bring your own references into the plug-in too.

We’ve also added resizability, faster performance, smoother metering, and more ways to communicate with other iZotope plug-ins across your session. Now you can call up any instance of Neutron, Nectar, or Relay to make per-track adjustments to EQ and gain, letting you instantly address balance issues in a mix without opening multiple plug-ins.

Upgraded Match EQ module

Ozone 9 brings the tone and vibe of your favorite artists to your music with the upgraded Match EQ module. No longer confined to Ozone’s Equalizer, you can now use Match EQ anywhere in your session. Match to any reference track with incredible accuracy, with an EQ that applies over 8,000 separate bands to get the most precise snapshot possible. New region parameters give you more control over the end result by letting you choose what parts of the audio to match. Capture a reference from a track in your session, or a reference file loaded into Ozone 9, and save your favorite results as presets for easy access.

Improved Ozone Imager

Turn narrow, dull audio into a full, impactful panoramic track with the improved Imager in Ozone 9. With the new “Stereoize II” mode, you’re able to add a more natural, transparent width to shape your soundstage. Sculpt your image and get control of super-wide bass, harsh cymbals, and more. For surgically sculpting your image, or if you just want to blow it up, Imager is a go-to for any mastering session.

NKS Support

In Ozone 9, we’re proud to announce NKS support—putting the power of Ozone into your creative process and letting you master while making music with Maschine or Komplete Kontrol. Open Ozone on the fly and easily add professional polish while making music on your hardware, using hundreds of different presets and accessible parameters mapped to your hardware controls. Add loudness, width, and EQ without touching your DAW, and keep the creative juices flowing.

Improved performance and UI

Expect lower CPU usage and shorter startup times with Ozone 9 compared to Ozone 8. With fluid metering in a fully resizable environment, you can track the most subtle details of your audio. Use more plug-ins at once, mix while you master without worrying about slowdowns or dropouts, and immerse yourself in a smooth, modern experience designed to keep you in your creative flow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIE1sB9D7dE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yVesdLOXOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdbzKpR_Uzk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0cvnuqTmmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhAPM2XQWGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG-jaS0i30E
Last edited by v1o on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

<<never mind>>
Last edited by DarkStar on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I made the jump from Ozone 5 to 8, so in no real hurry to upgrade. 8 is a great, well-rounded product.

This just in, Izotope have also announced Ozone 10 and 11, so.... Wait a sec... And now there's 12!
Wow, amazing time to be alive!

Wouldn’t be so bad if the upgrade path to 9 was.

A: Much cheaper.

B: The same regardless of the version number you currently own.

The cost of good plugins and plugin upgrades doesn’t come cheap, with upgrades at £150 are you seriously going to keep upgrading yearly, good I don’t keep upgrading my hardware with the same equation, Anyway, perhaps there going to change the upgrade path this time, as frankly I thought they had learned the lesson, they have gone from ‘Never having sales’ in the early years, to ‘Sales about 3 times a year’ which isn’t surprising really. 😳🤑

v1o wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:41 pm never-before seen processing for low end, real-time instrument separation, and lightning-fast workflows.
I'm allergic to marketing speak ("never before seen!") but I do think Ozone could benefit from a tab for low-end management. I don't know what "lighting-fast workflows" is, I don't know how much faster it's going to get since it's already at click a button + take a sip of water.

Real-time instrument separation, isn't that just Neutron? So maybe a new per-track plugin to neutron-up the track but linked to Ozone? There's so much overlap in these products, I would really like a comprehensive presentation to understand why every tool has a slightly different eq and comp. But it does make sense for a mastering tool to have a per-track instance so it can make cleaner adjustments. I'm just looking forward to hearing the marketing speak to explain how Ozone Track Majestificator is not just slim Neutron with a few randomly different controls.

They really know how to milk their cow don't they.

I guess it depends on what the upgrade price will be. I resisted upgrading to Neutron 3 but finally did and I thought it was worth it... I wish it hadn't been, because then I wouldn't be tempted by further Izotope upgrades!

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:59 pm They really know how to milk their cow don't they.
All the milking is going to be AI-based in the next version!

Also, upgrade frequency will be sidechained to version-skipping :D
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Ozone 4 is still plenty good enough for me, thanks. lol
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

I can't wait to try it!
Winner of 15th HOFA Xmas Mix Contest - 2024
2nd place winner of Boz Digital Labs Intl. Mix Contest - 2016

Will it be a game changer?

I just upgraded to Ozone 8 a few weeks ago. There better be a good upgrade path for me or I'll be pissed. To add to that I accidently upgraded to Standard instead of Advanced and the shop I bought it from wouldn't fix up my purchase despite the fact I hadn't even registered or downloaded it yet, so I'll be doubly pissed.

Shangsean wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:47 pm I just upgraded to Ozone 8 a few weeks ago. There better be a good upgrade path for me or I'll be pissed. To add to that I accidently upgraded to Standard instead of Advanced and the shop I bought it from wouldn't fix up my purchase despite the fact I hadn't even registered or downloaded it yet, so I'll be doubly pissed.
Write to Izotope; they may help you upgrade to advanced. can't hurt to ask.... :P

Ozone 9 will have a scalable GUI.

Return to “Effects”