So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:48 amthe thing about Amplitube that really turns me off is the way that you go through the browser, and all models you don't own are there... but locked. It's just cluttered and ugly... just don't have them there until I buy it. It just seems like an underhanded way to deliberately make Amplitube seem incomplete, and we're constantly being pushing to buy more. :evil:
Whooops... gone waaaaay off track. :oops:
Yeah, I would never buy Amplitube or any of IK's products because of this approach - prefer to have what I have bought and organise it my way not have a shopfront in my face every time I use a plugin.

Exactly my thoughts :tu:

While I don’t use any plugin for my guitar amp needs (I’m full Kemper), I do sill go to Guitar Rig as a general multi effects processor. I feel it works better on synths than on guitars.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:01 pm
an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:48 amthe thing about Amplitube that really turns me off is the way that you go through the browser, and all models you don't own are there... but locked. It's just cluttered and ugly... just don't have them there until I buy it. It just seems like an underhanded way to deliberately make Amplitube seem incomplete, and we're constantly being pushing to buy more. :evil:
Whooops... gone waaaaay off track. :oops:
Yeah, I would never buy Amplitube or any of IK's products because of this approach - prefer to have what I have bought and organise it my way not have a shopfront in my face every time I use a plugin.
I definitely agree with this and I've told them as much over support. It should not be installing presets and models that you don't own. Such a cheap and annoying way to show you what you don't have. And the fact that presets are there in the browser that you don't always know you can't open until you try, that is just B.S.

I think you are over-reacting. It's not a huge thing and the sound is better imho. If we ditched stuff for what is termed "shady marketing" you'd have to give up electric, wifi, 95% of the software you use and most (if not all) appliances and computers.

It's just a software company. I'm not going to get on my high horse and say this is anything but a shill but GR is certainly dead as far as development and there are plenty of good options.

As far as them switching to AT? I cry bullocks. But GR is dead development wise. Use what works for you, NI isn't exactly benign in it's marketing sometimes.

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:23 am I think you are over-reacting. It's not a huge thing and the sound is better imho. If we ditched stuff for what is termed "shady marketing" you'd have to give up electric, wifi, 95% of the software you use and most (if not all) appliances and computers.

It's just a software company. I'm not going to get on my high horse and say this is anything but a shill but GR is certainly dead as far as development and there are plenty of good options.

As far as them switching to AT? I cry bullocks. But GR is dead development wise. Use what works for you, NI isn't exactly benign in it's marketing sometimes.
I can't tell who you are replying to but if directed at the discussion above about the locked presets, it isn't just that it's marketing, it's functionally annoying. I can't think of one other product that includes presets in it's browser that you can't use because you don't own. It simply makes preset browsing a worse experience. Otherwise I like Amplitube (I have Max).

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:46 am
reggie1979 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:23 am I think you are over-reacting. It's not a huge thing and the sound is better imho. If we ditched stuff for what is termed "shady marketing" you'd have to give up electric, wifi, 95% of the software you use and most (if not all) appliances and computers.

I can't tell who you are replying to but if directed at the discussion above about the locked presets, it isn't just that it's marketing, it's functionally annoying. I can't think of one other product that includes presets in it's browser that you can't use because you don't own. It simply makes preset browsing a worse experience. Otherwise I like Amplitube (I have Max).
Totally confused. Sorry.

Well if you dont own something don't click on it silly.

acousticglue wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:11 am Well if you dont own something don't click on it silly.
?????????????

I have owned and used both. What do you mean? Are you referring to the OP?????

You know what the opposite definition of "fanboi" is? It's "haters gonna hate" and that is what I see here.

No f........ing way did Peter or anyone else from IK shine this on. It's some dope who wanted to get a rise (and did) with people calling each other out over NOTHING.

USE WHAT YOU WANT, THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG ANSWER :x

IK back to their old games haha, always funny to watch.
Duh

bungle wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:32 am IK back to their old games haha, always funny to watch.
How so? I'm not some shill that cares about them personally. I use the product like many others, what are you on about?

I think he meant the OP.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Besides all those presets you don't own, browsing in general is a total disaster in AT4. How many times have you tried to open a preset from a sub folder of a sub folder of a sub folder of a sub folder just to accidentally move the cursor 2 pixels outside of that pile of sub folders and seeing them all collapse setting you back to square one? :x

I haven't had that problem.

I don't like where the "miscellaneous" presets are mostly outside the core package. I don't mind the menus for presets dedicated to custom shop/collection items (although I don't like that some of those require gear from additional packages.)

I ended up creating a folder to quarantine the presets that used components I didn't have. That way I don't have to click on presets that I can't use.

Return to “Effects”