So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aliens wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:05 am Like Vurt's new bong, above, I don't think people will buy that.
im thinking of marketing them at festivals, two markets in one :)
freshness for the ladies and a fine implement for consumers of the beautiful weed :)
(stoner ladies are basically saving money and packing space)

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:08 pm
Aliens wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:05 am Like Vurt's new bong, above, I don't think people will buy that.
im thinking of marketing them at festivals, two markets in one :)
freshness for the ladies and a fine implement for consumers of the beautiful weed :)
(stoner ladies are basically saving money and packing space)
I'd just go for bong angle, if I were you. It's one thing to contribute to all the issues inherent in smoking marijuana, but bacterial vaginosis is something you wanna steer well clear of :shrug:

https://www.forhers.com/blog/things-to- ... a-douching

who wants to be a bubble boy? :shrug:

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:21 pm who wants to be a bubble boy? :shrug:
Not sure what that means :scared:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:24 pm

Forgotten wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:39 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:24 pm
Is showing me a picture of Eddie The Eagle Edwards supposed to help? :shrug:

:lol:

I had forgotten about him! That's got to be 30 years ago now!

yes. he did a sponsored ski jump to raise money for bubble boy.
unfortunately as bubble boy attended the event, he died the next day of a common cold :o

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:47 pm yes. he did a sponsored ski jump to raise money for bubble boy.
unfortunately as bubble boy attended the event, he died the next day of a common cold :o
You seem to be making the case for "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". And, sure, there is definitely a case to be made for mild hormetic stress in fortifying our immune response, but that's a world away from what I was alluding to.

Anyway, lets stop there, shall we? :tu:

Forgotten wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:45 pm :lol:

I had forgotten about him! That's got to be 30 years ago now!
Never forget Eddie 'The Eagle' :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:58 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:47 pm yes. he did a sponsored ski jump to raise money for bubble boy.
You seem to be making the case for "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". And, sure, there is definitely a case to be made for mild hormetic stress in fortifying our immune response, but that's a world away from what I was alluding to.

Anyway, lets stop there, shall we? :tu:
yep, not like im actually going in to business selling douche bongs anyway.
im not made for the rat race.

although if i see douche bongs on dragons den, then suddenly cartman is all blinged up, ill know there's been shenanigans!

It depends on which one of you gets to the Patent Office first...

i can see "douche bongs" in mcliliths book 8)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:26 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:26 amIf they were to do a new Guitar Rig X, it would be done most likely by another company, like softube doing their reverbs. That's my guess.
No, not really. I don't see that happening. They have their own DSP wizards in the NI FX team, and they came up with some pretty awesome distortions in the Crush Pack...

Don't forget if they bring in a 3rd party like that they'd need to license their work, which would likely be a % of revenue. I don't think NI is interested in doing that, considering they're in expense-cutting mode.
Oh yeah fair point. I forgot about those effects they've been doing lately in house. Seems they had a phase for a while there of contracting things out. I suppose they still do that for Kontakt libraries for the most part. Hopefully they retained some good dsp developers in the recent firing spree.

Return to “Effects”