AmpliTube Brian May for Mac/PC, iPhone, iPad Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:29 pmMy issue is that I wasn't familiar with the Vox AC30BM. I didn't realize that there was only a volume control on that amp. I was expecting to see the usual Treble/Bass/Cut/Normal/Brilliant AC30 controls.
Nope, that's not how Brian rolls. He removed most of electronics from AC30 not to get in the way. His tone is very much the Burns single coils that are wired in series, into that treble booster, into AC30 farting out at full tilt! Volume control directly on the guitar. :)

Demoing so far so good the harmonizer sounds really cool.
Maybe not quite as thick as Brian's tone.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:01 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:06 pm Certainly a great deal of Brian's sound came from his unique guitar.
That's why we have the Red Special stomp to emulate it (and it does much more than change the gain).
Yep I'm sure a stomp pedal can emulate a guitar. Where's that Stratocaster Pedal or Les Paul pedal ?

I want my Steinberger to sound just like a Les Paul. I'll be awaiting that pedal with great anticipation (sarcasm). :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

TBH, I can't get the thing to make any sound other than the mentioned gain loss. :shrug:

I got the treble booster. I've done my bidding :hihi:

Teksonik wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:04 pmYep I'm sure a stomp pedal can emulate a guitar. Where's that Stratocaster Pedal or Les Paul pedal ?
reggie1979 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:41 pm TBH, I can't get the thing to make any sound other than the mentioned gain loss. :shrug:
I played with the Red Special pedal quite a lot trying to get a handle on what it was doing. I don't think it's trying to emulate the guitar as such, but rather the pickups and their configuration. I could be way of base here but I suspect that each pickup has an eq curve and possibly some mild compression that is different for each one, so bridge = trebley and dynamic, neck = thicker and a bit slower to react, that sort of thing. And then of course, you can flip each pickup out of phase to get those classic BM sounds.

No way would I say I can't hear any difference other than gain loss - playing with the pickups and the phase switches definitely made a lot of difference. I was playing through my Epiphone Les Paul which of course is not a Red Special, but most of the presets I pulled up, once I played around a little bit, were damn close to the originals. That Red Special pedal was important in getting the sound closer to the original.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:00 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:04 pmYep I'm sure a stomp pedal can emulate a guitar. Where's that Stratocaster Pedal or Les Paul pedal ?
reggie1979 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:41 pm TBH, I can't get the thing to make any sound other than the mentioned gain loss. :shrug:
I played with the Red Special pedal quite a lot trying to get a handle on what it was doing. I don't think it's trying to emulate the guitar as such, but rather the pickups and their configuration. I could be way of base here but I suspect that each pickup has an eq curve and possibly some mild compression that is different for each one, so bridge = trebley and dynamic, neck = thicker and a bit slower to react, that sort of thing. And then of course, you can flip each pickup out of phase to get those classic BM sounds.

No way would I say I can't hear any difference other than gain loss - playing with the pickups and the phase switches definitely made a lot of difference. I was playing through my Epiphone Les Paul which of course is not a Red Special, but most of the presets I pulled up, once I played around a little bit, were damn close to the originals. That Red Special pedal was important in getting the sound closer to the original.
Right. Just as it says on the tin - emulates the tone and control, so the pickup selection/phase settings/etc (and interaction of all of the elements of this setup). If you set the switch / pickup settings according to guides you can find directly from Brian May Guitars and set your source properly (humbucker or single coil) it will get you much closer to the tone than just some gain loss. Or use the presets made by Jamie Humphries who knows Brian's sound and settings like the back of his hand. He gets the right tone out of his Music Man using the Red Special pedal.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamie also did a video about the iOS version for those interested:

https://youtu.be/BtChvQ636rY

Oh well, my ears are shot then.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:08 pmset your source properly (humbucker or single coil)
Bizarrely, even though I'm playing a Les Paul style guitar with humbuckers, I actually preferred the sound setting the RS pedal to single coil!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I died and went to heaven.

Hpw much do you guys think Brian got paid for IK to use his name for this product?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

$43.78

Did I win?

And you can now get the matching watch to fully complete your YouTube Queen "Hammer to Fall" cover performance. Only 550 Euros.

http://www.watchwallpapers.com/bme.htm

Makes the IKM plugin a steal. Peter, I think your should ask management to piggy back on the Seiko marketing campaign.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:41 pm And you can now get the matching watch to fully complete your YouTube Queen "Hammer to Fall" cover performance. Only 550 Euros.

http://www.watchwallpapers.com/bme.htm

Makes the IKM plugin a steal. Peter, I think your should ask management to piggy back on the Seiko marketing campaign.

IKM definitely could use a watch.
I suggest this one:

THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

to me my board!

Return to “Effects”