Xfer LFO Tool - worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:00 pm Just to clarify, it cannot be mapped to other devices' parameters, but it does work well as an envelope for its volume controls and filters. Man, if it could be mapped to other devices' parameters, the way Ableton Live tools like LFO can be mapped, it would be so much more. Still, I don't use it much (got other ways to duck, sidechain, modulate).
You can tell LFOTool to output the cutoff value as MIDI CC then use that to automate exposed parameters in other plugins (see section 11 in the manual). You can also drag-and-drop a MIDI clip of the envelope out from it too.

Oh, many thanks. I'm on it.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

sqigls wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:48 am try 'fake sidechaining' anything other than a 4/4 kickdrum.
I did and it works great! :) due to Shaperbox ability to do multiband "sidechain" it becomes an amazing tool when layering few different bass, kick layers, working on percussive loops or just in general creating various rhytm loops :)

Its a tool and the "shortcomings" that are brought up, are usualy created by the end user lack of skill or knowledge ;)

Just as a sidenote, using Bitwig basically means having flexible LFOTool like control over any paramater of any VST plugin, so if you're interested in crazy modulation possibilities maybe check it out.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:08 am
sqigls wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:48 am try 'fake sidechaining' anything other than a 4/4 kickdrum.
Just midi trigger lfotool?
+1 … I've occasionally used LFOTool as a "MIDI controlled instrument" in Logic to do this.

I haven't bothered with traditional sidechain compression for ages now when working with 4 to the floor stuff. Sometimes the most bizarre looking envelope shapes are exactly what's needed. LFOTool is my go-to, Enveloper by Guda Audio for when I need multiband envelopes or Filters.

Return to “Effects”