A/DA flanger (280 instances on one track possible)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If this was a realistic price, like $49, I'd have bought it already ... but seriously, $149 is ridiculous for a software flanger. I payed less for my Yamaha hardware flanger pedal which is awesome (for a flanger).

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:20 pm If this was a realistic price, like $49, I'd have bought it already ... but seriously, $149 is ridiculous for a software flanger. I payed less for my Yamaha hardware flanger pedal which is awesome (for a flanger).
can you put 200 instances of the yamaha on a track? :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:31 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:20 pm If this was a realistic price, like $49, I'd have bought it already ... but seriously, $149 is ridiculous for a software flanger. I payed less for my Yamaha hardware flanger pedal which is awesome (for a flanger).
can you put 200 instances of the yamaha on a track? :hihi:
If you can lend me a couple of grand I'll give it a go ...

:lol:

You could reamp it to hell and back. (200x)
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

:scared:

ramseysounds wrote:So according to you Ive been bribed and shit posting? Have a word with yourself mate. And you state PA offer good tools yet in another thread state “Brainworx offerings sound like absolute garbage chinese knock-off toys.”
Not necessarily bribed. There's an alternative for the careful reader. Reading comprehension is mandatory. The other sentence you quoted is out of context, so I'm not holding my breath though.

The grass is still looking fake mate.

Edited
Last edited by Razzia on Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I noticed some pvc primer splashed on this flanger

kintsugi wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 pm
ramseysounds wrote:So according to you Ive been bribed and shit posting? Have a word with yourself mate. And you state PA offer good tools yet in another thread state “Brainworx offerings sound like absolute garbage chinese knock-off toys.”
Not necessarily bribed. There's an alternative for the careful reader. Reading comprehension is mandatory. The other sentence you quoted is out of context, so I'm not holding my breath though.

The grass is still looking fake mate.
Oh whatever. I'm done with you
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

$149 dollars??????????? :shock:

perpetual3 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:47 pm
jens wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:35 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:10 pm
sprnva wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:57 pm The price is the same as the UAD version. All these recent plugins are just the previously-exclusive UAD ones without the hardware dongle.
That hardware dongle offloads the DSP from the CPU. It’s not “just” a dongle. For some, that’s a benefit worth the cost.
It's entirely ricidulous. It's a dongle for the braindead. If UA's own chart is to be believed, one stereo instance of the A/DA Flanger uses 15,9% of one Sharc. This should mean you ought be able to run 50 instances on an Octo Satellite.

I - on the other hand - just ran 200 instances of the native version on my laptop which cost about as much as an Octo Satellite a little less than two years ago (12/2017) - at 128samples of latency without my CPU nearly maxing out. (Reaper reported ~50%, Windows reported a little less than 80%).

See? That's why people call it a dongle. It's because of its piss-poor DSP-performance at insane prices. UAD is for the gullible that easily become victims of ridiculous marketing claims.

Edit: with 280 instances running, my system ended up becoming sluggish. (28tracks each with 10 instances inserted)

Edit 2: and for 1000 bucks I could built a machine that would run circles around my modest laptop.

Edit 3: one has to thank PA though for helping to make this nonsense a lot more transparent.
Like I said, for some people, that’s what they want. Don’t look at me though, I never bought into the DSP hype.
Doesn't that "dongle" also come disguised as a very good audio interface? I mean, I wouldn't have one but I can completely see others finding this highly desirable.

BTW, I too am put off by UAD's pricing and the underwhelming performance on their chips. I'd also prefer the native method.

Heavy Hitters get it for 99$!

Heavy Shitters
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

martinjuenke wrote:Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 pm Heavy Hitters get it for 99$!
Yes? I didn't get that mail yet then.. but you know what? With the monthly voucher that kind of brings it into an almost reasonable price range. I probably still won't bite ATM as there's that insane IK group buy running, but...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”