lkjb QRange

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
QRange

kingozrecords wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:33 pm Has there been an update to this? The latency is far too overpowering on the version I have tested.
In short: there is no way around latency in the Linear Phase domain. Hence, such eqs are mostly used for mastering, where latency does not really matter.

Hey man, just thought you might want to know your cool plug-in QRange 1.0.3 does not validate here with logic 10.3.3 / 10.11.6

All your other ones with the latest version validate and work fine though including QRange 1.0.0

Thanks for the free plugins!

I thought I fixed the failing validation but I didn't put it in a new version number as the fix was the only thing that changed and I added the fix shortly after the 1.0.3 release. Can you check whether it also fails when using the current 1.0.3?

Re-downloaded and AU validation is happy once again. Thank you kind sir!

Version 1.1.0 is now available. Besides fixing the default settings (overwriting didn't work) and saving latency mode (QRange would always load with Long latency setting) it also introduces a latency free minimal phase mode that can be selected via the latency setting.

lkjb wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:21 am Version 1.1.0 is now available. Besides fixing the default settings (overwriting didn't work) and saving latency mode (QRange would always load with Long latency setting) it also introduces a latency free minimal phase mode that can be selected via the latency setting.
This has made my day, the minimum phase mode with the analyser switched off uses not much cpu on my laptop and is totally usable as a go to eq plugin.

The save as default still isn't working though. I'm on Live 10, win8 vst2..... the latency is set to long still even when I've saved it as minimum phase, I think the analyser settings are resetting as well but will check again when I get a chance. If you can get this feature working this will be my go to eq for sure. Incredible gift to the freeware world, anywhere I can donate?

s28 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:35 amThe save as default still isn't working though. I'm on Live 10, win8 vst2..... the latency is set to long still even when I've saved it as minimum phase, I think the analyser settings are resetting as well but will check again when I get a chance. If you can get this feature working this will be my go to eq for sure. Incredible gift to the freeware world, anywhere I can donate?
OK, I somehow managed to test the "fixed" default settings but missed that they didn't work that well. Besides the latency setting not being set correctly, all bands will come up as peak filters as well.

The analyser setting isn't saved in the defaults as these should rather represent the EQ dsp state. Might be useful, though. I'll have a look...

Defaults should now be fixed for real. :)
I also added an option for the analyser to only be processed while the user interface is showing which should save some CPU, especially when using multiple instances.

lkjb wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:25 pm Defaults should now be fixed for real. :)
I also added an option for the analyser to only be processed while the user interface is showing which should save some CPU, especially when using multiple instances.
Working perfectly. Thanks so much for this :)

Version 1.1.2 fixes Cubase 10 crashing when changing the latency setting in the vst3 plugin on Windows.
It might also stop a short tail being played in Logic when turning the plugin off and on again. As I don't have Logic I couldn't test this. Also, as Logic only provides an on/off switch the audio will jump if a plugin introduces latency. Using the plugin's bypass button should thus be prefered.

Thank you, LKBJ

lkjb wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:21 am Version 1.1.0 is now available. Besides fixing the default settings (overwriting didn't work) and saving latency mode (QRange would always load with Long latency setting) it also introduces a latency free minimal phase mode that can be selected via the latency setting.
Many thanks for the minimal phase mode. 8)

Would it be possible to have slightly bolder and unaliased eq curves at some point (a bit like Ozone's eq or TB eq4) ?
It makes everything more readable and more comfortable to use, imho.

Used this on a track earlier and it works really well, very nice to work with.

I have one request - could you add 6db filters in there even if just to be used with the minimum phase mode, which is all i'm using.

Love this EQ, the more I use it. The only thing that slows down my workflow is that the bands aren't color-coded. I always need to double/triple-check which band is which from upper graph to lower numbers section. A different color for each band would be very useful.

Return to “Effects”