TBProAudio: CS-5501 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
CS-5501V2

no, license transfer fees always go to the developer. that‘s the whole purpose. the old owner gets the money he sells his license for.

If I'm not completely mistaken software companies are actually legally obligated within the EU (the major market in the world) to allow customers license transfers. Buying a license is regarded as equivalent to buying a physical entity. Consequently, just as you should be able to sell whatever you have bought physically, the same applies to software licenses. Anyone who has more knowledge on the subject - please chime in! I'm not even sure whether it's legit to demand a license transfer fee, but I'not opposed to it as long as the transfer fee is reasonable (max. 10% of the price paid for the license originally).

I think it's fair to ask a small transfer fee. To be honest I even feel a bit sorry for companies like PSP, who do all transfers manually and for free and PSP plugins get sold a LOT.

I don't feel sorry for PSP for implementing iLok.
OnTopic: This channel strip looks very good. :)

TB-ProAudio wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:34 am Update V1.3.0:
- Parameter randomizer
What does this entail exactly? Intended as a console emulation style thing?

markp wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:36 pm Cool trick making all the negative comments re lack of CS-3301 cross-grade path..............d-i-s-a-p-p-e-a-r. And thanks for not replying to my email requesting CS-3301 license transfer policy. Sarcasm? Yes. Yes it is.
Sorry, that we overlooked your email.
Currently we do not offer license transfers. When you buy TBProAudio products, it's clear from the start.
This is the status now, but we may need to change this due to legislation.
Last edited by TB-ProAudio on Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Spock wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:12 pm they don‘t allow license transfers and even if I have bought TB stuff before, I am hesitant to buy new plugins because of this reason. You never know if you still like to use it a year later. He should really consider adding that option (with a transfer fee, so it feel more fair to him)
Right, no license transfers. You can take it or leave it. :wink:
This is the status now, but we may need to change this due to legislation.
Last edited by TB-ProAudio on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jorgeelalto wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:45 pm I can see the need for license transfers with more expensive plugins but I feel that smaller developers shouldn't have to do license transfers necessarily. 60e for a channel strip is a decent price, cheap, and the business loses money with license transfers since the second hand buyer does not get a new license but rather pays the old owner, especially with lower volume sales (I can imagine Native Instruments gets a lot more money from sales so they can afford the transfers, and also I can imagine smaller businesses like Klanghelm don't really benefit from them but they allow them nonetheless for a small fee). I can perfectly see why TBPA does not offer them, to be honest :) Also I may be completely wrong :D
Right, and the extended license management costs money and would restricts our customers.
We decided to spend the money on improvement of existing products and the development of new and cool products :)

s28 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:10 pm
TB-ProAudio wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:34 am Update V1.3.0:
- Parameter randomizer
What does this entail exactly? Intended as a console emulation style thing?
Well, it changes randomly most of the parameter a little bit. So yes, the idea comes from the fact, that no HW strip sounds like the other, having the same settings.

Update 1.3.1:
- VST3: random parameter change fix

Update 1.3.2:
- NEW: EQ component tolerances (experimental)
- FIX: Parameter randomizer
- FIX: Monoplug grays channel modifier

What's the eq component tolerances - Is it modelling a certain piece of hardware? Some of these updates don't really mean anything without a bit of clarification, not a complaint, just perspective. I am considering picking this thing up, seems to cover everything i'm after strip wise.

Is the eq exactly the same as the original strip?

s28 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:46 pm What's the eq component tolerances - Is it modelling a certain piece of hardware? Some of these updates don't really mean anything without a bit of clarification, not a complaint, just perspective. I am considering picking this thing up, seems to cover everything i'm after strip wise.

Yes, the EQ section is the same as in CS3301.
No specific HW modelling.
In CS5501 you can enable now " eq component tolerances", what is usually known from HW. So if you set f0 to 1000Hz it could be e.g. finally 986Hz or 1008 Hz.

TB-ProAudio wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:29 pm
s28 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:46 pm What's the eq component tolerances - Is it modelling a certain piece of hardware? Some of these updates don't really mean anything without a bit of clarification, not a complaint, just perspective. I am considering picking this thing up, seems to cover everything i'm after strip wise.

In CS5501 you can enable now " eq component tolerances", what is usually known from HW. So if you set f0 to 1000Hz it could be e.g. finally 986Hz or 1008 Hz.
Has the eq sensitivity been changes, then? I've not demo'd it for a while

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:18 pm
TB-ProAudio wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Has the eq sensitivity been changes, then? I've not demo'd it for a while
No changes since CS3301 :-)

Return to “Effects”