VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nordickvr wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:47 pm
Bodhisan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:38 pm
[/post]

OS X: 10.13.6
Logic: 10.4.6

I think I'm doing what you're doing - loading up a synth (I just tried Retro Synth), then loading Hatefish as a midi FX. Press play, and...crash.
Weird, exact same config over here.
Had this exact issue with former version of Hatefish, v1.1.0 fixed it.
I'm mostly sure you'v already tried a uninstall/reinstall/restart, but just in case...
Also getting crashes here, in Logic and Cubase 10 Pro.

Lovely addictive plugin works great in Samplitude x3. Great work and a steal in the current sale.

Yes I purchased it too in the sale. And I regret it.
I have already removed it from my plugins folder.
The different channels per voice doesn't seem to work in Cubase 10 Pro.
And more important - it crashes Cubase.

This is the second time I tried Hornet plugins and experienced crashes with them - the first time was with the Harmonics plugin.

Bodhisan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:10 am
Yes, that was the first thing I tried. No audio comes out, however, when I play my midi keyboard. When I disengage Hatefish, audio resumes. There's got to be something obvious I'm doing wrong. And the midi FX is the only option Hatefish shows up in.

Edited: I've tried hitting play and/or record, and Logic crashes every time.
RhyGenerator it’s a sequencer so it works only what the DAW is playing. We recently found a bug in Logic that causes a crash when you hit record, we’ll release an update soon

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:48 am
Yes, that was the first thing I tried. No audio comes out, however, when I play my midi keyboard. When I disengage Hatefish, audio resumes. There's got to be something obvious I'm doing wrong. And the midi FX is the only option Hatefish shows up in.

RhyGenerator it’s a sequencer so it works only what the DAW is playing. We recently found a bug in Logic that causes a crash when you hit record, we’ll release an update soon

Saverio
As an FYI, on my OS/Logic, it crashes when you hit play, as well.

nordickvr wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:17 pm @Saverio
The problem I'm having using Arp. mode:
Its like Hatefish never "purge" notes, i.e.he's adding/stacking them.
Stopping/Returning back to measure 1 doesn't "update" Arp. notes making it useless in this mode.
Tried playing notes live and also sequencing them with no success.
Quoting myself, you may have missed it.

I have it working in Reaper and Cakewalk by Bandlab, on windows 8.1.
The vst3 doesn't work in CbB. The scan picks it up but it refuses to appear in the track when you drag and drop it there. No errormessage. Instead I use the 64-bit vst2.
I also had a problem with the play button in CbB. It turned out that i had to have one track with something recorded to it to be able to use the play button and thus being able to use Hatefish. I just muted the recorded track.
For some reason the pdf manual isn't working. The other manuals with the other plugins bought at the same time work fine.

@Hornet Standalone win app has some very useful buttons: "new, open, save", it would be great if those can be transferred to plugin. Useful in a way for those who use different hosts often and wanna make starting presets templates, like for a drum kit or scale template etc.
Randomize or probability was already mentioned.
Maybe more modes, user will like most probably, depends if you will. Modes like: arp up&down, arp random, or even note range but that would require scales implemented. That last one I saw in MidiBot plugin.
Just some ideas I had after first tryout. Otherwise everything is functional and standalone app is great.
While here, wondering if duplicate notes are filtered out? Here is an example: holding chord, Hatefish first sequncer is set to chord, 2nd to arp down, 3rd to arp up, all with different timings. There probably gonna be extra of the same note at some point, which we as humans might not perceive live but synths or daw will.

bojanboyss wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:27 pm @Hornet Standalone win app has some very useful buttons: "new, open, save", it would be great if those can be transferred to plugin. Useful in a way for those who use different hosts often and wanna make starting presets templates, like for a drum kit or scale template etc.
Randomize or probability was already mentioned.
Maybe more modes, user will like most probably, depends if you will. Modes like: arp up&down, arp random, or even note range but that would require scales implemented. That last one I saw in MidiBot plugin.
Just some ideas I had after first tryout. Otherwise everything is functional and standalone app is great.
While here, wondering if duplicate notes are filtered out? Here is an example: holding chord, Hatefish first sequncer is set to chord, 2nd to arp down, 3rd to arp up, all with different timings. There probably gonna be extra of the same note at some point, which we as humans might not perceive live but synths or daw will.
thank you for the suggestions, i’ll Write them down 😄

FYI duplicate notes are filtered so if two notes are equal just one is played

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:46 pm thank you for the suggestions, i’ll Write them down 😄
FYI duplicate notes are filtered so if two notes are equal just one is played
Saverio
Thanks!

Saverio
Status?

Bodhisan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Saverio
Status?
It'll be out tomorrow :) we are making the final tests :)

Saverio

I must say that I'm achieving some really crazy (but very usable) bass tracks that were impossible without this. My tip: Even if your bass (like most) is set up legato, play triads to get the midi notes in there, then throw on Hatefish and use the arp up or down. Good, but when you engage a second "lane" in Hatefish, or even a third and fourth and fifth, I guess, that's when the fun begins. Even just playing one note with the arp setting, the possible rhythms are unimaginable but all there. It's like rolling several pair of dice. If these types of sequencers are out there, I'm sure this isn't any new revelation for some, but for me, this is pretty exciting.

Bodhisan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:57 pm I must say that I'm achieving some really crazy (but very usable) bass tracks that were impossible without this. My tip: Even if your bass (like most) is set up legato, play triads to get the midi notes in there, then throw on Hatefish and use the arp up or down. Good, but when you engage a second "lane" in Hatefish, or even a third and fourth and fifth, I guess, that's when the fun begins. Even just playing one note with the arp setting, the possible rhythms are unimaginable but all there. It's like rolling several pair of dice. If these types of sequencers are out there, I'm sure this isn't any new revelation for some, but for me, this is pretty exciting.
thank you :) this is a great testimonial :)

Saverio

Badly needs a shuffle slider, randomiser, velocity per note, pitch per note and snapshot slots

Return to “Effects”