What are your top five favorite FX plugins that really helped you in your music production ..?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to see the Valhalla Vintage people duke it out with the Valhalla Room people. Must be a personality thing :)

For me:
- Valhalla Delay (Bring it, you Vintage and Room people)--haven't had it long, but it goes on a lot of my tracks now--and playing guitar with it is really nice.
- Comet reverb
- Reels tape emulation (I put it on a lot of stuff, just to see how it sounds, and it works well often)
- bx_subsynth (use it to add something to kicks, basses)
- Ableton Live Suite tools, especially EQ Eight. But I have way too many Max for Live devices installed, to the point that I can barely sift through them to find what I'm looking for at a given moment.
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

The Room vs Vintage to me is I can get color from delays etc then reverb it cleaner with Room. Vintage does more but not cleaner.

Thanks for your responses. Many of those mentioned I am familiar with, but I did check every plugin out that I wasn't familiar with.
SDRR was mentioned a few times which I am definitely considering. bx_subsynth is added to my wishlist! I think it comes down to $49 occasionally. I dont know if a PA voucher beings it down even further?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

It often comes down to 29, and I used my $25 voucher on it, I think

zacha wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:33 pm It often comes down to 29, and I used my $25 voucher on it, I think
How do you get a $25 voucher?

Is it so hard for some people to count to five? :scared:

My list changes weekly, especially with all the great stuff getting released.

MasterTuner wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:41 pm
zacha wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:33 pm It often comes down to 29, and I used my $25 voucher on it, I think
How do you get a $25 voucher?
If you've bought from them in the past, they'll send them to you each month. The real trick is to stick to your guns on the plugins you want. Often something will come along at $29 and you'll get all giddy at the thought of getting a $300 plugin for $4. Then the week after, the one you really wanted will go on sale. True story :tu:

Based on extensive youtube (project breakdowns) and reddit AMA research - OTT, Soundgoodizer (Maximus preset), Camelcrusher (of course, a preset in it). These are overused by many currently popular EDM (dubstep, future house/bass, electro, dnb) producers; I am not joking.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:43 pm Is it so hard for some people to count to five? :scared:
Just as hard as it is to stay on topic :hihi:

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:16 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:43 pm Is it so hard for some people to count to five? :scared:
Just as hard as it is to stay on topic :hihi:
:o :hihi:

bx_subsynth
Wait, do you mean that it comes down to $49 and you use your $25 voucher to get it for $24,
or do you mean it comes down to $26 and you use your PA voucher to get it for less than $10?

MasterTuner wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:01 pm
bx_subsynth
Wait, do you mean that it comes down to $49 and you use your $25 voucher to get it for $24,
or do you mean it comes down to $26 and you use your PA voucher to get it for less than $10?
Prices are often reduced to $29, even the most expensive. If you have a $25 voucher, you can pick up whatever it is for $4. Plus VAT in the EUSSR.

OTT, ShaperBox, FX Layer(Bitwig), Multiband FX(Bitwig), Tool(Bitwig).

Googly Smythe wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:58 pm Plus VAT in the EUSSR.
WTF ?!? :D

EDIT : nevermind, not a political topic...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Return to “Effects”