BX_2098 EQ and maag EQ4 (Pick one only or why not both?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I already got 2098 for 2 months and love it very much and it works very well with my synth lead and synth bass (I compose dance music as my hobby). However, due to recent sales, EQ4 also caught my eyes and I am now demoing it. The description said : "Nothing beats the EQ4 on Vocals, Drums, Guitars or the Master Buss". I don't have vocal and Guitars in my tracks. What do you think if you were me if 2098 is suit for most of the situations or EQ4 will complement nicely with 2098 ? Again, I am demoing it but would like to hear some users' feedback and comments about EQ4 in your daily usage.

Cheers!
Cowby

Far better eqs out there than the maag. Havent used the 2098

i use the 2098 and the NSEQ-2 all the time. EQ4 sometimes.
if you're looking for character and flexibility then i wouldn't go with the EQ4.
i'd probably recommend the TE-100 which has a nice top end too... or the NSEQ-2 if you don't have that (though i'm contantly wishing it was 4 bands of full-range filters instead of 2 bands of limited range)...

the EQ4 is a nice EQ... but I wouldn't pay $49 for it.
it's CPU efficient though.
to compliment the 2098, i'd probably say the NSEQ-2, or maybe check out the Fuse Ausio VQA-154 [use the code F9YM-GJ3L-SL19 for 40% off].
The (free at one stage) Overloud Gem EQ550 is fab too, you might find someone with an unused licence?
Tons i could suggest, but not that many in the $29-$49 ballpark :P

I know this is the long winded typical vague KVR post, but it's all a matter of taste ;)
...and budget :P
...and desired outcome... what do you need it for? boosting? character? transparency?

EQ4 is nothing special. Maybe it was a thing at the time of release but currently even that 'fabulous' air frequency doesn't seems to impress. Personally I don't like the sound of EQ4 at all

sqigls wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:36 am i use the 2098 and the NSEQ-2 all the time. EQ4 sometimes.
if you're looking for character and flexibility then i wouldn't go with the EQ4.
i'd probably recommend the TE-100 which has a nice top end too... or the NSEQ-2 if you don't have that (though i'm contantly wishing it was 4 bands of full-range filters instead of 2 bands of limited range)...

the EQ4 is a nice EQ... but I wouldn't pay $49 for it.
it's CPU efficient though.
to compliment the 2098, i'd probably say the NSEQ-2, or maybe check out the Fuse Ausio VQA-154 [use the code F9YM-GJ3L-SL19 for 40% off].
The (free at one stage) Overloud Gem EQ550 is fab too, you might find someone with an unused licence?
Tons i could suggest, but not that many in the $29-$49 ballpark :P

I know this is the long winded typical vague KVR post, but it's all a matter of taste ;)
...and budget :P
...and desired outcome... what do you need it for? boosting? character? transparency?
Thanks and I am now sitting down to demo EQ4, 2098, BAX EQ and your recommendation -> TE-100. I actually was thinking to buy BAX EQ yesterday when I saw their promotion email. But after demoing this bad boy, I found that he is a shy boy which means the effects are very subtle to my synth lead and FM bass. Bit disappointed. TE-100 is a gem and more flexible compare to EQ4. Before listening to the performance of TE-100, I very much like EQ4 but when TE-100 activated, it surely win my vote. Let me play more tonight and I think I will buy TE-100 very soon.

Thanks!
Cowby

Return to “Effects”