Kush AR-1: Fat, Old, Gritty Tube Compression… No iLok Dongle!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:55 am The thing is just a giant G spot.
What??? :o

i got mine... you get your's lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

DJErmac wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:41 pm At first I really disliked the sound : too agressive in the high frequencies. Then I understood how to use the plugin properly. This compressor is greater than great. I've compared it with everything I own, it's on the top of the top.
Can you please explain how you then understood how to use the plugin properly??

Thanks,
jb

Always good news when Kush release something. They never disappoint.

Endor-8o8 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:53 am Always good news when Kush release something. They never disappoint.
I agree .

I have try AR-1 , and very good compressor :tu:

garfield78 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:26 am
Endor-8o8 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:53 am Always good news when Kush release something. They never disappoint.
I agree .

Indeed !! This thing seems very powerful...need to test this more but so far it's,
as always, another winner from Kush. Novatron was also a killer comp.

I'm glad I didn't buy the Royal Compressor. :lol:

Endor-8o8 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 am
garfield78 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:26 am
I agree .

Indeed !! This thing seems very powerful...need to test this more but so far it's,
as always, another winner from Kush. Novatron was also a killer comp.

I'm glad I didn't buy the Royal Compressor. :lol:

lol :D

yes royal compressor , is not very "royal" .I prefer thenew AR-1 , more near of the rs124. :phones:

jbarish wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:45 am
DJErmac wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:41 pm At first I really disliked the sound : too agressive in the high frequencies. Then I understood how to use the plugin properly. This compressor is greater than great. I've compared it with everything I own, it's on the top of the top.
Can you please explain how you then understood how to use the plugin properly??

Thanks,
jb
Actually I was simply confused by the fact that the compressor has no ratio. So I was constantly trying to play with the input to find a way to fine tune. You know, some compressors sometimes rely only on the input. And if you try to use it this way, the sound behaves weirdly, it doesn't simply distort. When I stopped playing with the input and only adjusted the threshold, all became fine. That's what I meant.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

@Blackwinny - This matter has been explained to you by multiple members providing facts. Whether you're extremely fact resistant, dumb or just lying due to other suspicious intentions isn't easy to say.

Either way, the evidence are clear. You keep coming back putting fire to thread after thread with this issue like a simple pyroman and vandal.

S'en tenir au sujet !

This thing is unreal. Seriously. I love two types of comps - hyper modern, forward thinking (multiplicity, compassion, smartcomp etc) and really fat analog (fuse audio, Kush etc)
This just really nails it for me. Love novatron too, but the movement on this one is insane. Instant groove and feel. It seems like since kush did 'tubes and transistors' their modelling stepped up big time. Since then their tube products have been off the charts.
Absolutely hanging there at the top. Seems like a fair intro price too.
I just need to buy their transformer line now - pure gold.
I tend to use these tools not for heavy lifting (i use more precise digital tools for that) but i add these on for vibe and weight - this comp does that perfectly.
What surprised me is the versatility of this thing - i didnt think it would be as good as it is on bass/drums.
Great stuff

DavidCarlyon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:36 pm This thing is unreal. Seriously. I love two types of comps - hyper modern, forward thinking (multiplicity, compassion, smartcomp etc) and really fat analog (fuse audio, Kush etc)
This just really nails it for me. Love novatron too, but the movement on this one is insane. Instant groove and feel. It seems like since kush did 'tubes and transistors' their modelling stepped up big time. Since then their tube products have been off the charts.
I tend to use these tools not for heavy lifting (i use more precise digital tools for that) but i add these on for vibe and weight - this comp does that perfectly.
What surprised me is the versatility of this thing - i didnt think it would be as good as it is on bass/drums.
Great stuff
Yeah this one is something special. Love the way it gives a sense of fullness to the midrange on keyboards and voices. The Tone knob is very interesting too. It cand do magic on mixbus too. Very versatile...I love Vari-Mu topology for that.

Regarding the price, I don't think it's an intro offer. I don't recall Kush doing this kind of marketing move. And this is the trick here ! Lot of people feel like it's an intro price. It tells a lot about the quality of the product and the price it deserves in their mind.

When you think about the AR-1 or the MagicDeathEye by DDMF, these are some incredible comps for a very affordable price. $99 can be steep for some people that's ok, but with a bit of savings anybody can afford these comps and have amazing tools right in their daws.

What a time to produce and mix music. :pray:

Endor-8o8 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:48 pm
DavidCarlyon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:36 pm This thing is unreal. Seriously. I love two types of comps - hyper modern, forward thinking (multiplicity, compassion, smartcomp etc) and really fat analog (fuse audio, Kush etc)
Great stuff
Yeah this one is something special. Love the way it gives a sense of fullness to the midrange on keyboards and voices. The Tone knob is very interesting too. It cand do magic on mixbus too. Very versatile...I love Vari-Mu topology for that.

Regarding the price, I don't think it's an intro offer. I don't recall Kush doing this kind of marketing move. And this is the trick here ! Lot of people feel like it's an intro price. It tells a lot about the quality of the product and the price it deserves in their mind.

When you think about the AR-1 or the MagicDeathEye by DDMF, these are some incredible comps for a very affordable price. $99 can be steep for some people that's ok, but with a bit of savings anybody can afford these comps and have amazing tools right in their daws.

I know, this is a seriously high end bit of kit. Haven't even tried it on mixbuss yet, will get to that tonight.
Yeah it is a great time for producers/mixers/engineers. Some of the tools we have gotten recently are incredible.
I didnt get magic death eye yet...don't know whether that was due to the psychology of no intro pricing - but i waited on that. The one thing i didn't really get was the lack of oversampling. But again, the movement on that compressor is incredibly music.
I too love vari mu types, i love the fuse ones also..
Yeah people have really come to respect Kush as a brand. To be fair, everything they have put out in the last couple of years has been incredible, with this one being no acception.
I might even say this is their finest comp yet - though i haven't compared it to nova. Novatron is very versatile, but this one is so instantly musical...and works on way more sources than expected.

I also really approve of Kush's move to add numerical readouts for parameters. That is one thing that used to drive me crazy about them.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:27 pm
Endor-8o8 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:48 pm
Great stuff

I know, this is a seriously high end bit of kit. Haven't even tried it on mixbuss yet, will get to that tonight.
Yeah it is a great time for producers/mixers/engineers. Some of the tools we have gotten recently are incredible.
I didnt get magic death eye yet...don't know whether that was due to the psychology of no intro pricing - but i waited on that. The one thing i didn't really get was the lack of oversampling. But again, the movement on that compressor is incredibly music.
I too love vari mu types, i love the fuse ones also..
Yeah people have really come to respect Kush as a brand. To be fair, everything they have put out in the last couple of years has been incredible, with this one being no acception.
I might even say this is their finest comp yet - though i haven't compared it to nova. Novatron is very versatile, but this one is so instantly musical...and works on way more sources than expected.

I also really approve of Kush's move to add numerical readouts for parameters. That is one thing that used to drive me crazy about them.
Fuse VCL-25A is incredible, Ray is a killer developper. Concerning MDE...well you can still ask for the OS option in a future update or oversample using MetaPlugin if you have it. ;)

I'm never disappointed by Kush plugins. It always finds its way through my mixes...even the good old UBK-1 is still a very good character box.

Novatron seems a bit more agressive or more snappy...and it also push the hi-mids a lot so it's not always the mixbuss best friend. But it's still an amazing comp. The AR-1 seems clearly like the best of of Kush DSP experience.

escalona wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:11 am Another thread that turned into iLok debate...
Guys, the compressor is awesome. It sounds awesome. Give it a try, you'll be happy.
I'm trying to give it a try but iLok is allowing it to happen. I've never spent so much time trying to get a plugin work. Not really a big surprise here, this is why people hate iLok.

rageix wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:56 pm
escalona wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:11 am Another thread that turned into iLok debate...
Guys, the compressor is awesome. It sounds awesome. Give it a try, you'll be happy.
I'm trying to give it a try but iLok is allowing it to happen. I've never spent so much time trying to get a plugin work. Not really a big surprise here, this is why people hate iLok.
Yes. I avoid iLok like the plague.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Effects”