Smart:comp by Sonible

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im mobile atm but a new smart compressor which seems very interesting. Maybe after smart eqs a new level for processing. I def cannot wait to demo it!

https://www.sonible.com/smartcomp/?utm_ ... se%20smEQ2

A spectro dynamic processor
smart:comp finds the parameters for well-balanced compression results in just a few seconds and ensures unparalleled transparency through frequency-selective processing.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Wankhammer is back! And this time with a smart compressor. Looking forward to testing it out.

cool, seems very promising! Can't wait to try it out soon! :tu:

added: "To use sonible plug-ins, you need to have the PACE iLok License Manager installed on your machine. You DO NOT need an iLok account or iLok USB stick to use smart:comp." ... pass!

Additional discount for loyal users, bringing the price down to 65 euros. Nice.

It'd be interesting to test this, as I do like their previous products.

I couldn't download the demo with Firefox, Google Chrome worked OK. Just saying.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:48 pm I couldn't download the demo with Firefox, Google Chrome worked OK. Just saying.
No problem with Firefox here.

3ee wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:01 pm cool, seems very promising! Can't wait to try it out soon! :tu:

added: "To use sonible plug-ins, you need to have the PACE iLok License Manager installed on your machine. You DO NOT need an iLok account or iLok USB stick to use smart:comp." ... pass!
Why do developers use iLok! ? :x
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:35 pm
3ee wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:01 pm cool, seems very promising! Can't wait to try it out soon! :tu:

Why do developers use iLok! ? :x
Please don't turn this into yet another ilok rant post. It is sooo old. Those who have the product please let us know what you think about "the actual product" as opposed to the box it came in. :pray:

Armadillo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:34 pm Additional discount for loyal users, bringing the price down to 65 euros. Nice.

It'd be interesting to test this, as I do like their previous products.
Did you get an email with a discount code? I have their other products but haven't seen anything (although I didn't purchase them direct from Sonible).

I'm wondering about the discount code too. I haven't received on yet either.

I don’t see a way to register a product with them purchased elsewhere.

dblock wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:44 pm Please don't turn this into yet another ilok rant post. It is sooo old. Those who have the product please let us know what you think about "the actual product" as opposed to the box it came in. :pray:
+1 I want to know what more experienced users think about this clever comp and if it's worth actually having :tu:

Digivolt wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:11 pm
dblock wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:44 pm Please don't turn this into yet another ilok rant post. It is sooo old. Those who have the product please let us know what you think about "the actual product" as opposed to the box it came in. :pray:
+1 I want to know what more experienced users think about this clever comp and if it's worth actually having :tu:
I bought it without demoing. I knew it was smarter than I am :)
Just started a new piece. The kick sounded ok but a little fuzzy around the edges so I threw Smartcomp on it and it really tightened it up nicely and gave it more definition. So far works exactly like it's supposed to and only takes a few seconds. Already happy with it.

dblock wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:18 pm
Digivolt wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:11 pm
I bought it without demoing. I knew it was smarter than I am :)
Just started a new piece. The kick sounded ok but a little fuzzy around the edges so I threw Smartcomp on it and it really tightened it up nicely and gave it more definition. So far works exactly like it's supposed to and only takes a few seconds. Already happy with it.
Electronic? What kind of kick?

dusted william wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:57 pm I'm wondering about the discount code too. I haven't received on yet either.
I actually did get an email.

Return to “Effects”