Camelphat replacement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgotten wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:34 pm
Halonmusic wrote:Whats that about Gibson?
They sold the company to a South American brewing company who had terrible business ethics and allowed the quality of guitars to decline over the years while continually hiking up prices.
That sounds like a joke :hihi: Is it true?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:49 am
mister-rz wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:30 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:27 pm Effing Apple :x
Could of been worse, say if the camels had sold their beautiful wares to gibson. Least their legacy is being lovingly tended too.
Its great for Mac fanbois. What about us Windows-ers?
I couldn't care less about Camel Audio.

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:37 pm
They sold the company to a South American brewing company who had terrible business ethics and allowed the quality of guitars to decline over the years while continually hiking up prices.
Yep, it's true!

macmuse wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:56 pm Although I understand the anger, I've bought plenty of software not bought out by some other company yet still ceased to be supported, which is now useless on a current computer and relegated to the heap of other old software that was once good. Software is just not one of the things that is a solid investment.

My Camel stuff still works. When I had the chance to sell it, I didn't. I still wanted to be able to use it in other DAWs even though I owned Logic.

Yeah, I too use Kore 2 and the software still works in my current system, but not the controller.
Something that I thought I'd be used to by now with software, still have jolts every time something I use gets discontinued, especially if it happens just after I bought it, like stakker, then klip, even tho I can still use them.

Alchemy 2 has been my favourite update so far with the camel stuff, was struggling with 1.5, had automation issues and random program change messages that would switch presets. Like the layout of v2, altho it's mostly similar, sound and extra features, plus can load up all my old soundbanks, dream voices is still one of my favourite vocal libraries.

With kore there was a n.i controller update a few years back that took out kore support and added more features for maschine, tempted, but didn't install it. Not used my controller for ages, so I don't know if it still works under sierra, prefer to edit snapshots and use my trackpad to automate between them.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:41 pm
Yep, it's true!
I was thinking about calkwalk, hopefully bandlabs keeps the synths going and that tasty comp. Didn't know about the guitar side of things beforehand.

fwiw - I still use & am a huge fan of Alchemy 1.5 and CamelSpace
but didn't really get many giggles for CPhat - don't miss that

I think I'm using Izo Trash2 if I'm reaching for the dirty these days

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:40 pm
Could of been worse, say if the camels had sold their beautiful wares to gibson. Least their legacy is being lovingly tended too.
Fair enough :tu:
Forgotten wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:41 pm
Yep, it's true!
Huh, didnt know that.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:27 pm
mister-rz wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:01 pm Only ones I can think of that haven't been mentioned are

UA dent - seen it go for cheap in the marketplace here
Fxpansion etch - has a more gnarly sound, but not had an update for ages
Xln rc-20 - sort of in the same ballpark colour and feature wise, without the modulation.

Camelphat has been updated and is called phatfx now, but mac only.
Effing Apple :x
My feeling exactly.

ariston wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:19 pm Still pretty partial to Sugar Bytes' Wow2. It's got the same dark, crunchy vibe that Camelphat has, and the UI is genius.
Agreed!

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 pm
Reading my post again, it was pretty rude, sorry for that. :) What i wanted to say: I don't mind that Camel Audio is Mac only now. I know Alchemy was pretty popular around here. Not my kind of synth. Camelphat seems interesting, but, i already have a couple of decent multi effects, and, i only use them rarely anyway.

Mister Natural wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:24 pm I think I'm using Izo Trash2 if I'm reaching for the dirty
I chat with Vurt

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:34 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 pm
Reading my post again, it was pretty rude, sorry for that. :) What i wanted to say: I don't mind that Camel Audio is Mac only now. I know Alchemy was pretty popular around here. Not my kind of synth. Camelphat seems interesting, but, i already have a couple of decent multi effects, and, i only use them rarely anyway.
I didnt find your post very rude tbh. People have different opinions. :) And sure there are better alternatives out there.

Russell Grand wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:30 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:27 pm
mister-rz wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:01 pm Only ones I can think of that haven't been mentioned are

UA dent - seen it go for cheap in the marketplace here
Fxpansion etch - has a more gnarly sound, but not had an update for ages
Xln rc-20 - sort of in the same ballpark colour and feature wise, without the modulation.

Camelphat has been updated and is called phatfx now, but mac only.
Effing Apple :x
My feeling exactly.
:D

LeVzi wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:11 am Finally Camelphat has become useless to me, it's bugged...
That's strange. Their latest versions was pretty bug-free... What OS/host?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:46 pm
Mister Natural wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:24 pm I think I'm using Izo Trash2 if I'm reaching for the dirty
I chat with Vurt
:lol:

Return to “Effects”