Camelphat replacement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the heads up, not been paying attention myself, didn't realise that Phat FX was the replacement inside Logic! So cool!

StepFX replaces Camel Space, for any other Logic users that have been dozing.

Thanks for all the options guys, and finally sches' site opened for me.

As for Camel, I had 4 of their products only to have support and development stopped. As did many of us. That makes them C**ts. The windows base gave them recognition, and revenue, only for them to sell out to Apple and produce stuff purely for logic.

It is a disgusting business acumen to have, and one that will never sit right with me, and I partly blame Apple, as I can imagine the contract stated they had to be exclusive to them. But doesn't make it right, and I doubt they give a crap as they are doing alright there now.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Airwindows DeRez 2

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:00 am Thanks for all the options guys, and finally sches' site opened for me.

As for Camel, I had 4 of their products only to have support and development stopped. As did many of us. That makes them C**ts. The windows base gave them recognition, and revenue, only for them to sell out to Apple and produce stuff purely for logic.

It is a disgusting business acumen to have, and one that will never sit right with me, and I partly blame Apple, as I can imagine the contract stated they had to be exclusive to them. But doesn't make it right, and I doubt they give a crap as they are doing alright there now.
Dude, I understand you probably spent good money on those plugins, but your response here is out of line. You cannot with a straight face say that if Apple or some other moneybags company came to you and offered to completely buy you out at a premium, that you would stick to your altruistic principles and say no. Running a business is damn hard, you never know what is coming around the corner, and when the opportunity of a lifetime comes, you take it.

We get it, you’re upset. But be civil about it. It’s been quite a few years now, it is time to move on.

dangayle wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 am
LeVzi wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:00 am Thanks for all the options guys, and finally sches' site opened for me.

Dude, I understand you probably spent good money on those plugins, but your response here is out of line. You cannot with a straight face say that if Apple or some other moneybags company came to you and offered to completely buy you out at a premium, that you would stick to your altruistic principles and say no. Running a business is damn hard, you never know what is coming around the corner, and when the opportunity of a lifetime comes, you take it.

We get it, you’re upset. But be civil about it. It’s been quite a few years now, it is time to move on.
Who are you, the KVR Police ?

But back OT, someone mentioned ETCH, and I just remembered I own that, and yes they were right, it hasn't had an update in what seems like forever, but it still works. It would be so much better if it were fully modular.

FXP dropped support for Etch and various others, ,gave no warnng. Camel gave tones of warning and i sold all my stuff,, like many had the chance to do.

C'est la vie.

samsam wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:44 am FXP dropped support for Etch and various others, ,gave no warnng. Camel gave tones of warning and i sold all my stuff,, like many had the chance to do.

C'est la vie.
Oh I didnt know they'd dropped support for Etch, thats nice too, but the installers are still there, so that's something I guess.

dangayle wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 am Running a business is damn hard, you never know what is coming around the corner, and when the opportunity of a lifetime comes, you take it.
Yeah. But if you do that, there is absolutely no reason and no need to expect any love from all those customers you left in the rain...
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

samsam wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:55 am Thanks for the heads up, not been paying attention myself, didn't realise that Phat FX was the replacement inside Logic! So cool!

StepFX replaces Camel Space, for any other Logic users that have been dozing.
I was worried for awhile that camelspace/phat might go the way of the dodo, even tho phat fx has been expanded, with different compressor types and the like, still find myself reaching for camelphat more, find it easier to dial in and has that nice randomize button up top, still can't find that option in phat fx.

Use step fx more than camelspace, but still use it from time to time, love the sound of both, step fx sounds slightly more polished, plus the randomize feature is hidden behind the cog in the step modulator section.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:36 am But back OT, someone mentioned ETCH, and I just remembered I own that, and yes they were right, it hasn't had an update in what seems like forever, but it still works. It would be so much better if it were fully modular.
I was just using etch as a distortion box for ages, until I happened across a video that went into the modulation system more in depth. Can't find the vid I watched but this just goes into the basics from about 1.30-5.15, didn't expect them to abandon it due to etch red on reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s72pgPiYmD4

Another plugin that might be a replacement for the distortion section on camelphat is rx950, warm sounding and quite cheap and model after the ad/da converter of the akai 950.

https://www.inphonik.com/products/rx950 ... converter/

One word: QuadraFuzz :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I understand windows users frustration on this one as some tools are exceptional, I'd put alchemy, camelspace and phat in that category, especially for the time, plus the camels were very generous and kept sending me gold coins. Dan gayle made a good point about running a business, especially when what you sell can be copied and given away for free, then apple flush with iphone cash and a roadmap for your most valuables, comes a'knocking, I was happy for them and I'd say that even if I was still on windows, I'd just have a screwface when I'd say it.

I'm still desperately holding onto kore 2, for christ's sake, sh*tting it when the inevitable happens and a os update breaks compatibility, I love the deep fx series and not quite ready to let it go, even tho it's been awhile.

Although I understand the anger, I've bought plenty of software not bought out by some other company yet still ceased to be supported, which is now useless on a current computer and relegated to the heap of other old software that was once good. Software is just not one of the things that is a solid investment.

My Camel stuff still works. When I had the chance to sell it, I didn't. I still wanted to be able to use it in other DAWs even though I owned Logic.

Yeah, I too use Kore 2 and the software still works in my current system, but not the controller.

mister-rz wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:26 am
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:49 am
mister-rz wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:30 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:27 pm Effing Apple :x
Could of been worse, say if the camels had sold their beautiful wares to gibson. Least their legacy is being lovingly tended too.
Its great for Mac fanbois. What about us Windows-ers?
Technically even mac users aren't seeing any love outside of logic and mainstage, apple is keeping the camel stuff as close to them as a prized underarm poodle in beverley hills.

Only suggestions I can think of are hackingtosh, cheap secondhand mac or basking in the warm glow that comes from knowing at any given time, on this planet of ours, someone, somewhere is enjoying using updated versions of the camels finest, so long as they have logic or mainstage.
This is why i hate Apple. Whats that about Gibson?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Whats that about Gibson?
They sold the company to a South American brewing company who had terrible business ethics and allowed the quality of guitars to decline over the years while continually hiking up prices.

Return to “Effects”