Camelphat replacement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally Camelphat has become useless to me, it's bugged and obviously thanks to the Camel Audio C**ts abandoning everyone there is no hope for a fix.

SO, on a more positive note ,what replacements are there ? Is there anything that has the filters, distortion units, LFO's, BP Filter etc
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Tantra
Byome

Thanks, but anyone else having a problem getting to Dimitrysches's website ??
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I think fabfilter saturn would be good alternative.you can modulate everything.

LeVzi wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:42 am Thanks, but anyone else having a problem getting to Dimitrysches's website ??
Nope, it's fine here

https://dmitrysches.com/products/tantra

BTW, it's Dmitry, not Dimitry

I haven't tried Byome or tantra, but Garbage LSD is by this same guy. I like it. Lenient demo. Also WOW2 by Sugarbytes is the only external filter I use. I have camelphat, but I never open it anymore.
Last edited by jeffb01 on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Still pretty partial to Sugar Bytes' Wow2. It's got the same dark, crunchy vibe that Camelphat has, and the UI is genius.

Only ones I can think of that haven't been mentioned are

UA dent - seen it go for cheap in the marketplace here
Fxpansion etch - has a more gnarly sound, but not had an update for ages
Xln rc-20 - sort of in the same ballpark colour and feature wise, without the modulation.

Camelphat has been updated and is called phatfx now, but mac only.

mister-rz wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:01 pm Only ones I can think of that haven't been mentioned are

UA dent - seen it go for cheap in the marketplace here
Fxpansion etch - has a more gnarly sound, but not had an update for ages
Xln rc-20 - sort of in the same ballpark colour and feature wise, without the modulation.

Camelphat has been updated and is called phatfx now, but mac only.
Effing Apple :x
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

LeVzi wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:11 am Finally Camelphat has become useless to me, it's bugged and obviously thanks to the Camel Audio C**ts abandoning everyone there is no hope for a fix.

SO, on a more positive note ,what replacements are there ? Is there anything that has the filters, distortion units, LFO's, BP Filter etc
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/scuzzp ... _scuzzphut

http://www.vstplanet.com/News/08/Scuzzphut6.htm

More of a CamelSpace thingie I suppose, but might still be interesting.

Bit strong as well calling them "C**ts". I'm pretty sure they weren't at all. Damn fine human beings if you ask me. But hey, you feel how you feel...

Halonmusic wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:27 pm Effing Apple :x
Could of been worse, say if the camels had sold their beautiful wares to gibson. Least their legacy is being lovingly tended too.

Tritik new KrushPro maybe?

mister-rz wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:30 am
Could of been worse, say if the camels had sold their beautiful wares to gibson. Least their legacy is being lovingly tended too.
Its great for Mac fanbois. What about us Windows-ers?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

My personal choices after switching away from Camel Phat for a while:

Distortion with modulation: Serum FX, Saturn, Dent.
MM Filter (and BP filter): Serum FX or LfoTool. Wow is great but has no formant filter. FilterShaper and Volcano don't have Comb or formant filters IIRC.
Flanger: Serum FX, Fazortan 2 or Uhbik-F
Magic EQ: maybe Kush Reddi
Compressor: PSP oldTimer

All-in-one plugins: Tantra is a good idea (but no comb filter, I think)! Also, Serum FX!

Or take Ableton EQ, Filter, Saturation, Flanger, EQ 3 with a slight bass boost (yeah it's not the same but it might do the trick if you are lucky) and the Compressor, put all into an Ableton FX rack with a wet/dry control and that's it :D
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:49 am
mister-rz wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:30 am
Its great for Mac fanbois. What about us Windows-ers?
Technically even mac users aren't seeing any love outside of logic and mainstage, apple is keeping the camel stuff as close to them as a prized underarm poodle in beverley hills.

Only suggestions I can think of are hackingtosh, cheap secondhand mac or basking in the warm glow that comes from knowing at any given time, on this planet of ours, someone, somewhere is enjoying using updated versions of the camels finest, so long as they have logic or mainstage.

Return to “Effects”