Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.4 & MB-7 Mixer 3.3 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

acousticglue wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:38 am Ha once again Cubase. So glad don't use it.
You'd think a 20-ish year old DAW (30 if you count the old school MIDI sequencer version that ran on Ataris) would be past the point of generally temperamental by now. :lol:

Tappistry wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:22 pm
acousticglue wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:38 am Ha once again Cubase. So glad don't use it.
You'd think a 20-ish year old DAW (30 if you count the old school MIDI sequencer version that ran on Ataris) would be past the point of generally temperamental by now. :lol:
I think the Cubase developers throw stuff like this in for job security. "Hmm...the window ordering got broken? You don't say! I guess we can stop work on all that new stuff we're developing and fix it. Oh, you can't sell an update without new features? Maybe next year? Ok, I'll ask again after the next big update in case your answer changes." And it never does. :lol:

A preview of PatrchWork 2.41 is now available from the full version download page (see the "Next Version Preview").

It should fix this odd issue in Cubase on Windows (it is currently only available in VST & VST3 formats for Windows). We will make it official as soon as it has been entirely validated.

We are of course interested in your feedback! Has anyone else noticed the problem btw? It is probably related to a recent Windows Update, but we have not been able to identify it yet.

Only using Reaper here, no problems yet.

I haven't tried further, little heatwave here atm so the studio is not the place to be right now :)

I'm pretty sure i didn't update Windows recently tho. But i will try the update when the heat settles...
More BPM please

Yes, the issue is only with Cubase: there should not be any problem with other hosts.

Okay did a quick test with 2.4.1. Everything's working great again. Plug-in editors restore perfectly and no more pile-up of plug-in windows when reopening.

Thanx for the quick fix. You're the man :)
More BPM please

:tu:
I am still wondering what triggered the regression, though: it can also be reproduced in Cubase 9. We'll have to keep investigating!

Yeah weird. And weird that it also happened with older versions of Patchwork, where it has worked perfectly before.

Anyway, i saw MB-7 is on sale, does one get crossgrade discount (from Patchwork) on that price as well ?
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:22 pm Yeah weird. And weird that it also happened with older versions of Patchwork, where it has worked perfectly before.
Yes that's why I think that it is likely caused by an external update.
Anyway, i saw MB-7 is on sale, does one get crossgrade discount (from Patchwork) on that price as well ?
There is indeed a crossgrade discount available (available from the PatchWork download page), but it's the same price as the current public promotion.

By the way previews of both MB-7 Mixer and PatchWork are now available for existing customers on the download pages. They both include the fix for Cubase and a few more improvements. We are looking at an official release very soon.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:50 pm
dionenoid wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:22 pm Yeah weird. And weird that it also happened with older versions of Patchwork, where it has worked perfectly before.
Yes that's why I think that it is likely caused by an external update.
Didn't update Cubase or Windows (i'm on Win7 and no automatic updates).

Could it possibly be an installer/plug-in from other developers that can cause this ? Call me crazy but i noticed that the editor windows opened more spread out on my screen when i didn't have Melda Sound Factory in use (that also uses multiple pop-up windows).
More BPM please

It could indeed be anything that has access to window classes / hooks. What surprises me is that this could be reproduced on our machines at the same time. Anyway, it's fixed now :-).

Well, thanx again for the explanations and quick fix :tu:
More BPM please

Return to “Effects”