Klevgrand Modley Multi-FX Delay (NEW!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:06 pm
jens wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:52 pm Seems very interesting, but wouldn't Monodley (unfortunately) be a more appropriate name?
For a stereo delay?
It isn't.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am talking about individual delay times for the left and right channel, which is what is typically considered as stereo-delay. Just because everything around the delay is stereo doesn't mean the delay itself is stereo - which it isn't in this case here.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Huh. I guess it's more "dual mono" then.

Slight disappointment but I still look forward to checking it out. Putting other effects inside a feedback loop is one of those things I love to do in modular that is generally absent from VST plugins.

Of course the ideal would be to put other plugins into that feedback loop...

foosnark wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:30 pm I guess it's more "dual mono" then.
The delay itself is simply mono and that's it, I would say. If you put (say) a stereo-chorus after a mono-delay it's still a mono-delay after all.

And yes, I find it disappointing indeed - the rest looks so good.

Eh... to me, a mono delay force merges L and R into a single channel (or ignores R entirely) and outputs a single channel. This has two channels but forces them to the same delay time.

Now that I actually have had a chance to use it, I think I'll give it a pass though. There really needs to be a limiter effect, and while some of the effects are nice inside a loop, I have better options in hardware.

Breach The Sky wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:08 pm Unfortunately it managed to crash Reason (10). Not many plugins do that.
No crash here,with the demo-version under REASON 10 with an Apple computer .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.7.2 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

geronimo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:36 am
Breach The Sky wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:08 pm Unfortunately it managed to crash Reason (10). Not many plugins do that.
No crash here,with the demo-version under REASON 10 with an Apple computer .
I have had no crash since that post, idk what happend.

Excellent plugin. I like the fact that it's also a very nice multi-FX device, delay aside.

Return to “Effects”