AA N3 Pro dying & no upgrade path to N4. 2nd hand alert

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see N3 Pro WTB`s (want to buy) at MP (marketplace) and I suppose more of them to come, here`s the catch:

(I am not sure if a link to another forum is welcomed, so source: Gearstlutz "Nebula must have")

As it stands now,
AA support lately refused to create a license needed for N3 Pro
(can technically be done yet at homepage but shows where AA want things to go)
which indicates, unexpressed yet assumed, AA is quietly going to drop it.

Also AA offers no N4 upgrade path for N3 Pro users.
(In case this is the calculation of buying a N3 Pro license).

I wouldn`t recommend to ask for a 2nd hand N3 Pro license here
and if someone offers one, chances are good it doesn`t get licensed.

Again, this is the current status, please keep requesters at MP informed.

Hint:
I guess the thread doesn`t get sacked if discussion (if there is any)
stays at the level of sharing opinions in a civilized manner
and this info or subsequent news stay public.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Thanks on behalf of those interested for the heads up! Oh gee, more AA bs. How surprising. :dog:

Shady behavior by a shady company. F**k Acustica Audio! :smack:

Little update:
the user has his license but the very idea
a license becomes a playground of a lottery is something new to me.

The 2nd hand alert remains, there are enough indications N3 Pro gets an abandoned item
and does not make users eligible for an upgrade path.

It is not openly communicated
(I assume to have a loophole like "we didn`t say that, it`s your spin" if things don`t go their road)
but the read out of replies at GS are strongly pointing to it.

Please at least notify MP users with corresponding WTB`s about it
and vice versa: it is risky to buy a copy, most likely without a future.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

It's a strange situation for sure, speaking as someone still using N3 pro, find acustica audio to be very generous with their acqua platform, free updates, plus in the last year or so expanded functionality with extra modules thrown in with some updates and great intro prices.

Easy way to remedy this would be to offer a cheaper upgrade path for previous nebula owners, so you wouldn't have to worry about os upgrades, hard drive failures or platform switching. With the price of N4 recently raised to €400, even with my 30% discount, I wouldn't bite, €150-200 would be more tempting.

mister-rz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 am It's a strange situation for sure, speaking as someone still using N3 pro, find acustica audio to be very generous with their acqua platform, free updates, plus in the last year or so expanded functionality with extra modules thrown in with some updates and great intro prices.
Try to sell an Acqua second hand and see how generous you feel they are.

Check the original topic on gs.
The company is not generating licenses for nebula 2, a software dismissed a lot of years ago and not supported on most of OS any more.
There will be a proper communication about the situation on nebula3, nebula3 pro and server very soon, there will be also upgrade paths.

mister-rz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 am It's a strange situation for sure, speaking as someone still using N3 pro, find acustica audio to be very generous with their acqua platform, free updates, plus in the last year or so expanded functionality with extra modules thrown in with some updates and great intro prices ...
It`s also covered at the thread and not that hard to find the motif.
However, I`d like to stay focused on 2nd hand issues
and the potential risk at KVR MP at he current status.

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:51 am Check the original topic on gs.
The company is not generating licenses for nebula 2, a software dismissed a lot of years ago and not supported on most of OS any more.
Yes, I invite everyone to check the thread.

On site 210 ff, the user name is brewbacker:
"I opened two tickets and have been back and forth with them for days trying to authorize my N3
and finally they just told me that I couldn't.
That they don't support their software "eternally."
Kind of makes me want to ditch the whole company tbh, but I want my TimP libraries..."

I see a 3, not a 2.
This user just represents a longer line of reports with same issues btw.
The main point here is the reports with issues are based on purchased 2nd hand licenses.
Hence the 2nd hand alert (and the note "as of now").

I recommend to go over some pages from site 210 on to collect your own impressions.

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:51 am There will be a proper communication about the situation on nebula3, nebula3 pro and server very soon, there will be also upgrade paths.
Welcome to the world of business ethics.

jbarish wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:15 am Try to sell an Acqua second hand and see how generous you feel they are.
You've given me the fear jbarish as I haven't sold any of my acquas yet, my mind is wondering.
Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:51 am Check the original topic on gs.
There will be a proper communication about the situation on nebula3, nebula3 pro and server very soon, there will be also upgrade paths.
Look forward to seeing what's announced.
Omkar wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:07 pm It`s also covered at the thread and not that hard to find the motif.
Fair enough, got my license from the mp here, so I'm just going to sit back and follow the developments, see where it goes.

Omkar wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:07 pm
mister-rz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 am It's a strange situation for sure, speaking as someone still using N3 pro, find acustica audio to be very generous with their acqua platform, free updates, plus in the last year or so expanded functionality with extra modules thrown in with some updates and great intro prices ...
It`s also covered at the thread and not that hard to find the motif.

Yes, I invite everyone to check the thread.

"I opened two tickets and have been back and forth with them for days trying to authorize my N3
Kind of makes me want to ditch the whole company tbh, but I want my TimP libraries..."

I see a 3, not a 2.
This user just represents a longer line of reports with same issues btw.
The main point here is the reports with issues are based on purchased 2nd hand licenses.
Hence the 2nd hand alert (and the note "as of now").

I recommend to go over some pages from site 210 on to collect your own impressions.

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:51 am There will be a proper communication about the situation on nebula3, nebula3 pro and server very soon, there will be also upgrade paths.
Welcome to the world of business ethics.
I repeat, the only negated licenses are nebula 2 ones.
So, if even a license was not generated or not working, the problem was likely different (i.e. the product doesn't work, licensed or not). An other possible reason could be the number of requests.
There is "not" a problem till someone raises panic. This is the only reason for the incoming communication, so you have a clear idea about what to expect on these dying or died products: nebula 3, nebula 3 pro and nebula 3 server. If you ask to me, I would never buy them in the 2nd market, some of them are not supported in many new OS

mister-rz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:05 pm You've given me the fear jbarish as I haven't sold any of my acquas yet, my mind is wondering.
I think what @jbarish is refering to (and please correct me if not)
is the sale compensation of a purchased plugin on discount.
The background is to bypass a MP niche of buying cheap and selling at higher price.
Nothing to be afraid of if my interpretation goes well.

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:47 pm
I repeat, the only negated licenses are nebula 2 ones.
So, if even a license was not generated or not working, the problem was likely different (i.e. the product doesn't work, licensed or not). An other possible reason could be the number of requests.
There is "not" a problem till someone raises panic. This is the only reason for the incoming communication, so you have a clear idea about what to expect on these dying or died products: nebula 3, nebula 3 pro and nebula 3 server. If you ask to me, I would never buy them in the 2nd market, some of them are not supported in many new OS
I am tired of Machiavellian cookbooks i.e. to deny facts in cold print
in order to let a dispute run in circles to get through with one`s own spins.
I will not respond on further statements like this.

With all respect, this is a bit of a misleading thread. The guy in the original thread got his authorization, didn't he?

I'm with you on the ridiculous upgrade price for Neb3 owners, but G has said that the company is going to address the upgrade issue shortly. Why the effort to try and scare people before AA issue their statement? I really don't see the point.

sidrat wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:23 am With all respect, this is a bit of a misleading thread.

Can you explain please?
sidrat wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:23 am The guy in the original thread got his authorization, didn't he?

Let`s take things in order to better understand the concern:

I quote myself: "the user has his license but the very idea
a license becomes a playground of a lottery is something new to me"

I ask you: which company you remember told you you may or may not get your license?

And I quote myself again:
"This user just represents a longer line of reports with same issues btw.
The main point here is the reports with issues are based on purchased 2nd hand licenses."

I refer to the entire AA handling, not to a single case.
sidrat wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:23 am I'm with you on the ridiculous upgrade price for Neb3 owners, but G has said that the company is going to address the upgrade issue shortly. Why the effort to try and scare people before AA issue their statement? I really don't see the point.
It`s not about the ridiculous upgrade price for Neb3 owners,
it`s about how a price becomes politicized. Try to understand why.

I think I have emphasized more than once users at KVR MP should be notified
about the situation of potential risk.
They are free however to feel scared, I cannot do anything about it.

That reply tells you everything: he speaks about support, not license generation
If you read it carefully you have already a lot of answers, but here we go

Support and license generation are unrelated.
They're is nothing "politicized", just an old product which is not supported in new os and platforms, for example. IT COULD NOT WORK.

Common routine.

But the risk is real: a product dismissed during Windows xp era is probably not supported in mojave and last revision of windows 10. If the license doesn't work you can't think the company is wrong. Products are not supported "forever", exactly like support said. This is software business 101

Update 2:
by zaphod (site 214)
"... this discussion (at GS) moved them (those responsible) to proceed in the direction
of an ultimate answer on the matter
(end of life, pricing, update path, support domain and duration)
They are preparing a document featuring many points, they will publish it asap."

I will end this thread at that point as well as the 2nd hand alert.

Anyone who feels the need to discuss the published document afterwards
is asked to not post here and to open a new thread please.
Thanks.

Return to “Effects”