IK Multimedia T-racks Tape Machine Collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Tape Machine Collection

Andrew John wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:29 am Hi Peter. May i also suggest that the hiss in the demo be a little less repetitive, that there be a little bit more time before it comes round. It makes demoing these plugins extremely difficult.
Thank you.
See the post above. You can demo without any hiss by leaving Custom Shop (the application located in your Start Menu on Windows, Applications folder on MacOS/OS X) in the background and staying connected to the internet. Details on how to demo IK products can be found in this FAQ too: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798

If you close the door so your better half can't see what you're doing, the hissing will stop immediately.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:57 pm
Andrew John wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:29 am Hi Peter. May i also suggest that the hiss in the demo be a little less repetitive, that there be a little bit more time before it comes round. It makes demoing these plugins extremely difficult.
Thank you.
See the post above. You can demo without any hiss by leaving Custom Shop (the application located in your Start Menu on Windows, Applications folder on MacOS/OS X) in the background and staying connected to the internet. Details on how to demo IK products can be found in this FAQ too: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798
Yet another ridiculously user unfriendly policy that no other dev requires. It's as if IK have all the customers they need and they're actively trying to make potential customers buy elsewhere.

My biggest beef with IK for years has been they make every little thing unnecessarily complicated. I suspect it's a cultural thing and not really grasping the idea of "customer experience." Some examples:

1. Lack of upgrades (crossgrades for everyone - gee, way to make existing owners of a prior version feel rewarded)

2. Convoluted Jam Point discounts (up to 30% is really <30% rounded to the next lowest whole dollar - I don't blame them for the VAT thing basically eliminating a chunk of the discount, but I'm not in Europe and don't deal with that)

3. Convoluted Gear Credits (let's just call these IK-bucks - my opinion: stay away folks)

4. Max bundles that don't include everything

5. Custom Shop needing to be open to demo - also, two diferent Custom Shops in one

6. Making you install all the T-Racks plugins when you just bought one

7. Not making all my authorized T-Racks plugins appear in Amplitube and vice versa - would make a lot of sense and encourage sales if these could be cross-pollinated into a single eco-system

8. Subsequent sales that far exceed the original intro price discount (sure, you have to be patient but a year or two later you'll get that expensive thing you were eyeballing at a crazy steep discount)

9. Worst of all IMO: selling modules separate from the base package that adds features - effectively charging for features like resizing in T-Racks or the cab room in Amplitube (then eventually making the latter one free)

On that last point, it's their "half-walled garden" approach that drives me nuts. A much better model would be: make any required "base player" free (it's a basically a shell/chainer), charge for modules, and if you need to recoup development costs for things like resizing or improved oversampling, charge an upgrade fee. A simple "pay $40 dollars to upgrade all your T-RacksCS singles to T-Racks5 singles."

The products can be excellent (especially lately - MODO Bass, Leslie, Vari-Mu, Tape), but they get everything else so wrong. Every IK new product thread becomes a game of twenty [thousand] questions because users are so confused about these convoluted policies. Then Peter has to explain the same rules over and over again, deal with the backlash, etc.

jbarish wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:04 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:57 pm
Thank you.
Yet another ridiculously user unfriendly policy that no other dev requires. It's as if IK have all the customers they need and they're actively trying to make potential customers buy elsewhere.
Thank you for your input. It is five steps (please visit the FAQ link to see them) with the final step being basically "once the above is completed, you're good to go!" so that's not really even a step and isn't very difficult to do. I will still relay your comments, though, and thank you again for your insight and input.

It is correct that you also need internet connection during the session with T-racks Tape Machine Collection?
Thanks for answer!

waldemarjohann wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:30 pm It is correct that you also need internet connection during the session with T-racks Tape Machine Collection?
Thanks for answer!
IK plugins don't require an internet connection to run. There's an initial authorization process, and I think you can do that from another PC, but after that, no further internet connection is needed.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm
waldemarjohann wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:30 pm It is correct that you also need internet connection during the session with T-racks Tape Machine Collection?
Thanks for answer!
IK plugins don't require an internet connection to run. There's an initial authorization process, and I think you can do that from another PC, but after that, no further internet connection is needed.
Hello Funkybot's Evil Twin,

thank you very much for the fast response and answer.

One thing more i forgot to mention. You need also for instance minimum T-RackS 5 to resize Tape Machine Collection?

waldemarjohann wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:33 pm
One thing more i forgot to mention. You need also for instance minimum T-RackS 5 to resize Tape Machine Collection?
Yes. I understand that to be the case.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:43 pm
waldemarjohann wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Yes. I understand that to be the case.
Thanks once again!!!

don1thedon wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:22 am
Thank you.
Hi, Just checking that you know that you can run this without the hiss in demo by running Custom Shop in the background (acts as a temp authorisation)
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798
I didn't know that, thank you!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:37 pm

7. Not making all my authorized T-Racks plugins appear in Amplitube and vice versa - would make a lot of sense and encourage sales if these could be cross-pollinated into a single eco-system
Cross-pollination integrating fundamentals from the entire product line
would indeed be great, and integrating A4, T-racks and more, into
a well presented effects panel, would be another win.

There is a minimalist looking linux app that presents
a resizable panel of 10 plugins
selected from among 180 or so that are available.
Each effect has room for 19 controls or choices,
and presets can be saved/loaded for both the individual effect,
and custom collections of 10, made from among the 180.

http://rakarrack.sourceforge.net/

The main panel also has master % of effects, master input/outputs levels,
on/off per effect, reorder or hide effects, randomized effects chooser,
tap tempo, tuner, metronome, popup bank/preset manager with three
panels of 60 effects, and a user bank yada yada. This type of gui
for the many fine IK effects would be extremely useful.

your number 6. issue definitely should be an installer option,
instead of being a smuggling operation :wink:
Cheers

Been testing, sounds good so far.
A bit noisy when pushed with stock settings.
High CPU for sure.
Still like it....

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:37 pm My biggest beef with IK for years has been they make every little thing unnecessarily complicated. I suspect it's a cultural thing and not really grasping the idea of "customer experience." Some examples:

1. Lack of upgrades (crossgrades for everyone - gee, way to make existing owners of a prior version feel rewarded)

2. Convoluted Jam Point discounts (up to 30% is really <30% rounded to the next lowest whole dollar - I don't blame them for the VAT thing basically eliminating a chunk of the discount, but I'm not in Europe and don't deal with that)

3. Convoluted Gear Credits (let's just call these IK-bucks - my opinion: stay away folks)

4. Max bundles that don't include everything

5. Custom Shop needing to be open to demo - also, two diferent Custom Shops in one

8. Subsequent sales that far exceed the original intro price discount (sure, you have to be patient but a year or two later you'll get that expensive thing you were eyeballing at a crazy steep discount)

9. Worst of all IMO: selling modules separate from the base package that adds features - effectively charging for features like resizing in T-Racks or the cab room in Amplitube (then eventually making the latter one free)

On that last point, it's their "half-walled garden" approach that drives me nuts. A much better model would be: make any required "base player" free (it's a basically a shell/chainer), charge for modules, and if you need to recoup development costs for things like resizing or improved oversampling, charge an upgrade fee. A simple "pay $40 dollars to upgrade all your T-RacksCS singles to T-Racks5 singles."

The products can be excellent (especially lately - MODO Bass, Leslie, Vari-Mu, Tape), but they get everything else so wrong. Every IK new product thread becomes a game of twenty [thousand] questions because users are so confused about these convoluted policies. Then Peter has to explain the same rules over and over again, deal with the backlash, etc.
[/

^^^ This

Ik multimedia is clearly managed by people who love their products more than their clients (we are right, they are wrong). These points have consistently been fed back for years, and any customer oriented company would have listened. The reason we give this feedback is because we hope they will change, not to be negative or complain. I have IK products, but always think twice before buying.

I’m sure there are people working for them who agrees with the points above, and are passionate about making the best possible product for their customers.p though.

i would say the thing I dislike the most about the IK activation is the 10 activations limit - why ? I can see no reason.

Return to “Effects”