Free filter plugin FiltR from GuDa Audio released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FiltR

Download from http://gudaaudio.com/filtr

Filter plugin with several filter types.

This is the same filters as in SynthR in a separate free plugin.

Transistor ladder, K 2 Pole and Diode ladder supports overdrive.

Gui is resizable and with a choice of different color sets.

Filter types:
  • Off.
  • Transistor ladder.
  • K 2 pole.
  • Diode ladder.
  • SVF 2p low pass.
  • SVF 2p high pass.
  • SVF 2p band pass.
  • Basic 2p low pass.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by davidguda on Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

David Guda gudaaudio.com

This looks very nice. There are surprisingly few filter plugins that are this simple and straightforward. It's a very useful tool to have around. Can't wait to see how it sounds.

Yes I noticed this too some while back when I was looking for a simple stand alone filter with some quality, especially for mac.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Thanks!

PTV wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:33 pmThanks!
You're welcome, hope you enjoy it.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Thanks for the filter, sounds good but not keen on the way you're showing the numbers for cutoff, resonance and drive

Maybe put the filter selector at the bottom of the filter under the logo and then it leaves more space for the numbers to show in the overlay bar as currently it overlays over the filter selector and it's a bit messy ? Or even have the numbers under the names ? It's minor though as the filter works great

I'll fiddle a bit and see if I find a way to show numbers without hiding over controls so much. It is the same parameter shower I use on my other products as well, it is just that FiltR is so small so the parameter shower gets relatively big here. It doesn't have to be this wide though, but centered it would still show over the filter type chooser.
Fare points, I'll think about it and promise nothing ;)
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:20 pm I'll fiddle a bit and see if I find a way to show numbers without hiding over controls so much. It is the same parameter shower I use on my other products as well, it is just that FiltR is so small so the parameter shower gets relatively big here. It doesn't have to be this wide though, but centered it would still show over the filter type chooser.
Like I said it was just minor, it's the sound that matters and it works great :tu:

Looking forward to trying it! :tu:

andymcbain wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:34 pm Looking forward to trying it! :tu:
Hope it works well for you!
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:20 pm I'll fiddle a bit and see if I find a way to show numbers without hiding over controls so much. It is the same parameter shower I use on my other products as well, it is just that FiltR is so small so the parameter shower gets relatively big here. It doesn't have to be this wide though, but centered it would still show over the filter type chooser.
Personally I would prefer the numbers shown to be static. I find that any movement or changes on the screen like tooltips or popup overlays is distracting when trying to focus on hearing what one is doing. To ingore it is by itself an effort of brainpower I rather put to more constructive use :D

Regardless of what happens to the GUI I want to say thanks for a great freebee, really appreciate it.

It could be a possibility to turn off the parameter shower in the menu, that should be easy enough.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:36 am It could be a possibility to turn off the parameter shower in the menu, that should be easy enough.
That is a solution I would appreciate very much in deed :tu:

Return to “Effects”