ChordPotion MIDI effect plug-in for chords and melodies

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ChordPotion

tatanka wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:03 pm Can confirm it works fine on Mulab and Mixcraft.

I would assume maybe there is something wrong with the channel routing in your Cubase Setup ? Of course I dont know but thats the reason for me to just use simple "rack" daw where you can just put anything on the same track and it just works cause the way cubase (for example) has to be configured before you can route any midi to a synth just drives me mad.
Another suggestion: maybe for drag and drop of the generated midi you might need allready enough empty tracks before you drag and drop (so for example if you have all 4 channels used in chordpotion you need 4 empty track already) ?

Well that was not the way I wanted to use it. I downloaded to see if Chordpotion could do about the same as Sonuscore´s The Orchestra can. So I wanted to set it up to play differents instruments for the different part and the way it worked out all instruments played all the parts in a big mess. It really blew my mind that changing midichannels did not work at all. There also seemed to be something weird cause I sent one track of midi to an external synth and it froze.

Really sorry to hear that it just wont work the way you want it to work. I know the trouble of having a decicated workflow but things wont work out that way.

Hard to give any help cause I just dont have cubase and I just worked in mixcraft the last hour exactly to make something comparable (not an orchestra but an ambient background composed of different kontatk instruments on different channels) and it just worked well.

What you might try to get a little bit closer to see where the problem might be: there is midi recorder (free) from HG sounds. It does "nothing" but record midi from another instrument but you can choose to make it record on multi tracks (so if you drag it you will get 4 channels on 4 tracks) or all on one track but with the different midi channels attached to the notes. Maybe it helps you to find out if there is something wrong in your setup or chord potion really cant do this in cubase.

I know that Hauke is usually very responsive and trying to fix evrything on his apps what is possible but without cubase this will be difficult of course.

Maybe someone else having cubase can try to comprehend this ?

I think it is between Cubase and ChordPotion cause there is a section in the manual about setting up channel filters, but it just does not work for me. So that is why I guessed it may be a disabled thing in the demo.

I'd like to understand if the following workflow is possible with ChordPotion. Say I have an instrument like Session Strings that is playing four parts from a four note chord (or for that matter, anything playing a four note chord). I would like to be able to control the rhythms of the four parts individually. In other words the input to each of the four slots would be only one note of the chord.

It seems like the layout of ChordPotion would enable this (four programmable slots each playing off one note), but currently the inputs to these are fixed to top/chord/bottom/extra so it's not possible to split them into the individual notes. Is there any way to do what I'm describing?

Hi form49b,

yes, something like this is possible! I prepared an example for you:

fysscpp1_7ceNrdWF1v2zYUfQ+Q -yBoj0NakXYcBbBT rN6yoViTIM76TkvX kjabFCg6cYb8+F2S kkXJdkvAaYBOhmHx 8uh+nHtEkB5-2KyW wSPIqhB8EpJ3URgA T0Ra8GwS-vVwfRaH H65OT05PxiXLoEFO RQoaPdD4gqewmYR4 VzKlQPIHWWQZyIfn UoPCgMnS3kfh6Ulg rurJBIjenYf2vgaP 0ImECtQNW+EYJ9fz Oyn+hkT9DhwkU5D+ yhT7CAshjffGo2JZ pR8QiWKPMMuLhTI5 pYAprQpeVKpIrlmi hJyEZ5hVlbAl3Auh boTq5qYnbtarOSCS 1kAN+rRelb9IyZ4R TdorvNJPjuvi+xR1 COoSjckUj5ainFUf AfiDWCc5pG5d5loC z1Q+CYdh8ARFlmNp BB1Uikn1B0iTPoYp 12om1jKxYwklMOVW Zi4kqGUnY6rJcmUT DgOOpf5ZB6QYMckZ 57DUc1fWU1NrpaCs 3OQ69V01Ycca57Cg h7bf1Eb7wpZrG7vf vUrJ9WqnBIyzFEmh nm2g9-sjETfSQRT1 Qg32o8bvXSasDhqT pyrI8aqIvVWhdf9N WWjQa+oiPlYX0Q+n ix5q6KLIIdS5l6-R m-F08d00T4-XvBb6 a4r+lTVPomNFT-9X ou-WNnjd2o5+ceib vDg9VPxm-Fx+txd5 UDv7NnLojTz3Ro68 kRfeyNgbeemNJJE- lPhDqT-Uv0-Ev1HE v1PEv1XEv1fEv1nE v1vUv1vUv1vUv1vU v1vUv1vUv1vUv1vU v1vUv1t02632+Ldz 9NQnRTNjj4rTXMj0 TiiEuCcuydMZmH3E gEQkvoiHl70lNMBj q0QXmFI1zSH5p9IL bZxSmiQjMh8ML0bx ZTRK6YicxykbRqPF IIYwUKK8s4VgoGEV zHGDseMaQV86S7S2 3Jq13aSHo-t6a3LL zXBW2nQ3+3zNxFIg crEw0M9rvWFpRtN2 a6KH1xsyCfHUmuPh ujbQ1rDH9+0T39ZD Xs70xzz3W1qotsIX wCGbL0HvhZDxavvM IdcW1mPBGh0irGHL ha7Jmg7zUc+3lFiD w4o1uMRYS4eb-W47 bDXpOgw1NstODXzh gm-56fudC6XEalcy 9USPIGtsCDojB9y5 4rGWlq-G0BJkDS1B +326fFlLV0uNje7Y XIIiK6GXn-CL9wdi HRQXbJRke8gy9i5X fc8G0jD3M6mfcZky BocoO97ytNehIysz dlkyhi5Jtekrr5xN 02GM1owN8Evtb+3n EEt9l6LU-5DhCvjZ LJL3YE5FgeBWrOb0 koH5Q84ipgI3f4yr IC0krqR67dxZGWRR LkEV-zbVLzp1LtwS 9aKtt5AZ4M1-PYv1 ww==_cpp1fyse

(Copy the text and then use "Clipboard icon" -> "Paste from clipboard")

Main concept: You will need to set the Chords row to "Nothing" because this row triggers all notes at once. The other rows "specialize" on one of the chord notes each. For example, the Bass row sequence always plays the "0" (first note of the chord), the Top row sequence always plays the "1" (second note of the chord), and the Extra row alternates between "2" and "3" (this is needed because there aren't enough rows available anymore to play all the notes of the four notes chord).
You can work with the octave menus to spread the notes in the instrument spectrum.
Click on the "Edit" buttons to try out your own rhythms.

Cheers,
Hauke of FeelYourSound
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

Could this function be included as a factory preset in an update?

Could this function be included as a factory preset in an update?
+1

I dont know how "flexible" chordpotion is in case of programming in this point (from your description it seems that borders already reached) but of course it would be great to have some starting presets like this for the most common cases (for example chord+bass, chord+bass+riff, chord+bass+riff+melody, chord+riff and so on) with a hint of the expected incoming notes (4 notes chord, 3 notes chord....). But not sure if it really would work that way compared to the way it is programmed now.

I can add something like this as a factory preset, sure. Maybe it's also worth to create a package for things like this.

tatanka: There are already some factory presets included for the playing styles that you describe. The "piano" styles work on several rows in parallel in many cases.
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

Thanks, Hauke! I had found with more experimentation that I could do what I wanted for three note chords in exactly the way you did it, with the chord slot disabled. It would be great if you could add the option to turn the chord slot into another single note slot, and ideally give a global note-in-chord offset for each slot. Then this use model would be compatible with four note chords and also with all the rhythm presets.

By the way, it looks like what I described is possible in Sundog Studio for 4 or more notes since you can define larger numbers of arps.

That sounds nice. Any progress on fixing the Cubase filter issue?
hauke wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:12 pm I can add something like this as a factory preset, sure. Maybe it's also worth to create a package for things like this.

tatanka: There are already some factory presets included for the playing styles that you describe. The "piano" styles work on several rows in parallel in many cases.

Return to “Effects”