Polyverse Music - Comet Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Comet

plexuss wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:51 pm Here's a 15 min long Comet tail... just for fun... Listen to how it changes over time! Very cool... :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/co ... il/s-fLuB7
Well done man! Pretty cool soundscaping :)

dionenoid wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 am
The best way to describe it is that Comet doesn't glue with the original sound as well as other reverbs do, which you can also hear pretty clearly in that sound example from plexuss.
Interestingly, this is exactly what I love so much about Comet. It alien'izes all the sounds passing into it. And I think that was their goal with it actually. I think it's brillant for pads, big drones and soundscapes. I wouldn't use it for subtle stuff personally.

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:34 am
The best way to describe it is that Comet doesn't glue with the original sound as well as other reverbs do, which you can also hear pretty clearly in that sound example from plexuss.
Interestingly, this is exactly what I love so much about Comet. It alien'izes all the sounds passing into it. And I think that was their goal with it actually. I think it's brillant for pads, big drones and soundscapes. I wouldn't use it for subtle stuff personally.
That's my take as well. In that long reverb tail track there is nothing but Comet going on there. I love how it mutates sound over time. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:38 am
Neon Breath wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:34 am
That's my take as well. In that long reverb tail track there is nothing but Comet going on there. I love how it mutates sound over time. :phones:
Different folks, different strokes. I prefer Blackhole and Shimmer for that kind of stuff.
More BPM please

Valhalla Ubermod is very very good at those kind of tasks too. :love: :tu:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Julien Unison wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:55 pm Valhalla Ubermod is very very good at those kind of tasks too. :love: :tu:
Yes indeed :tu:
More BPM please

Argh why did I test this. One of the most beautiful drone machines I've come across. I don't know what on earth you guys did with the algorithm but every control does exactly what you want it to, which is rare for me with a reverb. Normally it's a lot of fine tuning to dial in the perfect balance of damp/size/detuning/diffusion to get a drone right at that point where it's not quite noisy and not quite perfectly tonal, but you can work your way there extremely quickly with Comet! Really impressed.

antic604 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:26 am Unlike their previous devices, this one doesn't seem very exciting. But maybe that's the goal and it's supposed to be a (very good) "normal" reverb rather than creative FX to f**k up your sounds ;)
Comet actually has more in common with Manipulator to f*k sounds than you may think (while sounding smoother in the space its moving within), you get very similar alien vocals using certain techniques:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMqxenlo54c (sorry for the noise at the beginning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vOEfqQKqKM

A new version of comet is available for you guys to check out!
we have implemented Neon Breath's suggestion for a kill button and also added some extra MIDI and CV functionality

Comet's new MIDI features include using MIDI key follow to change the pitch of your reverb in real time, using pitch bend on reverb, morphing between presets with pre-configured hotkeys, changing presets with MIDI CC, and a panic button to stop decay.

We've also added the ability to send CV signal to control Comet. Just like external gear, our Gatekeeper plugin is a perfect companion to creating CV signal for Comet.
:borg: Polyverse Music :borg:

AssafDarSagol wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:15 pm A new version of comet is available for you guys to check out!
we have implemented Neon Breath's suggestion for a kill button and also added some extra MIDI and CV functionality

Comet's new MIDI features include using MIDI key follow to change the pitch of your reverb in real time, using pitch bend on reverb, morphing between presets with pre-configured hotkeys, changing presets with MIDI CC, and a panic button to stop decay.

We've also added the ability to send CV signal to control Comet. Just like external gear, our Gatekeeper plugin is a perfect companion to creating CV signal for Comet.
:clap:

That kill/panic is very useful, especially while designing sounds. Already used it many times first night after updating. Thanks so much for listening! :hug:

Hi,

Thank you very much for these indeed nice new features :)
Will test them in the following days!

While designing sounds, I found it quite embarrassing not having a bypass button directly on the Comet's GUI.
I have to switch the plugin off in my DAW or bring the slider down to dry each time, which slow down a little bit the workflow of sound designing and comparing the dry sound vs effected one.

Would just like to share it here to know if you guys could have the same need?

Thanks!
GilJ.

I'd love a ducking feature...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Does anyone else have an issue with the latest update where 'Size' responds to MIDI and there is no way to disable? When using on individual tracks this feature does not make a lot of sense when you don't want the Size modulated.

DJErmac wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:23 pm I'd love a ducking feature...
Run it through a compressor or gate with sidechain? :phones:

plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:29 pm
DJErmac wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:23 pm I'd love a ducking feature...
Run it through a compressor or gate with sidechain? :phones:
For the moment I use DDMF Metaplugin to make my own ducking feature but I'm afraid it uses more CPU than needed...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Return to “Effects”