Polyverse Music - Comet Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Comet

https://polyversemusic.com/products/comet/

Looks like it's trying to position itself somewhere between Zynaptiq's Adaptiverb and Eventide's Blackhole. Distinguishing features appear to be ability to morph between 5 presets with glide, and ultra-diffuse infinite verbs for pads.

https://youtu.be/3v__qVJf3Mk

I would have thought most verbs can actually emulate glides just by automating the size parameter, just that most don't as it usually doesn't sound that great.

Unlike their previous devices, this one doesn't seem very exciting. But maybe that's the goal and it's supposed to be a (very good) "normal" reverb rather than creative FX to f**k up your sounds ;)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:26 am Unlike their previous devices, this one doesn't seem very exciting. But maybe that's the goal and it's supposed to be a (very good) "normal" reverb rather than creative FX to f**k up your sounds ;)
I think the glide is quite unique and one of the main feature here, and for some reason it looks to me more attractive than Blackhole. And this demo video is pure mental healing) Will be watching it over and over :lol:

Blackhole does the glide too, although it essentially can only morph between two presets rather than five. Seems that the reverb is still echo based though so you're going to get these pitch changes regardless, would have thought a spectral/granular approach to verb would have been better for morphing between extreme size changes without pitch artifacts, although clearly this isn't an issue for others.

It seems good but I have nearly as many verbs as compressors so I'll pass even though I really like Polyverse stuff

Hi,demo version is available?
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

strovoknights wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:09 pm Hi,demo version is available?
https://polyversemusic.com/support/

Go to Comet tab, downloads and you can get the demo

Thanks!!
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

antic604 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:26 am Unlike their previous devices, this one doesn't seem very exciting. But maybe that's the goal and it's supposed to be a (very good) "normal" reverb rather than creative FX to f**k up your sounds ;)
I thought this at first. I went in thinking 'meh', and granted I haven't played with any reverbs with a glide parameter before, but once you start figuring out how to dial in the glide (can be modulated even) & you set up a modulator to morph between presets (you can duplicate one preset by dragging it to other slots) and get some crazy morphs / modulations going, this thing can REALLY f*ck your sounds. I'm actually mad because I didn't want to buy another reverb but this one is pretty interesting (and deceptively simple looking!)

Well, it sounds more interesting than I thought. With such few controls, I expected a tasteless sound. But actually, it sounds quite good. Only the tail is quite abrupt, which won't be a bad point for all musical genres.
I'm not sincerely interested in the morphing between presets capabilities, but the base sound is really, really nice. I guess there are few controls because they knew what they were doing and wanted you to quickly deal with the parameters.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I don’t want or need another reverb but, this is different enough and sounds good enough to make me think about it.

its very musical! makes everything glue and sound beast!

This is a Very Nice Reverb, but I'm not a fan of the pitch-glide sound that I would hear when switching presets to morph between them. I will most likely use it without the morph feature.

The high quality long reverbs are what attract me to Comet.

Maybe a good time to buy the beta-version since it is available at a reduced price. I wonder when the non-beta official release version will be out.

I tried the demo. nice but not worth $80 to me. blackhole etc will suffice. comet doesnt seem that versatile to me. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:23 pm I tried the demo. nice but not worth $80 to me. blackhole etc will suffice. comet doesnt seem that versatile to me. :phones:
Thanks for the feedback. I have Blackhole, and love it.

So, I'm trying to decide if Comet is worth buying, or if it offers a better quality long reverb, compared to Blackhole, I am not interested in the Comet morph feature, but rather the quality of the long decays, and how they compare to Blackhole.

Return to “Effects”