denise releases the Noize 2 and went out to sample Berlin for it

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Noize 2

Denise.Audio wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:41 am Although, the Noize Retro is temporary and will be removed from our pages in the coming weeks.
You're planning to deprecate a product that's only existed for a few months? That raises some alarm bells about long-term support even if this one is mostly a giveaway...

v1o wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:39 am Congrats on the new release will be testing it today. It's a no brainer at the current upgrade price/
Thanks v1o, I'm pleased you agree with the upgrade and have fun with it!
Denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.deniseaudio.com

imrae wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:46 pm
Denise.Audio wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:41 am Although, the Noize Retro is temporary and will be removed from our pages in the coming weeks.
You're planning to deprecate a product that's only existed for a few months? That raises some alarm bells about long-term support even if this one is mostly a giveaway...
Hey imrae, the Noize Retro was always planned to be a temporary plugin and removed after we released the Noize 2. We aim to inform producers about our intentions in the best way we can, through our mailing list, forums posts and social media. The Noize 1 and 2 are very much long term plugins, and support will be available for these plugins for the forseeable future.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Joe
www.deniseaudio.com

I think all features of Retro are available in Noize 2, so it was really more like a "demo version" of that. However one problem with making plugins unavailable is that if you come back to a project later and no longer have the plugin, it might not load correctly.

Also, releasing a paid update so soon is a bit annoying, even if it's not a lot of money ($3.80 for me at PB with some credits). Releasing free updates is a good way to build customer goodwill and trust :)

I forgot to add Berlin Sample when I checked out my noize2 upgrade... Is there anyway for me to get the half price deal now?
Trance, Trance Is Life

Confused.

I got Noize 2 Upgrade from Noize 1

I haven't had a chance to install yet. Do I need to download additional sample content with the plugin? There's nothing additional in my PluginBoutique Account.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

v3 then with easter discount? :lol: :lol: :lol: too fishy for me

Noise was very cheap to begin with. Texture by Devious Machines was nearly 5 times more expensive.

Noize 1 plus update + Berlin noises is only a couple of bucks less than Texture is now (it's on sale again, and the updates have all been free). Texture has hundreds of noises, eq, modulation, sidechain triggers, granular synthesis of your own samples, better envelope shaping etc. It's not even a fair comparison.

Denise could have just added all their new noises plus the one from Noize Retro in 1 plug-in, as an update. But in stead they charge you money for 3 extra noises, charge extra money for the Berlin pack, and on top of that you still have to use Noize Retro if you want that particular noise.

And i asked a couple of times why they didn't add the noise from Noize Retro (which has less functions than the old Noize btw) to Noize itself but have yet to get an answer.

Very fishy indeed. Another company to ignore...
More BPM please

For those saying that 5-month cycle for a new version is too short, a few points:

1. It's a new feature set. Not unreasonable to be a separate plugin

2. The upgrade to a new feature set is $5 right now at PB

3. Did your v1 stop working? Nothing stops you from enjoying the original plugin. They created NEW features and those are in a new plugin. It would be unreasonable to buy a v1 plugin expecting completely new features to be added to that plugin later on. That's not usually how things are done, only maintenance and bug fixes usually go on your current version. V2 is more than a maintenance release.

4. I hope DeniseAudio will continue to support v1 for those that bought that version and do not want to invest in the upgrade. Plugins support should not be abandoned when there are recent paid users using the plugin.

dionenoid wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:37 pm Noize 1 plus update + Berlin noises is only a couple of bucks less than Texture is now (it's on sale again, and the updates have all been free). Texture has hundreds of noises, eq, modulation, sidechain triggers, granular synthesis of your own samples, better envelope shaping etc. It's not even a fair comparison.

Denise could have just added all their new noises plus the one from Noize Retro in 1 plug-in, as an update. But in stead they charge you money for 3 extra noises, charge extra money for the Berlin pack, and on top of that you still have to use Noize Retro if you want that particular noise.

And i asked a couple of times why they didn't add the noise from Noize Retro (which has less functions than the old Noize btw) to Noize itself but have yet to get an answer.

Very fishy indeed. Another company to ignore...
I think Noize was something like €15 when it came out?

I bet Denise will add the noise from Retro. They have a stellar record of listening to customers if there is sufficient demand.

perpetual3 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:27 pm I think Noize was something like €15 when it came out?
€19, it's now €23.99. Noize 2 is €33.99. The upgrade from 1 is half the difference, €4.99. Extrapolate the upgrade price to a year and you're looking at a €12/year subscription.

You don't *have* to buy every new version that comes out, so calling it a subscription is a bit harsh.

If people vote with their wallets and don't buy the updates if they feel they don't add enough value, Denise will have to change their business model. If people do buy the updates, it means their current business model is working.

It’s still much cheaper than Texture, which is $65 on sale, normally $105. Yes, texture does a lot more so the comparison isn’t “fair,” which also includes the comparison on upgrade pricing.

Extrapolating the upgrade price to a subscription is doesn’t make sense either. With a subscription model, if you don’t pay one installment you lose all functionality. That isn’t the case here.

hhuang9611 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:43 pm I forgot to add Berlin Sample when I checked out my noize2 upgrade... Is there anyway for me to get the half price deal now?
Hi hhuang9611

Please send us an email to contact@denise.io and we'll see what we can do for you.

Joe
www.deniseaudio.com

Return to “Effects”