Acon Digital Verberate 2 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:14 pm Okay, simply deleting Verberate and renaming Verberate2 kind of did the trick, even though it didn't really load the parameters properly.
I definitely wouldn't recommend doing that and it serves no purpose. As you see, the parameters don't load correctly.
jens wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:14 pmMy first quick impression is that it really sounds lovely - but the German translation is really cute. These are some of the most silly words imagineable - it didn't ask me what language to install btw. - what the f**k? :lol: :help:
I'm glad to hear that you like the sound of it. You can change the UI language in the preferences if you prefer (please click the menu button in the upper right corner of the plug-in window).

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:18 pm
jens wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:54 pm The vendor sets the ID so I'd think it's easy for the vendor two include two alternative .dll files in the installer and then actually install either of these depending on the user's choice.

But as it is I guess I'll have to get my hands dirty, do some hunting around for infos and stuff...
I'm afraid we cannot provide two different version of the same plug-in with different IDs. It would make it very difficult to offer support.

Best,
Stian
hm... I see.
Last edited by jens on Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

stian wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:22 pm
jens wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:14 pm Okay, simply deleting Verberate and renaming Verberate2 kind of did the trick, even though it didn't really load the parameters properly.
I definitely wouldn't recommend doing that and it serves no purpose. As you see, the parameters don't load correctly.
TBH I still prefer it over having two different version of the same plugin where one seems to be completely superior over the other in every regard. That just doesn't make any sense to me.
jens wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:14 pmMy first quick impression is that it really sounds lovely - but the German translation is really cute. These are some of the most silly words imagineable - it didn't ask me what language to install btw. - what the f**k? :lol: :help:
I'm glad to hear that you like the sound of it. You can change the UI language in the preferences if you prefer (please click the menu button in the upper right corner of the plug-in window).

Best,
Stian

Much better! Thanks!!!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:41 pm TBH I still prefer it over having two different version of the same plugin where one seems to be completely superior over the other in every regard. That just doesn't make any sense to me.
The problem is backwards compatibility that we cannot guarantee with every host. A new plug-in with new IDs is the common approach when adding major new features as you can see by the examples mentioned earlier in this thread.
jens wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:14 pm Much better! Thanks!!!
:tu:

Best,
Stian

If anyone is still on the fence (before the intro offer ends).

I made a ton of audio demo HERE you can checkout, (oh and a nifty new expansion set.) :)

SteveWZ wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:23 am If anyone is still on the fence (before the intro offer ends).

I made a ton of audio demo HERE you can checkout, (oh and a nifty new expansion set.) :)
Cool, some really nice presets there! :)

Best,
Stian

I am really enjoying this reverb.
Sounds a bit more realistic then some of the others out there.
Also like how it has a clarity to it.
Nice step up from V1.

TheSynthScientist wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:32 am I am really enjoying this reverb.
Sounds a bit more realistic then some of the others out there.
Also like how it has a clarity to it.
Nice step up from V1.
Thanks, glad to hear that! :)

Best,
Stian

We've just released the immersive version of Verberate 2: https://acondigital.com/news/verberate- ... thm-in-3d/

The immersive version support surround and immersive formats up to 7.1.6. It has independent panners for the dry signal, reverb and early reflections. Additional, there's an input EQ sections along with the output EQ in the stereo version.

https://youtu.be/xqQtsZNpaac

Best,
Stian

As of today I'm clueless about surround.
Is it only used for the film and tv-series industry?

About the new algorithm, after a couple months I must say it by far exceeded my expectations. I upgraded to v2 "just because" I liked v1 and trusted Acon... but seriously the new algorithm together with some added stereo width and modulation can go huge and wild if needed. This makes the plugin better and more versatile.
The legacy algo still very nice and good to have for more subtle reverberation, at least thats my feeling.

Niowiad wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:33 pm As of today I'm clueless about surround.
Surround never quite picked up for music, so the customers are mainly working with post production for film and video. The plug-in itself is still very well suited for music, though.
Niowiad wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:33 pmAbout the new algorithm, after a couple months I must say it by far exceeded my expectations. I upgraded to v2 "just because" I liked v1 and trusted Acon... but seriously the new algorithm together with some added stereo width and modulation can go huge and wild if needed. This makes the plugin better and more versatile.
The legacy algo still very nice and good to have for more subtle reverberation, at least thats my feeling.
Thanks for the awesome feedback -- it's great to hear that.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:27 am
SteveWZ wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:23 am If anyone is still on the fence (before the intro offer ends).

Cool, some really nice presets there! :)

Best,
Stian
Agreed, a nice combination for sure.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

stian wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:14 pm
Niowiad wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:33 pm As of today I'm clueless about surround.
Surround never quite picked up for music, so the customers are mainly working with post production for film and video. The plug-in itself is still very well suited for music, though.
Niowiad wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:33 pmAbout the new algorithm, after a couple months I must say it by far exceeded my expectations. I upgraded to v2 "just because" I liked v1 and trusted Acon... but seriously the new algorithm together with some added stereo width and modulation can go huge and wild if needed. This makes the plugin better and more versatile.
Thanks for the awesome feedback -- it's great to hear that.

Best,
Stian
I’m about to buy Verberate 2, the stereo version, can you use the Immersive version for just stereo as well as surround and would there be any benefits of buying this version other than a surround sound project? Thanks in advance.

I had a very similar question. I have Verberate 2, stereo version. I do not use surround, only stereo. Would I have any advantage whatsoever in upgrading to the Immersive version (if I am going to use it only in stereo)?

simmo75 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:28 pm I’m about to buy Verberate 2, the stereo version, can you use the Immersive version for just stereo as well as surround and would there be any benefits of buying this version other than a surround sound project? Thanks in advance.
XComposer wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:32 pm I had a very similar question. I have Verberate 2, stereo version. I do not use surround, only stereo. Would I have any advantage whatsoever in upgrading to the Immersive version (if I am going to use it only in stereo)?
Thanks for the interest! The immersive version works fine with mono / stereo as well. Compared to the stereo version, you will be able to control the panning of the dry signal, reverberation and the early reflections. There's also an input equalizer in addition to the output equalizer present in the stereo version. Otherwise, there's no difference.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Effects”