Acon Digital Verberate 2 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3ee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:02 am sounding awesome, great job Acon Digital! :love: :tu:

here's a video featuring v2, have no idea what he's saying but reverb sounds amazing!
[video]
I'm almost sure that at some point he says Verberate.
Well, almost...

Thanks for sharing, indeed this reverb sounds really great.

A brisk, modulated hall designed specifically for guitars using the new Vivid Hall algorithm (and other new features) in Acon Digital Verberate 2:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... erberate-2

SteveWZ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm
Niowiad wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:16 pm Modulation is there, although very very subtle, more than v1.
For visual feedback, put any sustained waveshape through a spectrum analyzer and see what's happening, you can definitely see the spectrum moving with modulation going on, and standing still with modulation at 0%.

Much more difficult to hear (and even see) when non-sustained, non-static and more complex sounds are passing through the reverb, but not really an issue for me at least, when I'm using Verberate and I'm after more "natural" sounding effect without too much movement.

With the new algo it seems like you always have some subtle drift going on, still in a natural fashion.
The modulation can be pronounced and very lush if desired.
Here is an example of that with the new Vivid Hall algorithm:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... erberate-2
Nice!

SteveWZ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm The modulation can be pronounced and very lush if desired.
Here is an example of that with the new Vivid Hall algorithm:
He was talking about V2 as compared to V1 - Vivid Hall is a V2 exclusive new algorithm, so has nothing at all to do with what he means. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

haha .. is anybody ready to retire their Bricasti reverb? :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxUc1wyvc4
:D

3ee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:34 pm haha .. is anybody ready to retire their Bricasti reverb? :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxUc1wyvc4
:D
They sound completely different to me. The Bricasti is more complex but without causing any congestion. It would be more interesting to hear a comparison between the Bricasti and Liquidsonics 7th Heaven Pro which is a variant sourced from the Bricasti, apparently. :phones:

Beautiful job on v2. Congrats and thanks for your hard work. Bought.

Hi Stian, upgraded to Verberate 2, really enjoying the new Vivid Hall algorithm.

A couple comments:
- Like with Equalize 2, the font appears both a little smaller AND more aliased compared to v. 1 which impacts readability on my non-HD displays. Wouldn't be an issue if plugin was scaleable, not just re-sizeable.
- Are there any presets in v2 that use the Legacy Hall algorithm? To my ears that algo is still totally viable and you're not showcasing the full range of the plugin by putting so much emphasis on Vivid Hall. The cleanness of Legacy Hall rivals Relab VSR24 for clarity and realism in a much easier to use package.

Winstontaneous wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 am - Like with Equalize 2, the font appears both a little smaller AND more aliased compared to v. 1 which impacts readability on my non-HD displays. Wouldn't be an issue if plugin was scaleable, not just re-sizeable.
Same here. I wish fonts would increase while resizing the GUI.

zentatonic wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:11 pm Beautiful job on v2. Congrats and thanks for your hard work. Bought.
Thank you very much! :)

Best,
Stian

Winstontaneous wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 am Hi Stian, upgraded to Verberate 2, really enjoying the new Vivid Hall algorithm.

A couple comments:
- Like with Equalize 2, the font appears both a little smaller AND more aliased compared to v. 1 which impacts readability on my non-HD displays. Wouldn't be an issue if plugin was scaleable, not just re-sizeable.
- Are there any presets in v2 that use the Legacy Hall algorithm? To my ears that algo is still totally viable and you're not showcasing the full range of the plugin by putting so much emphasis on Vivid Hall. The cleanness of Legacy Hall rivals Relab VSR24 for clarity and realism in a much easier to use package.
Thank you very much! :) Yes, scalable UIs is on the to-do list. I won't implement scaling so that the UI scaling follows the window size as I don't like that approach, but I'll add UI scaling in percent in the preferences.

Regarding the legacy hall, the Verberate 2 can load presets from v1 if you want to use those. We focused in Vivid Hall because all our testers (including myself) preferred Vivid Hall over Legacy Hall.

Best,
Stian

sinkmusic wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:33 am
Winstontaneous wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 am - Like with Equalize 2, the font appears both a little smaller AND more aliased compared to v. 1 which impacts readability on my non-HD displays. Wouldn't be an issue if plugin was scaleable, not just re-sizeable.
Same here. I wish fonts would increase while resizing the GUI.
Thanks for the feedback, but I don't think that's the right approach, to be honest (no applications do that, so why should plug-ins do so?). I plan to add font scaling option in the preferences, though, as I mentioned above.

Best,
Stian

Bought the v2 upgrade.
Last year I decided to clean the vst folder, sell some, and settle on a limited amount of reverbs to avoid choice overload (less than 10, considering all the various reverb categories), Verberate definitely
holds its place in the selection.
:harp:

Niowiad wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:38 am Bought the v2 upgrade.
Last year I decided to clean the vst folder, sell some, and settle on a limited amount of reverbs to avoid choice overload (less than 10, considering all the various reverb categories), Verberate definitely
holds its place in the selection.
:harp:
That's awesome! :tu:

Best,
Stian

Purchased the upgrade. I don’t have too many but this is definitely the highest quality reverb I own.

Return to “Effects”