Acon Digital Verberate 2 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Modulation is there, although very very subtle, more than v1.
For visual feedback, put any sustained waveshape through a spectrum analyzer and see what's happening, you can definitely see the spectrum moving with modulation going on, and standing still with modulation at 0%.

Much more difficult to hear (and even see) when non-sustained, non-static and more complex sounds are passing through the reverb, but not really an issue for me at least, when I'm using Verberate and I'm after more "natural" sounding effect without too much movement.

With the new algo it seems like you always have some subtle drift going on, still in a natural fashion.

Niowiad Ok will try with various analyzers, and then write about results. (Though fact by itself that it works not the same as in previous version seems to me not quite right, but ok).

Can somebody say something about the new "Vivid" algorithmn for plates? How does the plate compare eg. to Valhalla Plate if we speak about something like the EMT 140?

Need to say i quite liked new engine during trying (especially his modulation system, that works very noticeable in any stage :D , bloom+swirl features i mean). For just in case.
And almost bought subject, but was puzzled by the above problem.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:23 pm Need to say i quite liked new engine during trying (especially his modulation system, that works very noticeable in any stage :D , bloom+swirl features i mean). For just in case.
We'll check out this issue. If there's a difference in the modulation depth between v1 and v2 (if yes, it was unintentional), we will need to be careful not to break backwards compatibility with v2 parameter recall. The best approach is probably to increase the value range and map the values accordingly when importing v1 presets.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:02 am
c_voltage wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:23 pm Need to say i quite liked new engine during trying (especially his modulation system, that works very noticeable in any stage :D , bloom+swirl features i mean). For just in case.
We'll check out this issue. If there's a difference in the modulation depth between v1 and v2 (if yes, it was unintentional), we will need to be careful not to break backwards compatibility with v2 parameter recall. The best approach is probably to increase the value range and map the values accordingly when importing v1 presets.

Best,
Stian
Ok, thanks, sounds good.

I did not check yet v2 mod impact thru analyzers though (sorry for that), but did compare again v1 and v2 mod impact by ear (both plugs was ajusted with identical settings).

So, my words (above, about v1) "i hear.....just fine" perhaps exaggerated a bit. More rightly will be say " it is really subtle, but i hear", while in v2 i really Not hear.

The next thing that could be note: during rotate Mod rate and Mod depth handles in v1, we hear specific artefact, similar to which we can get when adjusting room size in some other reverbs during sounding tail. Ie we hear - something is works. While in v2 absolutely silence during rotate. What somehow suggests.

Niowiad wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:16 pm Modulation is there, although very very subtle, more than v1.
For visual feedback, put any sustained waveshape through a spectrum analyzer and see what's happening, you can definitely see the spectrum moving with modulation going on, and standing still with modulation at 0%.

Much more difficult to hear (and even see) when non-sustained, non-static and more complex sounds are passing through the reverb, but not really an issue for me at least, when I'm using Verberate and I'm after more "natural" sounding effect without too much movement.

With the new algo it seems like you always have some subtle drift going on, still in a natural fashion.
The modulation can be pronounced and very lush if desired.
Here is an example of that with the new Vivid Hall algorithm:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... erberate-2

deleted

SteveWZ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm
Niowiad wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:16 pm Modulation is there, although very very subtle, more than v1.

Nice, i may have to pick this reverb up.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Very nice reverb...Wish: sidechain ducking

SteveWZ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm

Perfectly agree on that and never stated otherwise. :wink:
Most of my post was about the Legacy algorithm.
The last sentence about Vivid having subtle drift was referred to 0% swirl, above which sure can make the modulation prominent in the sound.

Got upgrade today, first off: congrats!
It`s a unique, lightweight reverb and to my ears improved.

In case of v2 upgrades:
If technically doable, I`d enjoy a switchable pre-post eq.
A separation of reverb and er?
A ducking feature.

It`s a natural reverb (to me)
so all in all I`d rather prefer enhanced functionality than additional fx.

Btw, Paddle service works frictionless and fast, enjoyable.

Thanks again for the upgrade intro price!
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

I have the verberate version that was recently included in an acoustica update.
Is that also eligible for the update pricing?

sounding awesome, great job Acon Digital! :love: :tu:

here's a video featuring v2, have no idea what he's saying but reverb sounds amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL0a15QF160

would be interesting if the filter band types were switchable... say, if one wants 2-3 peak filters within the decay/feedback path..

Return to “Effects”