Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

phaded wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:50 pm
fceramic wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:20 pm Like with all UA plugs there's a lot of features and settings, but it's not very musically designed. A plugin like Echobode is meticulously crafted to offer tons of variation with very few controls. Triad is like a nightmare when it comes to UX. Just hurts to navigate it and so many unnecessary parameters. I'm sure lots of people love having loads of control and options, but it's not for me.
Respectfully, I don't think comparing Echobode vs Tiad is fair, although the overall point is understood. Echobode *is* as described, and its great to have great sound / few control tools like that in the arsenal.

That said, BYOME / Triad are both modular beasts. The inherent complexity / extra parameters come with the territory.
Agreed. Comparing Echobode to TRIAD is kind of like comparing an ultralight plane with an F-22 Raptor.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

fceramic wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:20 pm Like with all UA plugs there's a lot of features and settings, but it's not very musically designed.
I love that about them, but to each their own of course. For my type of music these are :pray: It’s on 3 tracks already and haven’t even begun to fully explore the potential, just using the 3 band mode on send to chew up sounds.

it isn't musically designed, i do not agree, for me personally. it is a modular approach, that makes it perhaps more difficult, and i get that can feel as non musical. so i do not "attack" your feeling, your experience with UA, on the contrary.
i am used to soft-modulars (own the 3 "big" ones), so the modular approach is for me, by experience of course, musical. sometimes more musical...

so, why do i write this? if you do not like the potential of UA, and your experience with the workflow does not work for you, there are many alternatives, and you can get with effect chains also quite interesting results.

there are many routes to take, workflow is indeed important, it must not frustrate your goals.

NEWS FLASH

PA-MEGA-SALE-20-OFF is working to reduce $49 to $29

hop on it before they fix it if it's not intended

I have Triad and use it everywhere. A great tool, maybe not if you use Ableton or Bitwig Instruments Racks and have a lot of effect plugins or use Reactor, but for me it's very very useful. From quick subtle fixes to extreme setting, everyhing is possible and the workflow is super. The only thing is not optimal is the horizontal scrolling. But it's ok.

I demoed some other UA plugins and I don't think they offer a lot that Triad does not have. Am I right? There some exotic features like freeze in Sandman, that are missing, but I think Triad contains all the most important stuff from earlier UA plugin (Pitch and Frequency Shifters from Fault, most effects from SpecOps, Compression from Zip, most delay modes from Sandman, gate from G8, distortion from Dent). So I should buy something else from PA?

graspee wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:40 am NEWS FLASH

Still says $49 for me

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:49 am
graspee wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:40 am NEWS FLASH

Still says $49 for me
You entered PA-MEGA-SALE-20-OFF in the voucher box?

Oh it said I couldn't but it does appear to work regardless

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:59 pm Oh it said I couldn't but it does appear to work regardless
:hihi:
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:59 pm Oh it said I couldn't but it does appear to work regardless
This kinda crap is really annoying for those of us who "followed the rules" and were told that the price for Triad would never change.

Even though it isn't intended, this is the second time they've screwed up the coupon rules for Triad inside of a month since the release. This just makes me want to support PA less and less in the future.

By the price will never change I think they meant that you wouldn't lose the ability to buy it for $49, it wouldn't go UP for BYOME owners.

BTW Semi-on topic there was a mailshot today, dunno if you got it but it says they are shaking things up and there are going to be lower prices and new partners.

graspee wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:36 pm By the price will never change I think they meant that you wouldn't lose the ability to buy it for $49, it wouldn't go UP for BYOME owners.

BTW Semi-on topic there was a mailshot today, dunno if you got it but it says they are shaking things up and there are going to be lower prices and new partners.
UA has stated multiple times that the Triad upgrade price for BYOME owners was not going to be eligible for dynamic discounts.

Tappistry wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 pm
graspee wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:36 pm By the price will never change I think they meant that you wouldn't lose the ability to buy it for $49, it wouldn't go UP for BYOME owners.

UA has stated multiple times that the Triad upgrade price for BYOME owners was not going to be eligible for dynamic discounts.
Dynamic discounts is where you get money off for buying lots of stuff at the same time isn't it? I don't think dynamic discounts refers to monthly vouchers or opportunity vouchers like the one I just posted.

graspee wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Dynamic discounts is where you get money off for buying lots of stuff at the same time isn't it? I don't think dynamic discounts refers to monthly vouchers or opportunity vouchers like the one I just posted?
My understanding was that it wasn’t going to be eligible for any discounts at all, no monthly vouchers, dynamic, coupons, whatever.

Tappistry wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:28 pm
graspee wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Dynamic discounts is where you get money off for buying lots of stuff at the same time isn't it? I don't think dynamic discounts refers to monthly vouchers or opportunity vouchers like the one I just posted?
My understanding was that it wasn’t going to be eligible for any discounts at all, no monthly vouchers, dynamic, coupons, whatever.
Graspee posted an email earlier in this thread with a reply from PA saying the price for Byome owners would stay at $49 even after the opening sale and that people could wait until next month and use their vouchers.

Return to “Effects”