Nice free convolution reverb !!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good freebie. Bit of a CPU hog though. But it's freeee!
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

goldglob wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:03 am Etienne1973,
OK, I have Convology on a send track in REAPER. I pan the send itself (not the send track output) full left.
With a quad file loaded 100% wet I hear reverb in L and R outputs, which seems to agree with the True Stereo diagram in your post.
But with a 2 channel file loaded I'm not getting what your Mono to Stereo diagram indicates....100% dry is heard full left, 100% wet is heard full left!
So I'm still puzzled....?
If I load the 2ch File 'Samplicity M7 32Bit/48kHz > 1 Halls 01 Large Hall M-to-S.wav' then it seems to me Convology XT does the following:

Parallel Stereo

The left input channel is convolved with the left impulse response file channel and the right input channel is convolved with the right impulse response file channel. This is the typical configuration for stereo convolution reverbs when used with stereo impulse responses, although when input audio is panned left or right, using ‘Mono to Stereo’ may provide more intuitive results.

Source: Liquidsonics Reverberate 2 Manual

https://soundcloud.com/etienne73/convol ... ce/s-9ae8K

Boone777 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:57 pmDoes it do true stereo ?
impulse record wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:43 pmStereo is traditional 2 channel left and right. Without giving too much away, there is another potential plug in dev that will develop true stereo and beyond...
@impulse record: So quad files can be loaded but Convology XT has no true stereo functionality?

Etienne1973,
yes, with a 2 channel IR loaded it does indeed seem to be Parallel Stereo.
But with a quad file loaded and source panned hard left I'm hearing reverb in L and R, which seems to suggest True Stereo.
So is Convology switching configuration internally depending on whether seeing a 2 channel or 4 channel IR?

BUT another thing. I mentioned earlier that when I first loaded a quad file the info in the display strip indicated 2-channel but on a later session I noticed that 4-channel was displayed. Well guess what, I'm looking now at two instances of Convology (with the same quad file loaded) on two separate tracks....on one track it shows 2-channel, on the other track it shows 4-channel! And on the one showing 2-channel it behaves as parallel stereo (even though a quad file is loaded). So when testing things check what it's showing. Seems like a bug...I'll report it to Impulse Records.

sinkmusic wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:47 pm
Wyrrdbryyngr wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 pmin the latest version!
How did you get notified a bout new versions ? Is there a newsletter, or an integrated update checker in the plugin ?
I emailed the dev about a bug (it crashes Reaper when loading any 5.1 file) and they said it's fixed in the next version. Idk how to check when there's an update though. The download doesn't specify date or version. There is a mailing list you can sign up for when you download.

I did get an email from WaveArts a while back about this plugin.
The email linked to a page where you can check the version history, as well a find a manual for it.
https://wavearts.com/products/plugins/c ... 20software

Hopefully this helps.

- Jay

Return to “Effects”