Nice free convolution reverb !!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure if this one is exactly new, but I happened across it today.
I didn't see anything about it on KVR, so figured I'd mention it.

https://impulserecord.com/project/convology-xt-plugin/

The plugin itself looks like it's actually written by Wave Arts, for a company called "Impulse Record" who does the IR's.

It's kind of an intro to Impulse Record's IR libraries, to get you to buy the full deal of course, but the included samples are all very useable and sound really good on their own !

Also you can load your own IR's and save them as presets, all without any nagging or hounding you to buy more stuff (that alone would actually make me want to buy stuff from them). :)

No affiliation, just very impressed with a nice freebie that doesn't hound you endlessly to buy more crap ! :D

- Jay

good tip thankyou

Yep, that looks interesting. Thanks!

:tu: It looks new to me too!
I have not tried this one yet but sounds like it will be in my top 3 free convolution reverb plug-ins along with Melda one and best service one.

Thank you for the refresh info.

Thanks for the heads up. This is a nice little Convo plugin. It allows you to load third party impulses as well. Does seem to take a bit of CPU but I haven't really put it through any serious tests.

Thanks to all for this free plugin..... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

True stereo ?? It does'nt say. I think there are no true stereo freebie available except an old yellow entry in an old KVR Developers challenge. And it is buggy.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

It looks awesome, now to try :D

Boone777 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:13 pm True stereo ?? It does'nt say. I think there are no true stereo freebie available except an old yellow entry in an old KVR Developers challenge. And it is buggy.
The Signaldust convolution prototype that was available on KVR at some point was true stereo capable. Today Ignite Amps released their new version of Nadir, but I think it's specialized on short guitar cab impulses? Not sure whether it can handle longer reverb impulses and other impulse responses with a long decay.
Last edited by Obsolete236871 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you very much! Already going to be the best free one for me.

Interesting.
It looks good, it features a zero latency mode, as well as a nice equalizer and decay editor.
Also, it seems that you can load your own IR, with a nice browser.
Thank you for the freebie, ImpulseRecord !

Seemed like a good group of folks on this post and thought I would jump in.

As one of the developers of Convology XT, I can tell you that the scope and size of Convology XT to play any file on the fly, with the click of this unit or that unit and then that particular file from 2,965 presets from 126 different pieces of vintage gear, was a challenge. It's actually pretty darn quick and cpu efficient when loading IR files, along with associated pictures, etc.

Impulse Record has been around for years and has been mainly a B2B. If you've ever worked with iZotope, Presonus, Steinberg, Camel Audio, Ubisoft games, (most of the major DAWs will be added in the next few months with the release of Convology XT) you have been using Impulse Records impulse response files.

Convology XT comes in 10 sections of the library and costs $349 when purchased together. Those sections are 80s and 90s DSP gear split into Basic, Classic and Pro, Spring Reverbs split into Boingy, Bright and Warm, Plates (17 different physical plates) Vintage Amps, Early German reverb units like the 245, 246, 248 and the 250 and Echo - Space that has various esoteric units.

We welcome your feedback and any questions you have.

You can find us online at https://impulserecord.com/convology-xt/
You can purchase library content here https://impulserecord.onfastspring.com/

Is there a product specific format required for loading IRs or can I load suitable WAV files as well?

Good question - the plugin will take either wav or aiff files.

impulse record wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:59 pm Good question - the plugin will take either wav or aiff files.
Thanks!
Another question: is there a kind of manual?

Does it do true stereo ?
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Return to “Effects”