bx_townhouse compressor: opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The GUI is so far removed from the Bx SSL consoles (which have perfectly functional, well-sized GUI's) that it's amazing these came from the same company.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alibling wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:09 pm Picked it up for 4$!
"Regular" price: $299

:lol:

elassi wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:59 pm
alibling wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:09 pm Picked it up for 4$!
"Regular" price: $299

:lol:
That‘s called DEFLATION :scared:

Is it a better deal than the ACME deal they had a few days ago (regular price also $299)? If I hadn't used my voucher on that, I'd get probably this....

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:04 pmThat‘s called DEFLATION :scared:
That's correct, though we could also use the term "penny stock". :hihi:

elassi wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:14 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:04 pmThat‘s called DEFLATION :scared:
That's correct, though we could also use the term "penny stock". :hihi:
The plugin market is in a bad condition...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:38 pm The GUI is so far removed from the Bx SSL consoles (which have perfectly functional, well-sized GUI's) that it's amazing these came from the same company.
One of the guys listed in the townhouse plugin has worked on Bx UI previously....although clearly not the best ones. http://www.robinochs.de/#/147888/

Any more of these $29 deals and they might be heading for Waves territory :D
NB) Sound-wise I'm very pleased with my purchase...just as I am with ACME.

Impossible to resist at this price. :D

Glad I am not a pick packer having to pay for 29 months and seeing prices like this...

Irresistible at that price ($34 inc.VAT) ... especially after getting ACME Opticom for only $4.80 :)

Just to toot my horn and get a small shot of satisfaction: townhouse + thorn upgrade + SPL Attacker $2! glad I waited for townhouse! :phones:

WTF is that fade button?! Being able to perform ultra-smooth 30 second fade outs inside a friggin' compressor plugin is so cool!

It's not just an SSL comp. That particular unit was a custom build trying to get to an SSL comp using SSL parts, but they had to source some parts from elsewhere. As a result it has a unique sound and it is a 1-of-a-kind unit.

yep.. it has definitely more solid sound than waves one. waves one has more natural sound.

Return to “Effects”