bx_townhouse compressor: opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There‘s a 24h deal for it from PA. Is it worth 29$?
Does it offer something unique?

$29? Wow! Yeah, that's a deal.

It's an SSL Bus Comp. If you already have a good one, it's not going to bring a whole lot new to the table, it'll just be a different flavor. If you're in the market for an SSL Bus Comp, then I'd definitely recommend it at that price.

The GUI is awful though. Tiny knobs and lots of wasted space.

With my discount code I picked it up for $4 lol. Hard to pass that up. It does sound great. I agree the GUI is way too small though, hopefully PA updates it in the future.

If I had my vouncher I'd probably get it for 4 usd. +1 on the gui needing an upgrade, makes it really hard to use (im on a 5k screen). I already have The Glue so dont feel like this is something I need.

it sounds great, but its GUI was apparently designed by an idiot. tiny knobs with very little resolution, unreadable small text, and looooooooooooooooooooots of wasted space.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:54 pm What is it with Plugin Alliance and their small GUIs with no resize option? It's not as if this was developed 10 years ago either. Unacceptable from a company that charges so much for their plugins, IMO. VSM-3 badly needs a resize option too.
This!!! Most of their plugins need this option

29$ how so? I see it for 129$

24H-toWn-29-190216

thanks!

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:11 pm There‘s a 24h deal for it from PA. Is it worth 29$?
Does it offer something unique?
Yes. It's really good.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Burillo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:43 pm it sounds great, but its GUI was apparently designed by an idiot. tiny knobs with very little resolution, unreadable small text, and looooooooooooooooooooots of wasted space.
Agreed. This is a massive pain in the ass. So much so that I always switch on the Native Reaper UI for this one.

The knobs are _stupid_ small and font is extremely hard to read. One of the worst UI designs of last year for sure.
Vortifex wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:54 pm What is it with Plugin Alliance and their small GUIs with no resize option? It's not as if this was developed 10 years ago either. Unacceptable from a company that charges so much for their plugins, IMO. VSM-3 badly needs a resize option too.
Agreed!! Plugin Alliance really need to step up in this regard.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Picked it up for 4$!

A bit of nostalgia for me. Thin Lizzy's Renegade Album was cut at Townhouse Studio London according to the record credits. I have no idea if one of these units was used in the process but I couldn't resist getting it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvIcpPhVpNM
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It's always hard for me to understand how a plugin can contain high-level DSP algorithms and maths (meaning there must be some really talented people involved), and at the same time, basic stuff like the GUI looks like it's designed and coded by someone who doesn't have a clue about anything.

Besides, "I don't need another compressor", and all that. But for $4, I'm willing to forgive a lot of things.

Return to “Effects”