Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiplicity

Hi all.

1.01 is out now at https://dmgaudio.com/multiplicity

Changes:
- Extended Ratios and Ranges parameter in Advanced DSP
- Fix for incorrect LOG behaviour. New parameter to allow LOG to function correctly for both compression and expansion. Defaults to on, but will set to off with old presets, so no session changes
- Fixes for latency issues
- Fix crash in iZotope RX on load
- Fix major bug with tooltip display which may have been causing crashes
- Extra safety checks with graphics code
- Improve latency reporting (for bug in Live with ext synths)
- Group undo for many operations, including grouped adjustments and preset loads
- Alt-drag box on graph to zoom in
- Typo in tooltip
- Allow toggling wet/dry and shape with click on text
- Pref for simplified numeric display
- Support better mousewheel in tooltip boxes
- Note-display of frequency with shift+alt click
- Show full-length preset names
- Parameter name inconsistencies

Enjoy!

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

SeeingInMidi wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:33 pm Hopping that this update features more extreme upward ratios and a lower floor gate threshold for noisy goodness :hyper:
You never know... ;) :P

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

DaveGamble wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:28 pm
SeeingInMidi wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:33 pm Hopping that this update features more extreme upward ratios and a lower floor gate threshold for noisy goodness :hyper:
You never know... ;) :P

Dave.
Thank you Dave! This beast of a compressor has just become so much more powerful! :party:

Just purchased Multiplicity and it is completely unusable in Windows Live Beta 10.1 on Windows 10. It goes into "Not Responding" mode and hangs with preset changes. Presets settings seem to change with audio running through it. Overall it lags greatly. Preset change takes about 30 seconds. I tried VST2 and VST3 instances with the same behavior.

It works fine in Reaper on the same machine.

:(

The Live beta is probably not a good thing to test with. Have you contacted Ableton? I just opened a few instances of Multiplicity in Ableton Live 10.0.6 and have no issues at all.

Pretty sure there are quite a few gremlins in Live 10 beta.

Also make sure you have the latest version of Multiplicity. It was just updated.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Working fine here, Live 10.1b13 Win 8.1

DaveGamble wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:20 pm Hi all.

1.01 is out now at https://dmgaudio.com/multiplicity

Changes:
- Extended Ratios and Ranges parameter in Advanced DSP
- Fix for incorrect LOG behaviour. New parameter to allow LOG to function correctly for both compression and expansion. Defaults to on, but will set to off with old presets, so no session changes
- Fixes for latency issues
- Fix crash in iZotope RX on load
- Fix major bug with tooltip display which may have been causing crashes
- Extra safety checks with graphics code
- Improve latency reporting (for bug in Live with ext synths)
- Group undo for many operations, including grouped adjustments and preset loads
- Alt-drag box on graph to zoom in
- Typo in tooltip
- Allow toggling wet/dry and shape with click on text
- Pref for simplified numeric display
- Support better mousewheel in tooltip boxes
- Note-display of frequency with shift+alt click
- Show full-length preset names
- Parameter name inconsistencies

Enjoy!

Dave.
Thanks for this quick and substantial update!

bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:18 pm The Live beta is probably not a good thing to test with. Have you contacted Ableton? I just opened a few instances of Multiplicity in Ableton Live 10.0.6 and have no issues at all.

Pretty sure there are quite a few gremlins in Live 10 beta.

Also make sure you have the latest version of Multiplicity. It was just updated.
I have the latest version of Multiplicity. I contacted DMGAudio support. Thanks

pekbro wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:02 pm Working fine here, Live 10.1b13 Win 8.1
Strange. Still broken for me in Live 10.1b14 update from yesterday.

wesleymayhem wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:40 am Strange. Still broken for me in Live 10.1b14 update from yesterday.
I've not been able to repro on the Live beta, have you submitted a bug report to Ableton?
Last edited by Krzysztof Oktalski on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wesleymayhem wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:40 am
Can you confirm, that it works for you in 10.0.6?

FYI: Both VST2 and VST3 working (simultaneously infact) in Live 10.1b14 here as well.

dermage wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:11 pm
Same broken behavior in Live 10.0.6. Seems to be a plugin interaction conflict. I disabled Softtube Console 1 and it works a little better but still 20 second lag after selecting preset before the plugin crossovers stop moving. Then any adjustment to a band causes the plugin to go into "Not Responding" state for 20 more seconds.

Tried Live Beta 10.1b14 VST2 and VST3 (with only one at a time installed) and Live 10.0.6 VST2 all with the same behavior.

In Reaper, same machine, same plugins directory, it works perfectly.

wesleymayhem wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:05 pm
dermage wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:11 pm
Same broken behavior in Live 10.0.6. Seems to be a plugin interaction conflict. I disabled Softtube Console 1 and it works a little better but still 20 second lag after selecting preset before the plugin crossovers stop moving. Then any adjustment to a band causes the plugin to go into "Not Responding" state for 20 more seconds.

Tried Live Beta 10.1b14 VST2 and VST3 (with only one at a time installed) and Live 10.0.6 VST2 all with the same behavior.

In Reaper, same machine, same plugins directory, it works perfectly.
Ok. So probably because in Live 10 they depend a lot more on the GPU. It is very important to have good drivers. I say not current drivers because I have a Geforce 570 and Live was also acting crazy. In the end it was a problem with the newer drivers, because Nvidia broke/crippled 3D support/clocks (by intentions obviously) around 2016/2017. I had to revert to 2015 drivers to get full acceleration back. Then Live was running smoothly.
So please check, if your GPU is running on full clocks and try some different drivers probably. Also if you have an integrated GPU, check if power saving mode is off and you are running on "Best Performance" mode (located in Power Options).

After weeks of demoing Multiplicity had already found it's way into so many projects that I had to buy it today. Thank's for this awesome tool!

Return to “Effects”