DMGAudio Multiplicity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiplicity

DaveGamble wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:37 pm
SeeingInMidi wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:38 pm Just tested out Multiplicity, it's a certified beast. Just shooting out a request here, maybe the team can think about it. For the "Ratio Below", I would like to see the option to go further than the maximum negative ratio of 1:2.00. Also have the option to set the floor to lower than the maximum of 24.0 dB. To go beyond these values might not be suitable for traditional mixing, but it's does wonders during sound design. Just a thought, maybe have the option to enable these settings in the setup menu like how you can enable/disable the safety range for attack and release in Expurgate.

Amazing release, will have to purchase it before the month ends!
Between you and I (and the rest of KVR obvs), that's, like, what I'm into. But I figured 1:2 was a sensible maximum for what is ostensibly a mastering processor. Pref to GO DEEPER seems sane enough. Leave it with me.

Dave.
Haha, you're the man Dave :tu: Maybe a negative ratio of infinite would be balsy too.

Once again, amazing release. A real game changer.
Last edited by SeeingInMidi on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Double post

Tried it on a few finished mixes.

Goal is transparency but there's something about it that remains musical to my ears on the attack/release character. My intention was to approach as a fixing thing but after a while found myself exploring as if testing a buss compressor.

Cooker wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:27 am My intention was to approach as a fixing thing but after a while found myself exploring as if testing a buss compressor.
I try and "save" the crossover because of this, I'll go in to make some fixes (with pre bands) and then wind up adding a bit of character with the crossover as a buss comp.

Tip - on percussive/drums/fast transient stuff, take the lookahead down to below 5ms (or 0) on the high frequency bands to get it spitting. Then you can shape transients elsewhere in the plugin.

Go in to address a problem, come out with a completely rebuilt channel. :)

Just noticed Multiplicity didn't get announced on the front page of KVR, anyone got any idea how that happens?

lachrimae wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:04 pm Here perhaps? https://www.kvraudio.com/developer_application.php
Cheers!

Krzysztof Oktalski wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:52 pm Go in to address a problem, come out with a completely rebuilt channel. :)
Exactly :lol:

By the way I noticed it can work insanely fast, computers aren't probably fast enough today but such tech. can be used (with enough bands) to make tools that work like the spectral comp.s of today without the artifacts. Might even make match eq's something of the past :tu:

DaveGamble wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:43 am Hi! Thanks for the kind words!
bmanic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm This is the perfect stepping stone plugin for anybody who has learned the basics of dynamics processing as it covers the whole range.
Erm. The phrase "stepping stone" usually implies going from something smaller via <blah> to something bigger. I tried imagining something more powerful than Multiplicity, and now I won't be able to sleep. WHAT DID YOU MEAN?!?!? :o (Cue horror movie soundtrack)

Dave.
Stepping stone to the next thing would be Reaktor/Max4Live and from there of course C++/C# etc. :D
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:11 pm
DaveGamble wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:43 am Hi! Thanks for the kind words!
bmanic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm This is the perfect stepping stone plugin for anybody who has learned the basics of dynamics processing as it covers the whole range.
Erm. The phrase "stepping stone" usually implies going from something smaller via <blah> to something bigger. I tried imagining something more powerful than Multiplicity, and now I won't be able to sleep. WHAT DID YOU MEAN?!?!? :o (Cue horror movie soundtrack)

Dave.
Stepping stone to the next thing would be Reaktor/Max4Live and from there of course C++/C# etc. :D
Haha. A stepping stone to actually coming round my house. Don't do it. It's scary here ;)

Edit: And my beard takes up half the space.

Dave.
Last edited by DaveGamble on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Edit: double post.
Last edited by DaveGamble on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Experimenting live on video with Multiplicity processing one of my Groove agent kits, adding bands/post-bands on the fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpa7-Ku1anY

Here's some mastering work done with Multiplicity. I always felt the track was too dark sounding. But doing a static lift didn't work through the whole track. I didn't want to get into automating EQ. With Multiplicity I could adjust settings per band that basically "program" the nature of cuts/boosts based on band side chain. This allowed for a sort of automated EQ approach which helps to solve problems through the track. It all sounds very nice across a wide range of settings which makes it easier to work with (you dont have to try and find those sweet spots). :phones:

I enabled downloads so you can download the 44/16 master. This has been downsampled from 96/24 using Myriad. Soundcloud data compresses and has a steep cutoff at 16.5k so the downloads are going to be better.

Original master without Multiplicity
https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/po ... us/s-YnDfI

New master with Multiplicity at end of original chain to try and fix some issues
https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/poltergeist
Last edited by plexuss on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Processing a Rhodes improv (+reverb/delay) with Multiplicity using a 2-band expansion setup and an X-Over to compress the result, later adding another band for transient shaping on the fly (which didn't quite succeed with all the reverb/delay floating around).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiE4frcmvRw

Loving the kitchen percussion and the before/after Poltergeist. Great examples, nice one!

Return to “Effects”