DMGAudio Multiplicity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiplicity

Hi everyone! Something new has arrived!

We're proud to introduce Multiplicity.

It’s a multiband processor and dynamic EQ. Frankly, it's a monster. Your busses want it.

https://youtu.be/wMxdxhk7UwY

It’s fine to be a bit scared by it - we are too - but it’s worth it for the magic you can work with it.

https://dmgaudio.com/multiplicity

174.99GBP, down to 157.50GBP first month, minus your loyalty discount from owning other bits.

Hope you enjoy!

Dave, Krz, Oli, Cath, Steve.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Looks like the business ! :)

BOOM.

Look great. When I have a spare $200 CAD I will consider it. I recently bundled up a few DMG plugins i was waiting to get and used my discount - there are no more DMG plugins I need so I wont be able to get a discount on this. :phones:
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

plexuss wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:13 pm Look great. When I have a spare $300 CAD I will consider it. I recently bundled up a few DMG plugins and used my discount then so I no longer can get bundle discounts. :phones:
Err... you'll still get the discount if you log in before you buy! The loyalty discounts just add up. With a bunch of plugins already bought, the price will be a lot closer to $200CAD.

Dave.

DaveGamble wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:14 pm
plexuss wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:13 pm Look great. When I have a spare $300 CAD I will consider it. I recently bundled up a few DMG plugins and used my discount then so I no longer can get bundle discounts. :phones:
Err... you'll still get the discount if you log in before you buy! The loyalty discounts just add up. With a bunch of plugins already bought, the price will be a lot closer to $200CAD.
Dave.
I see that yes. edited my post to reflect. $200. Working with the demo for a bit here, and I am impressed. It's a very versatile tool! :phones:
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woaaa, this looks like the all in-in-one-solution, one probably needs a month to learn it to it's full potential but it'll be worth it. Very tempting...

Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 pm Woaaa, this looks like the all in-in-one-solution, one probably needs a month to learn it to it's full potential but it'll be worth it. Very tempting...
Let me be completely honest here- you can just about scratch the surface in a month. I'm six months in and still finding new tricks with it. And I made it.

Being able to separate dynamics and transients as it does, allows some really interesting possibilities. And everything's subband/multiband on top. Plus you get the dual release and adjustable shape etc etc...

Case in point, 1:30 in the video above, when Steve adjusts the Target control. That's a new thing. There aren't any other things that do that. As for what it means, the beta team are far more qualified to answer than I am. But they all seem extremely excited about it.

Dave.

Slap it on some classic drum breaks and there's hours of tweaking fun to be had!

Yeah, the Transient/Dynamics targeting parameter is very cool.

You can hit the difference button at the top right to get a good idea of how it affects the processing. Essentially, anything dynamic that is fast enough to slip past the attack control is seen as a transient. The user can then target gain reduction on the transient portion of the signal, or the main body / dynamics of the signal. You can smoothly blend between either to get the perfect response for the task at hand.

Powerful stuph! :)
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

DaveGamble wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:24 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 pm Woaaa, this looks like the all in-in-one-solution, one probably needs a month to learn it to it's full potential but it'll be worth it. Very tempting...
Let me be completely honest here- you can just about scratch the surface in a month. I'm six months in and still finding new tricks with it. And I made it.

Being able to separate dynamics and transients as it does, allows some really interesting possibilities. And everything's subband/multiband on top. Plus you get the dual release and adjustable shape etc etc...

Case in point, 1:30 in the video above, when Steve adjusts the Target control. That's a new thing. There aren't any other things that do that. As for what it means, the beta team are far more qualified to answer than I am. But they all seem extremely excited about it.

Dave.
Ok, six months then for leaving the rookie stage. This is on top of my shopping list now for sure.

After demoing to get an understanding of the parameters, and RTFM, I put M on a mastering project. It took about 30 mins to dial in some dynamic EQ that really help to clarify the mix. Very impressive. I'll buy it before the intro period runs out. initially I thought $200 CAD (my price because I own some other DMG products) was quite pricey but after working with it I can see it's worth it for all that it does. :phones:

You amateurs.. this was an easy plugin to understand. Only took about 2 weeks for me to figure out the basics.. and I have almost no experience with dynamics processors. /s :hihi:

No seriously though, this is an extremely impressive plugin. It really is a Swiss army knife type of deal when it comes to dynamics. There's very little that can not be achieved with this. Now if Dave would add a traditional basic transient enhancer (basically two summed opposite polarity envelope followers with different attack/release to either enhance or diminish sustain/attack.. the basic SPL deal, nothing complicated) then it'd literally be an All-In-One tool for dynamics.

This is the perfect stepping stone plugin for anybody who has learned the basics of dynamics processing as it covers the whole range. Expansion up and down, compression up and down, everything in parallel too.. then add various stages of processing like before any crossovers, after crossovers etc.

It's ridiculously useful on various single sources as well. I've only now begun to explore the depth of this thing on individual sources. For instance, you can very nicely shorten the ring of a snare drum without at all losing the impact of the initial transient. Thus you can get a phat snare hit that doesn't ring! That if anything is getting your cake and eating it!! Yummy!

Yeah, as some of you know I'm a sucker for dynamics plugins and this one definitely hit me hard in the solar plexus. It's awesome. It's powerful. It demands restraint and respect as it's very easy to go too far but sometimes going too far is so much fun (check my OTT Revisited preset!). :D

Cheers Dave for creating this masterpiece!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

After some use, I am finding the parameters become intuitive once I learned what each one did and how it affected the performance and sound. Then, I could use them to push and shove the tonal balance and timing of each band so that I would nice musical results. Also, the soloing and monitoring (diff etc) help me to determine what to focus on in the full mix for in-context adjustment. So far on one project here it sounds very clean and musical. Even when I have a band pouncing around like mad (which it can do!) it still sounds pretty good! :phones:
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveGamble wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Dave.
Would it be possible to create a video that showcases the special things that
this plugin can do that others cannot (or cannot do easily)?

Respectfully, many of us are swimming in multiband dynamics/eq tools (fabfilter, izotope, uad, waves, etc etc) so showing clearly the added value would be necessary for buying.

Return to “Effects”