Now that was an expensive EQ plugin!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's my new goto. It's so transparent I actually can't tell when it's on or off. Everything I did before I got this was trash but now my mixes are so much better in a way that I can't actually hear but I know is there because the EQ was expensive.

:D

You could buy a hardware EQ or two for the same price.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Vortifex wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:49 pm It's my new goto. It's so transparent I actually can't tell when it's on or off. Everything I did before I got this was trash but now my mixes are so much better in a way that I can't actually hear but I know is there because the EQ was expensive.
Have you tried running it though Smart Electronix's Anechoic Room Simulator too - Definitely causes the mix to appear lighter (by about 5kg) and comes out from the loudspeakers with much more ease

My speakers are thanking me they're no longer constipated.

soulone82 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:05 am
Friedemann Tischmeyer wrote: Suddenly the mix seems to appear lighter and comes out from the loudspeakers with more ease
...so in reality it is some kind of expensive EQ laxative?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Bouroki wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:56 pm My speakers are thanking me they're no longer constipated.
Darn, you beat me to it! :D
Go MuLab!

So this won´t work on headphones then I suppose? Because he only refers to speakers.

:help:

soulone82 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:52 pm So this won´t work on headphones then I suppose? Because he only refers to speakers.

Pray the laxative won't work through headphones. :D
Go MuLab!

soulone82 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:52 pm So this won´t work on headphones then I suppose? Because he only refers to speakers.

As a valued customer they do offer you the exclusive cross-grade of $599 for the headphones edition :phones:

Bouroki wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:33 pm

As a valued customer they do offer you the exclusive cross-grade of $599 for the headphones edition :phones:
Only $599?

I really don't understand why maat is doing this to themselves. It's as if they're in a hurry to leave the market.

I think we will be seeing Elton John on the marketplace selling his delay to fund this. :love:

Vortifex wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:49 pm It's my new goto. It's so transparent I actually can't tell when it's on or off. Everything I did before I got this was trash but now my mixes are so much better in a way that I can't actually hear but I know is there because the EQ was expensive.
👌

Not saying that this is a scam in any way, the discussion that followed here reminded me of a company in Sweden selling boxes for about 500 € twenty years ago that were supposed to get rid of... GHOSTS!

If one opened the box, the guarantee became void. The box had a power chord attached.

A tv team purchased the box and opened it. Inside, they found two bricks (for building houses) hooked up to the power chord. They confronted the seller regarding this product but the seller replied: How could they be certain it didn't work properly? :hihi:

On a more serious note: if the dev thinks the sound is lighter after run through the EQ, then it's either a placebo effect or there might be a tiny boost in the 5-8 kHz range and a decrease in overall volume. In any case, it means the effect is not transparent (which might not be a bad thing per se).
Go MuLab!

Return to “Effects”